All you need is your mobile
Charge to Mobile is the easy way to buy digital content. So when you're downloading a new app, ebook or movie, you don't have to spend ages finding your credit or debit card and typing your details in. All you need is your mobile.
So how are you charged? Well, if you're on Pay Monthly, the cost just goes on your monthly bill. And if you're on Pay As You Go, it comes out of your mobile credit. We only work with sellers we trust. We spot-check services to make sure they meet industry standards.
Where can I use Charge to Mobile?
Got a question?
- How do I set up Charge to Mobile?
- Choose what you want to buy on Google Play and go to buy.
- Go to the ‘Payment Methods’ window. It should appear automatically. If not, go back to the window with the ‘Buy’ button and open the dropdown menu by tapping the arrow next to the price.
- Choose ‘Use O2 Billing’, follow the steps and then enter your details and save as your payment method.
- Go to the App Store.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap ‘View Apple ID’ and sign in.
- Go to ‘Payment Information’.
- Select ‘Mobile Phone’.
- Tap ‘Use This Mobile Number’.
- Is Charge to Mobile safe?
Yes. We only work with sellers we trust. And we check services to make sure they meet industry standards.
We only share your mobile number with our partners to we can process your payment. And they only share it with approved sellers if they get your permission. Or if they need to send things you've bought straight to your phone. We won’t share any other details with our partners.
If something goes wrong, we'll be there. We'll always make sure you get your money back if you're a victim of fraud.
- Is there a limit to how much I can spend on Charge to Mobile?
You should only buy what you can afford to pay for.
If you're on Pay As You Go, you can spend up to the limit of your credit. If you're on Pay Monthly, anything you buy will be added to your monthly bill. The amount you can spend depends on how long you've been a customer, how much you normally spend and if you pay your bill on time.
Some sellers set their own spending limits too.
- Are there any safeguards to stop me getting an unexpectedly high bill from Charge to Mobile?
Yes. Every time you buy something, we'll send you a free text receipt to confirm it. You can keep track of your spending by checking recent charges on My O2 or texting the word 'balance' to 21202. Everything you've bought will show up within 48 hours on 'Things you've bought' on your online mobile bill, so don't forget to regularly check that too.
In extreme cases, like if your phone's been stolen or you're spending much more than normal, we'll switch off Charge to Mobile until we're sure that everything is okay.
- I pay the bill for someone else. Can they use Charge to Mobile?
Yes. If you pay someone else's bill, you might not see the text receipts we send when they buy something with Charge to Mobile. But you can still check what they're spending on your online mobile bill. Anything they've bought will show up there within 48 hours.
If your child is using Charge to Mobile on their own phone, make sure they know what they're getting and what it costs: go to o2.co.uk/help/nspcc/unexpected-charges.
And if you don't want your child or the person you pay the bill for to use Charge for Mobile at all, get in touch and we'll switch it off.