Help and support
Big Bundles | Help & Support | O2
Big Bundles and UK & International Bundles
Our Big Bundle tariffs come with unlimited texts and minutes and start from £5 a month. £10+ Bundles include data and data rollover too.
£20 and £30 Big Bundles include discounted International rates. Check these rates here.
Remember to top up each month - we'll then exchange the credit for your chosen Big Bundle or UK & International Bundle.
£5 Big Bundle
- Unlimited minutes and texts. No data included.
£10 Big Bundle
- Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £10 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 6GB a month, subject to bundle caps.
£15 Big Bundle
- Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 15GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £15 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 15GB a month, subject to bundle caps.
£30 Big Bundle
- Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 100GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £30 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 100GB a month, subject to bundle caps. Includes discounted international calls from the UK starting at 1p/min.
Out of Bundle charges
Once you have used your allowances or if you do not renew your bundle each month, you'll pay our Big Bundles standard rates:
- Calls cost 35p a minute
- Texts cost 15p each (excluding picture or premium messages)
- 100MB of data costs £2 a day
- International and roaming rates apply
Joining Big Bundles
If you're new to O2, you'll need to visit an O2 store or order online to get a free Big Bundle.
If you're already on Pay As You Go, text the following free to 21300:
- BIGBUNDLE5 for the £5 tariff
- 10DATABB for the £10 tariff
- 15DATABB for the £15 tariff
- 30DATABB for the £30 tariff
Or you can call 2202 free from your mobile, or go to My O2.
Your renewal date
When we deduct the first month's payment for your Big Bundle, you'll get your inclusive monthly allowance, which will be valid up until midnight the day before your renewal date - one calendar month later.
On your renewal date, we'll attempt to deduct payment from your balance, and if successful, you will get your new inclusive monthly allowances. If you don't have enough balance, then you will not get a new set of allowances and our standard rates will apply. You will need to top up the right amount so that we can deduct payment and give you another month's allowance. When this happens your allowance will be valid up until midnight of the day before your new renewal date - one calendar month later.
Paying and topping up
Payment for your Big Bundle comes out of your credit each month. The easiest way to add credit is to use auto top-ups, but you can also:
- Visit My O2
- Call 4444 from your mobile
- Use an E-Top Up card
- Buy a voucher anywhere you see the green top-up logo
To check your remaining allowances:
- Call 4444 free, then choose option 2 and 2 again
- Text BALANCE free to 20202
- Visit My O2
A £10 minimum top up is required for all Bundles, including on the £5 Big Bundles. When you've topped up, we'll automatically swap your credit for your Big Bundle, which will last for one month.
Any out of bundle charges incurred will be deducted from your credit so that means you'll need to top up £10 to activate your £5 Big Bundle again if you have used any of your credit before your Big Bundle renewal date.
If you do not incur any out of bundle charges, you will still have £5 available credit and your £5 Big Bundle will automatically renew in the following month.
Changing tariffs & adding Bolt Ons
You can switch between Big Bundles and our other tariffs once a month by:
- Texting your new tariff code free to 21300
- Calling 2202 free from your mobile
- Visiting My O2
If you are part way through your current tariff month, your request to switch to a new tariff will take effect on your next renewal date.
You can add Bolt Ons whenever you like by visiting My O2 and clicking My tariff and Bolt Ons.
Data rollover on Big Bundles
Data rollover lets you roll over data you haven’t used in a month, onto the next month’s Big Bundle.
- Data rollover is available on our Big Bundle (excluding £5) tariffs. There’s a bundle cap on how much data you can roll over in total:
- If you’re on a £10 (6GB) Big Bundle you’ll have a 12GB bundle cap.
- If you’re on a £15 (15GB) Big Bundle you’ll have a 30GB bundle cap.
- If you’re on a £30 (100GB) Big Bundle you’ll have a 200GB bundle cap.
- If you don’t renew your Big Bundle on the same day your previous bundle expires, your data won’t roll over.
- Data can roll over month to month, as long as you renew your Big Bundle.
- If you change your Big Bundletariff (for example, if you move from £15 to £30) then your data rollover will expire and be reset in line with your new tariff.
- Once you hit your limit for data rollover, you’ll stay at the maximum limit each month until all the data is used.
For more information on our Big Bundles, you can access the tariff terms and conditions here.