Our roaming charges
Going on holiday? Good news. We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our tariffs. So if you buy one of our Big Bundles, your minutes, texts and data can be used in the UK and in our Europe Zone. And for our Classic Pay As You Go tariffs, you’ll be charged in our Europe Zone in the same way as you would be at home.
Got an International Sim? Depending on how much you’ve topped up, your free O2 to O2 minutes, O2 to O2 texts and data allowances can be used in our Europe Zone, including the UK. Your tariff gives you discounted calls and texts from the UK to international mobiles and international landlines from your Pay As You Go mobile. For other charges, you’ll be charged in our Europe Zone in the same way as you would be at home.
- Using data in our Europe Zone
When you use data in our Europe Zone it will come out of your allowance, or be charged just like it would be in the UK - check the allowances and rates. If you’re on a £30 Big Bundle, there’ll be a limit to how much data you can use in our Europe Zone.
Tariff UK data allowance Data you can use in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) Charge for data between Europe Zone (excluding UK) and UK allowance £30 Big Bundle 20GB 10GB £0.00597 per MB
- What if I run out of data?
If you run out of data whilst in our Europe Zone you’ll be charged our Web Daily (this happens automatically if you have enough credit) and once you’ve used this you can buy a Web Daily Bolt On. The options and costs for our Web Daily and Web Daily Bolt On are the same as if you were in the UK. If you buy one of these Bolt Ons and don’t use all the data before heading back to the UK, you’ll still be able to use it when you get home. And if you add a Bolt On in the UK, you’ll also be able to use it in our Europe Zone.
If you are on our £30 Big Bundle, once you’ve hit the data use amount in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) set out in the table above, you will be charged at the Europe Zone Web Daily rate (this happens automatically if you have enough credit). You can also buy additional Europe Zone Web Daily Bolt Ons up to the amount of your UK data allowance listed above. Any data usage above your UK data allowance will be charged at UK Web Daily and UK Web Daily Bolt On rates. Our Europe Zone Web Daily and Europe Zone Web Daily Bolt Ons can only be used in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK). See our Bolt Ons for more information.
If you use your phone in a country outside of our Europe Zone, our standard roaming charges will apply.
You can text ROAM to 20202 to find out how much of your UK allowance you can use in our Europe Zone.
- What’s included in your tariff allowances in our Europe Zone?
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), to any other country in our Europe Zone (including the UK).
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Using your data allowance whilst in our Europe Zone – subject to any data allowance limits.
- What’s not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK, to countries outside of the UK.
- Making calls or sending texts to countries outside of our Europe Zone.
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers, directory service numbers and some non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time). Find out more
- Using more data than included in your Europe Zone (excluding the UK) allowance. If you do, this will be charged at our Europe Zone Web Daily and Europe Zone Web Daily Bolt On rates.
- Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK.
- What destinations are included in our Europe Zone?
Destinations Austria Azores Belgium Bulgaria Canary Islands Croatia Cyprus* Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France French Guiana Germany Gibraltar Greece Guadeloupe Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Madeira Malta Martinique Mayotte Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Reunion Romania Saint Barthelemy Saint Martin San Marino Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden United Kingdom Vatican City
* Not including Northern Cyprus
- What destinations aren’t included in our Europe Zone?
All destinations outside of our Europe Zone are excluded. This includes Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco or Switzerland. If you’re planning on visiting one of these five countries, you can stay connected using our O2 Travel Bolt On.
If you’ve already used O2 Travel in Europe this will automatically be deactivated in our Europe Zone. This means that from 15 June 2017 you’ll no longer be charged for O2 Travel when you’re in our Europe Zone, as you can use your UK Pay As You Go tariff as explained above.
If you’re travelling to Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco or Switzerland you’ll still be opted in to O2 Travel. You’ll get 100MB of data to use in these countries for £1.99 a day, unless you opt out by texting TRAVELOFF to 21300. Find out more about O2 Travel
- What other restrictions are there?
You can only use our services for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks, in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK). Otherwise we may charge you or have to suspend you from using our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK). If this has happened to you and you think it might be a mistake, call 4445 from your O2 mobile, or 0344 809 0222 from any other phone.
Use of our services in our Europe Zone is subject to our fair usage policy.
- What about Pay Monthly customers?
Our roaming charges have changed for Pay Monthly customers too. Read about the details here.
Thank you for sending your feedback.
Topics from O2 Community
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.