Lost or stolen device
If your device has been lost or stolen, we're available 24 hours a day to help. We can block your device, and send you a new sim with your existing number. If your device has been stolen, you need to let us and the police know within 24 hours. If it's been lost, just let us know within 24 hours. We'll then cap your liability for calls and data to £100, in case there is any unauthorised use of your device.
If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on:
0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.
If you're a Pay As You Go customer you'll need to call:
0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.
If you have phone insurance, we'll also help you make a claim and replace your mobile.
Making a claim
If you're making an insurance claim, we'll transfer you directly to O2 Insure, who will process your claim. You'll also need at least one of the following:
- A crime reference number from the police.
- A loss reference number from the police or a relevant authority (e.g. Transport for London).
- The name of the police station where you reported your phone lost/stolen, and the name and badge number of the officer you spoke to.
Once you have this info, you can get in touch straight away using Live Chat, or on the numbers above.
Replace your phone
If you’re counting your pennies but need a replacement, you could get one of our Perfectly fine phones. They’re second-hand and have been a bit more loved, but are still working well.
- Theres no cracks on the screen
- They might have superficial scratches on the back, sides and screen
- There will be no more than five deep scratches or chips up to 2mm in length
- All data has been security wiped
They’re available over the phone for existing customers. Give us a call on 202 from an O2 mobile, or 0344 8090202 from a landline which is charged at the standard UK rate.
If you're not sure about any techy terms, check out our jargon buster
Thank you for sending your feedback.
Topics from O2 Community
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.