Unlike other wifi hotspots, O2 Wifi is free to use and available to users on all networks. You do, however, have to be over 18 to register and accept our terms and conditions.
You can use O2 Wifi to browse the web, make phone and video calls over the internet and watch online videos. All of these services work better over wifi than a standard 3G or 4G network or web dongle.
Signing up to O2 Wifi
It’s easy to sign up to O2 Wifi. All you have to do is find an O2 Wifi hotspot and follow these instructions:
For mobile devices
- Make sure your device's wifi is switched on. This can usually be found in the connection settings, or in the system settings on your device
- Look at the list of available networks in your wifi settings. You should see O2 Wifi on the list – click on that
- Open your web browser, which should now display the O2 Wifi homepage
- Follow the instructions onscreen until you reach the Welcome screen. Type in your mobile number and you're good to go
- Check that your wifi is switched on – most computers have a manual switch or button
- Open the list of available networks, and select O2 Wifi from the list
- Open your web browser
- When you're on the O2 Wifi page, follow the onscreen instructions and navigate to the Welcome screen. You'll need your mobile number to complete the registration
Once you've completed these steps, you won't need to do it again. You'll be automatically signed in as soon as you select O2 Wifi from your list of available networks.
Thank you for sending your feedback.