Lost or stolen device
Help and support
Lost or stolen device | Help & Support | O2
Lost or stolen device? No need to worry, there are lots of ways to get help. We can block your device and send you a new sim with your existing number. And if you have phone insurance, we'll also help you make a claim and get a replacement.
- If your device has been stolen, you need to let us and the police know within 24 hours.
- If your device has been lost, just let us know within 24 hours. We'll cap your liability for calls and data to £100 in case there’s any unauthorised use.
Our opening hours are:
- Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm
- Saturday 8am - 8pm
- Sunday 8am - 6pm
If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call 0344 809 0202.
If you're a Pay As You Go customer, call 0344 809 0222.
If you're a Business customers, call 0800 977 7337.
Had your device stolen or lost while abroad? Please call +44 7860 980 202.
Making a claim
If you're making an insurance claim, we'll transfer you directly to O2 Insure, who will process your claim. You'll also need at least one of the following:
- A crime reference number from the police
- A loss reference number from the police or a relevant authority (e.g. Transport for London)
- The name of the police station where you reported your phone lost/stolen, and the name and badge number of the officer you spoke to.
Once you have this information, you can get in touch straight away using one of the numbers above.
Barring your phone
We’ve given our barring process a bit of a refresh, so you might now be able to use My O2 to apply a bar on your stolen device. Just sign in to your My O2 account to apply, view, or manage a bar on your service.
If you don’t have the option to apply a bar in My O2 just yet, no need to worry, this will be available to you soon.
Please note, you won’t be able to manage bars on incoming or outgoing text messages in My O2 – if you need help with this, please get in touch.
Replacing your phone
If you’re looking to save money and reduce e-waste, why not choose one of our refurbished phones? All our refurbished and second-hand mobile phones undergo a thorough quality check. They also come with a 12-month warranty. View our Like New range.
If you're not sure about any techy terms, check out our jargon buster.