1. Calling the O2 Top-Up line
If you're in a direct dial country, you can call the O2 Top-Up line for free by:
- Calling 4444
- Using Hotkey 3 on your Pay As You Go mobile
- Calling 03456 062 277 from any landline
If you're topping up from a country that doesn't allow direct dialling, enter *111*# then press the call button. Your mobile will go on standby for a few seconds before it rings.
Answer the call and follow the instructions to access the Top-Up line by dialling 4444#.
2. E-Top Up cards
If you have an E-Top Up card, simply:
- Call 248 free from your mobile
- Enter the 19-digit number on the back of the card
- Enter the 5-digit PIN under the scratch panel on the back of the card
You'll then get a text confirming that the card has been registered successfully and the credit will be added to your account.
Once you've activated an E-Top Up card, you can use the card to top up your mobile anywhere you see the E-Top Up logo.
3. Auto Top-Up
To get started, log in to our automatic online top-up service, using your My O2 username and password.
You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.
Other ways to top up
- Buy a voucher in any shop where you see the green top-up logo
Topping up abroad
If you're off on holiday, it's a good idea to top up your mobile before you leave. But if you need to top up overseas, you can:
- Take an O2 voucher with you
- Call the O2 Top-Up line and use your credit/debit card
- Top up online (we recommend using wifi to avoid data charges)
- The maximum amount you can top up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days
- There's also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level with a credit/debit card, you'll need to use one of our other methods, like E-Top Up or vouchers
- If you add credit using vouchers, or in your local shop using E-Top Up, you can top up a maximum of £50 at once
- You can add credit by voucher and E-Top Up as often as you like, and there's no limit to the amount you can top up in a given period of time
If you're having problems using our online top-up service, then try clearing your browser cache. On Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options and select Delete Files and/or Cookies.
If you have any other questions about topping up your Pay As You Go account:
- Contact us via Live Chat
- Call 4444 free from your mobile
- Call 0345 606 2277 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
If you're not sure about any techy terms, check out our jargon buster
Thank you for sending your feedback.
Topics from O2 Community
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.