Our roaming charges
Going on holiday? Good news. We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our tariffs. So your data, minutes and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
Using your phone in Europe
This means you are able to make calls and send texts back home or within our Europe Zone, like you’d normally do in the UK.
- What about data?
When you use data in our Europe Zone it will come out of your allowance, just like it would at home.
If you go over your total data allowance in our Europe Zone, you can add a Bolt On - the options and cost are the same as if you were in the UK. If you add a Bolt On and don’t use all the data before heading back to the UK, you’ll still be able to use it when you get home. And if you add a Bolt On in the UK, you’ll also be able to use it in our Europe Zone.
If you use your phone in a country outside of our Europe Zone, our normal roaming charges will apply.
- What’s included at no extra charge?
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), to any other country in our Europe Zone (including the UK).
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Using your monthly data allowance whilst in our Europe Zone.
- What's not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK, to countries outside of the UK.
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers, directory service numbers and some non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time). Find out more
- Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK.
- What destinations are included in our Europe Zone?
Destinations Austria Azores Belgium Bulgaria Canary Islands Croatia Cyprus* Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France French Guiana Germany Gibraltar Greece Guadeloupe Guernsey Hungary Iceland Ireland Isle of Man Italy Jersey Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Madeira Malta Martinique Mayotte Monaco Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Reunion Romania Saint Barthelemy Saint Martin San Marino Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland United Kingdom Vatican City
* Not including Northern Cyprus
- What other restrictions are there?
You can only use our services for periodic travel (like holidays or short breaks) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK). Otherwise we may charge you or have to suspend you from using our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK). If this has happened to you and you think it might be a mistake,call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone.
Use of our services in our Europe Zone is subject to our fair usage policy.
- What about Pay As You Go customers?
Our roaming charges have changed for Pay As You Go customers too. Read about the details here.
Thank you for sending your feedback.
Topics from O2 Community
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.