Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
This Agreement sets out both of our rights and responsibilities. It is for consumer customers who take Pay Monthly mobile services from us for their own personal use and/or on our consumer tariffs. If you’re an O2 Business customer, then our O2 terms and conditions for businesses apply.
A quick summaryHERE IS A SUMMARY OF SOME IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR AGREEMENT
The full terms of your Agreement are below. You can also pick up a copy in an O2 shop, check our Website or ask customer services to send you a copy. It's important that you read and understand the full terms before you sign up.
1. Charges/Price increases - Each year your Monthly Subscription Charges will be subject to an annual adjustment by the RPI Rate. RPI (or Retail Price Index) is a measure of inflation published by the Office of National Statistics. It measures the change in the cost of a sample of retail goods and services. This adjustment could be an increase or a decrease and the adjusted amount will first appear on your April bill. E.g. below (RPI rates illustrative only):
If your airtime tariff is £21 a month when you sign up in September.
Year 1: On your first April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £21.63 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 3.0%) i.e. £21 x 1.030 = £21.63; and
Year 2: On your next April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £22.21 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 2.7%), i.e. £21.63 x 1.027 = £22.21401.
You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. We may charge fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services. Your inclusive allowances cover mainland calls, texts and data in our Europe Zone provided that if you’re on a data-only (Mobile Broadband) tariff, data can only be used in the UK. Special numbers and services (such as premium rate numbers and some 08 numbers) are not included. Please see our Tariff Terms and Website for more details about specific tariffs and Charges outside your allowances. We may increase or decrease our other prices from time to time. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without paying the Monthly Subscription Charges for the remaining months of your Minimum Period, however if you've taken Equipment on a Device Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.
2. The Change-Your-Mind Period - If you change your mind about certain Equipment (usually a Mobile Phone) you've bought from us, you may be entitled to return items once and exchange them for another within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period. Details will be in your welcome letter or email, or in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement. You can also ask in an O2 shop or check our Website. If you've taken Equipment from us under a separate Device Plan and you are withdrawing from that Device Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay in full for your Equipment. You agree that Services will begin immediately if you already have a SIM Card or when you receive a SIM Card. You'll have to pay for any calls, texts, data and other charges you've incurred, including during the Change-Your-Mind Period. .
3. Your Minimum Period - Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum term called a Minimum Period. After that Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice and you will have to pay Charges during this notice period. Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period and if you've taken Equipment on a Device Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
4. The Services and Equipment we supply and what you can expect of us - Our Services aren't available everywhere in our Europe Zone. You should check predicted Network coverage in your area on our Website. The Services are not fault free and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time. We will manage the Network in various ways. We use reasonable skill and care in providing you with the Services and will attempt to re-perform disrupted Services when possible. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement.
Equipment we supply will accord with the manufacturer's description and packaging but digital Content (such as apps or software) preloaded on such Equipment will often contain minor defects and such Content should be judged against quality standards proportionate to the value of those digital goods. Always keep your Content up to date. You have the right to reject defective Equipment within the periods of time set out on our Website.
5. What we expect of you - We may end the Agreement if: you don't pay any Charges that are due or if you’re bankrupt. We can also end the Agreement if we reasonably believe the Service is being used: fraudulently, illegally, in a way that harms our Network, contrary to our Fair Use Policy, or to cause annoyance (among other things).