O2 | TU Go Terms and Conditions
Terms & conditions
TU Go Terms and Conditions
- The TU Go application ("App") is available via a mobile application or a supported web browser to O2 customers only These terms are the terms and conditions of the TU Go service and by registering for the Service, using the App and/or continuing to remain registered for the service in the event we notify you of a change to these terms you confirm that you're happy to accept and abide by these terms. When you download the App. to your device(s) it will appear under the name “TU”. Within the App. itself the App. will also be referred to as TU.
- As soon as you register and begin using the App, TU Go will store your SMSs, Other Messages voicemails and records of your voice calls ("Communications Information"). You are able to select how long your Communications Information will be stored for in the "Communication Storage settings". Your Communications Information will be deleted after the period of time you have asked to store them for has elapsed or until you delete the messages via the App or completely delete your account. Just deleting the app from your device or closing your web browser will not delete these records, Please see paragraph 4 below on how to de-provision your account to ensure all Communications Information is deleted.
- You may delete Communications Information from your timeline on the App. Deleting from your timeline will not delete Communications Records on your device but will delete it from the TU Go App on other devices.
- Deleting the App will not automatically erase the Communications Information stored on it unless you take appropriate steps to de-provision your account via the App. You can delete your account within the App at settings-> account ->delete account. If you do not de-provision your account in this manner but merely delete the app then you Communications Information will not be deleted until the period your have specified to retain your Communications Information has expired. If you have selected indefinitely then your Communications Information will not be deleted until you have de-provisioned your account as per the above.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that private or sensitive information is deleted from the App and from your timelines. If you are using the App via a web browser, you are responsible for keeping your information safe, particularly if you are using a shared or public computer. O2 are not responsible for any information that is not appropriately safeguarded by you or correctly deleted from the App in accordance with clause 3.
- The App lets you:
a. connect voice calls to standard fixed and mobile numbers in the UK using your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device;
b. send and receive SMS; and
c. download your voicemails to be listened to through the App on your device(s).
d. send and receive picture messaging and such other message formats as O2 may introduce from time to time which may include video calls, video messages and group messaging ("Other Messages").
- The service is only available, if, having downloaded the App you enter a valid mobile phone number and then use the App on a suitable device or on a supported web browser. To find out if you have a suitable device visit: www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go. Supported operating systems for the web-based version of the App include certain versions of Chrome, Firefox & Opera browsers.
- You will have to carry out a security validation process to confirm that you are using the App for the mobile phone number that you've given us. The App cannot be shared, and may only be used by the individual who is the account holder for the relevant O2 mobile phone number.
- If you disconnect your O2 account, or are in breach of your terms of service with O2, your TU Go service will be terminated. A reasonable time after you are no longer an O2 customer or your account is inactive for a significant length of time, your account and data may be deleted from our servers. We’ll notify you by contacting you on the number you registered. If we don’t hear back, your account and the information contained in it will be deleted.
- The App uses data (whether it be mobile or wifi) to run, which will be charged in accordance with your internet service provider or mobile data contract. You may have a limited amount of monthly data from your internet service provider so be careful that you don't run up extra costs that you're not expecting.
- There is no monthly subscription charge associated with the TU Go service, however you will be charged in accordance with your existing tariff rates for making calls or sending text messages whether made over the mobile network (GSM) or Wi-Fi, or using mobile data. For clarity, you are charged separately for each individual element of using the service; the call, the text message or Other Messages and the data usage. International calls and data usage will be charged in accordance with standard rates. Other Messages are currently classed by TU Go as text messages for the purposes of charging under this paragraph 11. The cost of the TU Go service or the classification of Other Messages as text messages is subject to change. We will notify you of any changes to the costs for the service in advance.
- You will need to have a compatible device and operating software to use the App. Details can be found at www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go.You will be responsible for updating your App from time to time.
- If you use the App to make a call on Wi-Fi and then leave the area of Wi-Fi coverage (or move onto another Wi-Fi service during the call) then the call will drop. Calls will not transfer between Wi-Fi and your cellular network if you leave Wi-Fi coverage (or visa-versa). Calls may stay connected on the mobile network for up to one minute after you have lost the Wi-Fi connection. You may be charged for the cost of a call of up to one minute, even though you have lost the connection.
- You must not use the App:
- for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, other malicious programs or code.
- for unlawful or fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, malicious, threatening, racist, indecent, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, menacing, or otherwise objectionable;
- to harass, stalk, inconvenience, cause annoyance or needless anxiety to any person, impersonate any other person or act in a way which may reasonably be objectionable or is otherwise injurious to third parties;
- for business, commercial or unreasonable use;
- in any way that breaches copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Services or access to the Services to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- to initiate the sending of unsolicited advertising or promotional material including without limitation junk-mail for commercial or non-commercial reasons; or
- via a Gateway so that the Service is provided via the Gateway to third parties.
If you do, we might have to block your use of the App.
- Any call diverts that you have set up on your mobile phone shall be cancelled when you use the App. These will revert if you delete your TU Go account. Your voicemail service must be set up and active in order to use the App. If you have turned your voicemail service off, registering for the App will automatically turn voicemail back on. If you wish to turn voicemail back off you need to deactivate it in the App settings.
- Some device features set by the device manufacturer may not be supported by the App, for example anonymising your caller ID and ‘do not disturb’ modes. Anonymous calls cannot be made from the App.
- The App is not a replacement for your mobile phone. The App does not support calls from smartphones to all numbers over Wi-Fi (like premium numbers) and does not allow you to make emergency (999) calls. If you try to make an emergency call from the App on a smartphone then the app will exit and an emergency call will be attempted over your mobile network. Making emergency calls from Wi-FI only devices is supported, however to provide an accurate location to emergency services, we still recommend using your smartphone if available.
- O2 shall have no liability for any decrease in device functionality as a result of your use of the TU Go service. Any numbers that you have barred on your mobile account (e.g. international calls) will not be applied in the App. International calls are available through the App and will be charged at your standard international rates.
- The App cannot be used to call premium rate numbers.
- The App is for person to person communications only. Certain automated messages (e.g. PIN automated bank codes) may not be sent to your App.
- You are responsible for keeping your TU Go password and log in details secure. Do not share these details and keep them safe. Your TU Go timelines will sync across your devices and can be viewed from each device. It is your responsibility to ensure that your device is secure and not accessible to others. O2 is not responsible for any losses or charges incurred by you as a result of your failure to keep your devices secure.
- You are recommended to use the service on secure network(s) that are password protected. Calls made over Wi-Fi are not secure or encrypted.
- O2 are not responsible for any loss or damage to your messages, contacts and call history which arises as a result of your use of the App.
- You agree to receiving messages from time to time about O2 products and services, including SMS. Some machine-generated messages will be delivered to all of the devices on which you have installed or viewed the App.
- O2 don't represent or warrant that the App is free of inaccuracies, errors, delays, bugs or interruptions. We can't promise that the App will be free from interruptions or that the service is reliable, of a certain quality, accurate, complete or otherwise valid.
- The App is provided with the reasonable care and skill of a developer of free-of charge apps developing to allow use across multiple operating systems and devices and with functionality that will vary as a result. Other than this and as required by statute it is provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind and O2 expressly disclaims any and all warranties of fitness for purpose, availability, storage of data, security, title and/or non-infringement. You use the App at your own discretion and risk. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- O2 reserves the right to amend, terminate or suspend this service at any time.
- These terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which both you and we submit to.
Supplementary terms for Business Customers
- TU Go will not work in conjunction with some O2 services such as Just Call Me and Mobile Voice Recording. Further details can be found atwww.o2.co.uk/business/products-and-services/business-apps/tu-go
- The TU Go service is available on all business tariffs except Mobile Extension (Mobex), some Best for Business tariffs and data only tariffs.
- If you have an international bar on your mobile account you will not be able to use the TU Go service.
- The TU Go service is not a Public Sector Network accredited product.