O2 Connect 1st Edition Terms and Conditions
The O2 Connect application ("App") is available to O2 customers who have been invited to take part in the trial of O2 Connect. Participation in the trial is subject to availability and may be ended at any time at O2's discretion.
The App lets you:
- connect voice calls to standard fixed and mobile numbers in the UK using your smartphone, tablet or other compatible devices;
- send and receive SMS ; and
- download your voicemails to be listened to through the App on your device(s).
Additional services may be available after launch.
You need to have a Wi-Fi data signal. If you try to make a call using the App when you don't have a Wi-Fi data connection on a mobile phone, the call will connect like a normal mobile call. In that case it'll be charged at your normal rate for that type of call. These are the terms and conditions of the App service and by using the App you confirm that you're happy to accept and abide by these terms.
- The service is only available if, having downloaded the O2 Connect App, you enter a valid mobile phone number and then use the App on a suitable device. You will have to carry out a security validation process to confirm that you are using the App for the mobile phone number that you've given us. The App cannot be shared, and may only be used by the individual who is the account holder for the relevant O2 mobile phone number. If you disconnect your O2 account, or are in breach of your terms of service with O2, your O2 Connect service will be terminated.
- We will notify of any costs for the service in advance.
- You will need to have a compatible device and operating software to use the App. You will be responsible for updating you App from time to time. Please see the FAQs for details. If you need support regarding the use of your App, please visit https://getsatisfaction.com/o2labs.
We want people to have fun and use the App to call each other, but you must not use the O2 Connect App:
- for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, other malicious programs or code.
- for unlawful or fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, malicious, threatening, racist, indecent, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, menacing, or otherwise objectionable;
- to harass, stalk, inconvenience, cause annoyance or needless anxiety to any person, impersonate any other person or act in a way which may reasonably be objectionable or is otherwise injurious to third parties;
- for business, commercial or unreasonable use;
- in any way that breaches copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Services or access to the Services to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- to initiate the sending of unsolicited advertising or promotional material including without limitation junk-mail for commercial or non-commercial reasons; or
- via a GSM Gateway so that the Service is provided via the GSM Gateway to third parties.
If you do, we might have to block your use of the O2 Connect App.
- Using the app will use data. Data charges may apply for the use of your service. You may have a limited amount of monthly Wi-Fi or data from your internet service provider so be careful that you don't run up extra costs that you're not expecting.
- If you use the App to make a call on Wi-Fi and then leave the area of Wi-Fi coverage (or move onto another Wi-Fi service during the call) then the call will drop. Calls will not transfer between Wi-Fi and your cellular network if you leave Wi-Fi coverage (or visa-versa).
- You are responsible for keeping your O2 Connect password secure. Your messages and usage records will be stored on the server. O2 are not responsible for any loss or damage to your messages, contacts and call history.
- Some elements of the App may be experimental. We don't represent or warrant that the App is free of inaccuracies, errors, delays, bugs or interruptions. We can't promise that the App will be free from interruptions or that the service is reliable, of a certain quality, accurate, complete or otherwise valid. The App is provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind. O2 expressly disclaims any and all warranties of fitness for purpose, availability, storage of data, security, title and/or non-infringement. You use the App at your own discretion and risk.
- The App is not a replacement for your mobile phone. The App does not support calls to all numbers over Wi-Fi (like premium numbers) and does not allow you to make emergency (999) calls.If you try to make an emergency call from the App then the app will exit and an emergency call will be attempted over your mobile network.
- O2 reserves the right to amend, terminate or suspend this service at any time.
- These terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which both you and we submit to.
The O2 Connect App 1st Edition Trial
O2 will be running a short closed Trial of the App (the "Trial").
You can apply to be included in the Trial of the App by going to http://o2labs.co.uk/o2-connect-invite.html and giving us your details. Alternatively, you may be invited to participate in the Trial.
We're only letting a limited number of people use the App to start off with. If you leave your details and aren't successful this time, we'll be in touch by email/text if there is another chance to join later on.
We might have to remove the service, or your access to it, without notice. We hope you won't mind and we will try and contact you before we do shut it down.
As part of the Trial we would love to have your feedback on the App, its performance, as well as other suggestions for future versions. You can leave feedback and ask questions by going to https://getsatisfaction.com/o2labs.
Telefónica UK Limited, registered in England and Wales, registered office address: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX, UK (company number 4196996). © February 2012