Student discount | Get 20% off your Refresh plan | O2
Save money on O2 Refresh
Save 20% on airtime and more
How to set it up
Add code in basket
Buy your new device on O2 Refresh, or accessory, and add the code in the basket.
- What do I qualify for with Student Discount?
As a student, you'll get a 20% student discount on your Airtime Plan when you pick up a phone, tablet or mobile broadband device on O2 Refresh. The Airtime Plan covers your calls, texts and data. You'll also be able to claim 20% off accessories.
Your Device Plan is the total cost of your device which is paid off monthly, so the discount isn’t available on this part of your monthly bill. But you can reduce those bills by spreading the cost of your device up to 36 months with our Custom Plans.
- How do I get my discount?
Buying online or over the phone?
- Sign in to UNiDAYS or TOTUM, or open the UNiDAYS GRADLiFE app, to get your unique basket code.
- Buy a new device on O2 Refresh and add your code at the promo code step.
Forgot to add your code at the basket step? Don’t worry. Sign in to UNiDAYS to get a stores code instead, then text it to 61202.
Buying in store?
- Buy a new device on O2 Refresh. Visit an O2 store and choose a brand new smartphone, tablet or mobile broadband device.
- Come back to this page within 28 days, and sign in to UNiDAYS and get your unique stores code.
- Send us your unique stores code. Text 61202 from any mobile.
- How do I claim an accessory discount?
- Go to UNiDAYS or TOTUM, or open the UNiDAYS GRADLiFE app, to get your accessories voucher code.
- Buy a new accessory and add your code at the basket step.
If you’re in store you’ll need to have proof of student status (your UNiDAYS or TOTUM account ID) to show staff.
- Which devices and accessories are excluded?
- Are there other exclusions?
The airtime discount is only applied to a phone, tablet or mobile broadband refresh contract. Out-of-bundle and premium-rate charges are excluded. The discount is a percentage of the Airtime Plan only.
Business tariffs and any other tariffs bought through a third party aren’t eligible. Standard tariffs, sharer plans or O2 Refresh tariffs and sim only tariffs that already have a discount applied are not eligible for the airtime discount.
Our six months’ free airtime offer can’t be combined with the Student discount.
Discount doesn’t apply to products bought on a Device Plan. But you can still pay less than you think when you spread the cost, with 0% APR.
- What if I don't have a UNiDAYS, TOTUM or UNiDAYS GRADLiFE account?
If you don’t have a UNiDAYS or TOTUM account but qualify for one, you can sign up for an account with either. To sign up to UNiDAYS, click 'Create Account' to sign up. Or to sign up to TOTUM, click on cards.totum.com/join to sign up.
To qualify for a UNiDAYS GRADLiFE account, you must have previously held a UNiDAYS account. UNiDAYS will automatically transfer you to a UNiDAYS GRADLiFE account after the end of the Student term. You can’t sign up directly for a UNiDAYS GRADLiFE account otherwise. If you qualify but haven’t been transferred across, see https://www.myunidays.com/GB/en-GB/support/contact for support.
- What if I'm eligible for more than one discount?
If you’re eligible for more than one airtime discount, we’ll give you the largest discount that’s available to you.
- How will I know if my discount has been applied?
The airtime discount will be applied within three working days of you completing the redemption process. You'll be able to see the discount on your second bill. Take a look at your bill within My O2.
- How long will I get the discount for?
Your discount will be applied to your account until your device plan comes to an end. If you upgrade and you're still eligible for the discount, you'll need to apply the discount again.