Boostbox (signal booster) Consumer Service trial terms and conditions
- These trial terms and conditions (the “Trial Terms”) apply in addition to the General Boostbox Consumer Service terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) and to the O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement.
- The Boostbox Consumer Service trial (the “Trial”) is available to selected O2 Pay Monthly customers who are invited to apply by email or text message (“Eligible Customers”). Eligible Customers will be required to complete an online form to order a Boostbox Unit.
- Boostbox Units are subject to availability and are available on a first come, first served basis - an invitation to take part in the trial is not a guarantee you will receive a Boostbox Unit.
- You have seven days from receiving your email or text message invite to order your Boostbox Unit.
- You may not forward your invite to other people - it is for you only. Applications from people who have not been invited will be rejected.
- No applications from organised groups, third parties, or agents, will be allowed.
- Incomplete applications or applications that are not in accordance with the application instructions will be rejected.
- As part of the Trial, you will be required to give feedback about you experience - you will receive a survey via text message approximately one month after receiving your Boostbox Unit - all text messages are free. You may also receive a call for a short interview.
- We will aim to send you your Boostbox Unit within 14 days of you placing your order, but it may be quicker
- You will be able to keep your Boostbox Unit for as long as you remain an O2 Pay Monthly customer.
- Responsibility is not accepted for applications damaged, lost, or delayed as a result of any computer hardware, network or software failure of any kind.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of O2 is final. No correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative.
- By participating in the Trial, all applicants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this trial and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All application instructions form part of the rules.
- These Trial Terms shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller: Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX
General Boostbox Consumer Service terms and conditions
The following additional terms and conditions apply to the provision of the Boostbox Consumer Service (the “Agreement”).
TERM / EXPRESSION MEANING
“Allowed Numbers” has the meaning set out in paragraph 2.3
“Customer” means the O2 Pay Monthly Consumer Customer who has been provided with a Boostbox Unit;
“DSL” means digital subscriber line;
“Equipment” means the Boostbox Unit and any other equipment provided in relation to the Boostbox Consumer Service;
“Boostbox Consumer Service” has the meaning set out in paragraph 2
“Boostbox Unit” means Equipment utilising femtocell technology and any other related items, or equipment for use with the Boostbox Consumer
Service to provide 3G voice and data coverage over a limited indoor area via a broadband Internet connection.
“Other Service Providers” means any provider of telecommunications services other than O2
“Software” means any software, excluding End User Licensed Software, supplied to the
Customer by O2 under this Agreement;
“Territory” means the United Kingdom but not including the Hull Area, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly and the Channel Isles;
“User” means anyone permitted by the Customer to use the Boostbox Consumer Service
“Working Hours” means 08.00am - 21.00pm local UK time, on working days
2. BOOSTBOX CONSUMER SERVICE
The Boostbox Consumer Service is only available for use and in life support by selected O2 Pay Monthly customers. The Service is not available for non O2 Customers.
2.1 The Boostbox Consumer Service under which O2 supplies the Customer with the ability to access 3G voice and data services within a limited indoor area using a 3G device and an operational broadband connection comprises:
- the Boostbox Unit/s;
- associated support services;
- and any other related items, equipment or services O2 may provide to the Customer.
2.2 Standard deployment of the Boostbox Consumer Service utilises a DSL internet connection.
2.3 Use of the Boostbox Consumer Service is restricted to Users nominated by the Customer to access the Boostbox Consumer Service via a specified mobile phone number (“Allowed Numbers”)
2.4 The Boostbox Consumer Service has
- coverage reach of up to 25 metres;
- up to 32 Allowed Numbers; and
- up to 4 concurrent Users
3.6 The Customer shall at all times be responsible for:
- informing O2 of the geographical location (and any subsequent change to that location) from which the Boostbox Unit is to be operated; and
- informing O2 of any change of ownership of the Boostbox Unit.
Boostbox Units found in a location not specifically notified to O2 will be disabled immediately. A failure to notify O2 of the change of location/ownership of the Boostbox Unit may result in emergency calls being misdirected for which O2 will not be held responsible.
3. SERVICE STANDARDS
3.1 The provision of the Boostbox Consumer Service to the Customer is dependent upon the Customer or each User (as applicable) having:
- suitable and sufficient bandwidth capacity over an operational internet connection;
- a connection to an operational LAN port on a broadband router;
- a current subscription to DSL internet services or other internet services;
- a 13 amp mains socket;
- an O2 UK mobile phone number;
- a 3G capable mobile phone device;
- a 3G enabled SIM card; and
- any other hardware, software, cabling and related facilities as may be required from time to time, in which event O2 will notify the Customer of any additional requirements.
3.2 O2 has no responsibility for:
- the provision of internet services to the Customer or any associated maintenance or support (whether technical or otherwise)
- any limitations on the networks or equipment of Other Service Providers which may affect provision of the Boostbox Consumer Service.
3.3 O2 may be unable to provide the Boostbox Consumer Services from time to time, including but not limited to, Other Service Provider’s processes and maintenance, technical limitations in fixed networks, network outages and/or physical, meteorological or geographical conditions.
3.4 O2 does not guarantee the performance of the Boostbox Consumer Service including, but not limited to, coverage performance.
3.5 The Customer acknowledges that:
- use of the Boostbox Consumer Service to consume large quantities of data may affect the speed of the Customer’s internet service
- performance of the Customer’s router or internet services may affect performance of the Boostbox Consumer Service; and
- the provision of 3G voice and data services is subject to the mobile services terms and conditions applicable to those services.
3.6 All Equipment supplied by O2 in relation to the Boostbox Consumer Service shall be new and not of such age since manufacture as to impair its specified performance, functionality, reliability or safety.
4.1 The Customer must:
- provide to O2 the address of the site where the Boostbox Unit will be kept and immediately notify O2 in writing of any changes to these details that may occur from time to time; and
- immediately notify O2 if the Boostbox Unit is lost, stolen, damaged or used for fraudulent or other illegal activities.
4.2 The customer is responsible for:
- installing the Boostbox Unit at the site it is to be kept, including providing any power supply, broadband access, equipment, hardware or software that may be required and has not been provided by O2;
- taking prudent and appropriate measures to back up and protect any data on the Customer’s personal devices;
- preventing any unauthorised access to the Boostbox Consumer Service, including but not limited to any attempt, actual or suspected, to open, disassemble, decompile, copy, reverse-engineer or tamper with the Boostbox Unit
4.3 The Customer acknowledges that the:
- Boostbox Unit and Boostbox Consumer Service are trial products and services that are still in development by O2 and may be modified or withdrawn from time to time; and
- Customer’s use of the Boostbox Consumer Service does not affect the Customer’s rights and obligations in relation to any other services provided to it by O2 under the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement or any other agreement the Customer has with O2; and
- O2 is required to ensure that it retains correct up-to-date Boostbox Unit location details for the purpose of routing 999 calls and it is therefore paramount that the Customers informs O2 of the correct location of the Boostbox Unit, including any subsequent change of location and/or ownership immediately.
5.1 O2’s acceptance of an order for a Boostbox is subject to availability and O2 may reject any order without any liability to the Customer.
5.2 O2 reserves the right to add to, substitute, or to discontinue any item of Equipment at any time. O2 does not guarantee the continuing availability of any particular item of Equipment.
6. DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE AND RISK
6.1 O2 will deliver the Equipment to the customers provided that they are within the Territory. O2 will advise the Customer in good time of any instruction or other information required to enable the Customer to take delivery of the Equipment.
6.2 The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted an item of Equipment immediately after the Customer has taken delivery of the Equipment.
6.3 Risk in an item of Equipment shall pass to the Customer:
- when that item of Equipment has been delivered, if O2 is to deliver the item of Equipment; or
- if the item of Equipment is to be collected by the Customer, when the Customer takes possession
of that Equipment; and
- the Customer shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the item of Equipment to the extent that such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of O2 or its suppliers.
6.4 O2 does not guarantee that any Software supplied as part of the Equipment will be error free. The Customer shall not permit the whole or any part of any Software to be incorporated into any other computer programs.
7 TITLE IN THE EQUIPMENT
7.1 Notwithstanding acceptance and the passage of risk, title to an item of Equipment shall not pass to the Customer and shall remain at all times with O2.
7.2 The Customer undertakes not to sell, transfer, lease, charge, assign by way of security or otherwise deal in or encumber the Equipment in any way and that it shall keep such Equipment in good working order allowing for fair wear and tear during the period of use by the Customer.
8 FAULT RESPONSE
O2 shall provide fault response during the Working Hours. Where a fault is reported outside of the Working Hours, the fault will be treated as if it had been reported at 8.00am on the next Working Day. Work will only be carried out during the Working Hours.