Great upgrade deals
New iPhone 12
From £41.50* a month. £30 upfront. 30GB data. And get up to six months' Apple Music.
- I'm a Carphone Warehouse customer, how do I upgrade?
Our contract with Carphone Warehouse ended on 31 March 2020, so you won’t be able to upgrade your O2 contract through them anymore. The good news is you can do it all with us. And now that we’re looking after you directly, we believe we’ll be able to bring you better value and service. If you’re a Carphone Warehouse customer and you’re ready for a new phone, call us on 0808 002 0202 for exclusive deals.
- When can I upgrade?
If you’re on Pay Monthly, you can upgrade as soon as you’ve paid off your phone. Want to upgrade early? You can pay off your Device Plan anytime if you’re on O2 Refresh, then you’re free to get your new phone.
- When will my new device be delivered?
If you order your device by midnight, you’ll get free next working day delivery to non-remote locations. Or you can order online and collect in store the same day, depending on stock and staff availability. Want to pick your own delivery slot? See our delivery options.
- What are custom plans?
Our custom plans put you in control. Choose how much to pay upfront, and spread the balance for up to 36 months to keep the cost down – or choose as little as three months if you want to pay it off quicker. Then, simply pick your data allowance to finish building your customised plan. You can even change it every month if that’s your style. Find out more about custom plans.
- How do I sign in to My O2?
You can sign in to My O2 online or get the My O2 app. If you’re on Pay Monthly, we’ll set up your My O2 account automatically. You just have to enter the username and password we gave you when you joined O2. If you’re on Pay As You Go, you’ll need to create an account first.
- How do I get in touch if I need help?
You can get in touch over webchat, over the phone or through the O2 Community.
- Read the Speed to Refresh Terms
Speed to Refresh (the "Offer") is available to Eligible Customers only.
You're an 'Eligible Customer' if:
- you're an existing consumer Pay Monthly customer on a handset tariff (excluding O2 Lease tariffs) who signed up in an O2 Shop, through O2 telesales or through o2.co.uk more than three months ago, and
- you signed or re-signed to your current tariff in the last 24 months and are still within the minimum term of your current contract; and
- you wish to take an O2 Refresh (consisting of a Device Plan' and an 'Airtime Plan from us (see full terms at O2 Refresh - Device Plan and terms and conditions) where the combined monthly Device Plan and Airtime Plan are equivalent to, or of higher value than, your current handset tariff.
The Offer is not available if you want to sign up to a simplicity, sim only tariff or a non-O2 Refresh Pay Monthly tariff.
Speed to Refresh terms and conditions
- If you are an Eligible Customer, and you accept all of the terms and conditions of the Offer listed here, we will allow you to end your existing Pay Monthly contract early and upgrade.
- Before you can end your existing contract under this Offer you must:
- Have paid a one-off, non-refundable charge. The charge is your normal monthly subscription charge multiplied by each complete month remaining of your minimum term (as calculated by O2) less 25% (the "Speed to Refresh Fee");
- Sign up for a new O2 Refresh tariff consisting of a Device Plan on a consumer credit agreement and an Airtime Plan on our standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; and
- Understand and agree that if you change your mind you won't be able to go back to your previous airtime tariff or get a refund on your Speed to Refresh Fee. However, you'll still have the right to change your mind about the device or cancel completely as set out in paragraph 8 below.
- The Offer is available for Eligible Customers in O2 Shops and Customer Services over the phone or via webchat.
- You must sign up to an O2 Refresh tariff where the combined Device Plan and Airtime Plan is equivalent to, or of higher value than, your current handset base tariff, excluding any bolt-ons or additional services. In limited circumstances and depending on your handset tariff and the O2 Refresh tariffs available, this will not always require the combined monthly cost to be of equal or higher value than your current handset tariff, but an O2 advisor will be able to tell you which of the O2 Refresh combined Device and Airtime Plans are of equivalent value to your current handset tariff. For the avoidance of doubt, you will not be able to take this Offer if you are signing up for a new handset tariffs (including or excluding 4G) not on O2 Refresh and/or adding 4G bolt-ons to an existing tariff.
- The Speed to Refresh Fee must be paid by credit or debit card.
- If you are not an Eligible Customer then you will not be able to take the Offer and will need to pay the full remaining monthly subscription charges for the remainder of your minimum term if you wish to end your contract during your minimum term.
- If you take up the Offer, any unused call/text allowances on your current tariff will be lost. You won't be able to move back to your old tariff after you've upgraded.
- When you take an O2 Refresh Device Plan through the Offer, you can change your mind about which device you take in the first seven working days or you can cancel your entire O2 Refresh package (both Device Plan and Airtime Plan) as part of our standard 'Change Your Mind' policy. This means you can:
- change your device for a different device available on O2 Refresh (which may involve signing up to a different Device Plan); or
- subject to paragraphs 9 and 10 below, cancel both the Airtime Plan and Device Plan, get a refund on any upfront payment you may have made for your device and return the device to us.
- If you decide to cancel, we won't be able to refund your Speed to Refresh Fee and/or put you back on your old tariff or move to a sim only tariff.
- If you're cancelling, you'll still be responsible for any usage charges you've incurred.
- You also have 14 days to change your mind about buying the device on the Device Plan credit agreement. You can't return the device to us after the 7 day Change Your Mind period ends so if you withdraw from your Device Plan credit agreement you'll need to buy the device outright. You can still carry on with your Airtime Plan.
- This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any early upgrade eligibility you may have as part of O2 Rewards.
- You can also get money for your old device by trading it in with O2 Recycle.
- O2 may withdraw or amend this Offer at any time and will post details on our website. Please check o2.co.uk for up-to-date information.