Access For You
If you find it difficult to access any of our services due to a disability or personal situation you may find it helpful to register for our Access For You service. Once registered, we can ensure that we tailor our services to you each time you contact us. This means you only have to tell us about your requirements once.
There are a number of adjustments we can make to support you depending on your personal circumstances. For example, if you tell us that you struggle to hear people on the phone we can discuss alternative contact methods with you, make a note of your preference, and this information will then be used to make sure that any future contact is via your preferred method wherever possible.
In order to protect your personal information you must give consent to be registered for the Access For You service. If you do not consent, you will not be able to register for Access For You and you will need to tell us about your requirements each time you contact us.
If you think you would benefit from the Access For You service, please ask customer services or a member of staff in an O2 store to register you for the service. Our services include:
Managing your account
We can provide your contract, mobile phone bill and more in Braille, large print or audio free of charge. If you'd like this service, just let us know.
If you have a trusted carer or family member who has agreed to help you manage your account and phone bills, let us know. We can make sure they are sent your bills, can pay a bill for you and are set up to act on your behalf. It's free and simple to set up.
SignVideo interpreting service
If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can get in touch with a customer service advisor at O2 by using the SignVideo service.
SignVideo lets you sign to an interpreter via your webcam, and the interpreter speaks to our adviser. It's free and available Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00, except bank holidays.
Here's how to use it:
- Check your PC or Mac is compatible: you'll need a webcam, a broadband connection and one of these browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 (or above), Chrome (PC only) or Safari.
- Smartphones: alternatively, for any smartphone users, O2 customers can download the SignVideo app from either the Google Play Store for Android, or Apple's iTunes App Store for iPhone.
- Click here to visit the SignVideo site.
- If this is your first time using the service you'll be asked to download a plug-in. This makes sure your calls are secure and that the video quality is good. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you are calling O2. You'll be connected to an advisor in BSL who will deal with your O2 query.
- O2 are not responsible for the content and service supplied by SignVideo.
- If you need any technical help or guidance using SignVideo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Generation Text Service (NGTS)
If you're deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can use the NGTS to make calls. A trained BT relay assistant will read out your message to the person you’re calling, then type out their reply for you to read. You can use NGTS through a textphone or the NGT Lite app. Get the app for:
- Computers: NGTS website
- Android smartphones and tablets: Google Play Store
- iPhones and iPads: App Store
Add the NGTS Bolt On to your account and you'll get a 10% discount on international and premium rate calls. Standard UK calls through the 18001 service are charged at standard UK rates and will come out of any minutes on your tariff. If you're on a tariff with limited minutes, you'll get an extra allowance of 100 minutes for 18001 calls to UK landline and mobile numbers, then a 50% discount on calls after you've used up your allowance. Any discounts will be applied to the call charges on your bill.
If you've used NGTS with us since 1 August 2016, we'll add the Bolt On to your account automatically, so you don't have to do a thing. And if you haven't used the service since then, you can add the NGTS Bolt On to your account through My O2.
Calls through the NGT Lite app use both a voice call and an internet connection. So if you're not connected to wifi, it'll use some of your data allowance.
With NGTS, you can get a dedicated mobile number for incoming calls. It's called a Textnumber, and it means that anyone who calls you doesn't have to dial the 18002 prefix. Calls to Textnumbers are charged at standard UK rates and will come out of any minutes' allowance the caller has left on their tariff.
Find out more about how to use NGTS.
Once you're registered, you can use NGTS to call emergency services for free. Just dial 18000 instead of 999. Or you can contact emergency services by text, by just sending a message to 999. You'll have to register with emergency SMS service first.
If you're an O2 Business customer, we'll add the NGTS Bolt On to your account once you make a call through NGTS. This could take up to a week.
If you're unable to read or hold a telephone directory due to illness or disability, you can apply for free directory assistance and information by calling BT Directory Assistance on 195. Once you've registered and got your PIN, you'll be able to register with us.
Getting in touch
If you want to get more information or set up any of the services above, then just contact us. You can get extra help if you have specific accessibility needs:
- Over the phone: If you are a Pay Monthly customer, please call 0344 8471426. If you are a Pay As You Go customer, please call 0345 6004302
- Online: Use Live Chat to have an online conversation with a customer service advisor - you can also get a copy of the conversation if you need it - just ask the advisor for it
- Write to us at: Telefónica UK Limited, Correspondence Team, PO BOX 694, Winchester, SO23 5AP
Or you can visit us at an O2 store. In O2 stores you can:
- Use a hearing loop
- Ask for somewhere to sit down
- Ask us to read information out for you, or write explanations down
- Get help filling in forms
- Ask for help setting up your phone
- Phone ahead to book time with one of our in-store Gurus
We can help you find a phone to suit your needs and get it set up for you. It'll come with a 14 Day Change of Mind period. So if it's not quite right, bring it back and we'll help you find the right one.
O2 Call Alert
O2 Call Alert is a simple, easy-to-use alternative to Voicemail 901. It provides missed call information for up to four callers, at no extra cost, by sending you a text message update. So, if you're on another call or your mobile's switched off, if you're out of coverage or you just don't answer in time, O2 Call Alert will tell you the caller's number and the last time they called.
But it's not just you who benefits from the service. Callers also hear a message telling them that their number is being sent to you via text message, to let you know they called. (Although, if anyone decides to withhold their number, you won't be sent the missed call text and they'll be told to call again later.)
You can turn on O2 Call Alert any time by calling 1710 free from your mobile phone. And you call exactly the same number to switch it off.
If you've got O2 Call Alert it's free to receive the text update, whether you're in the UK or abroad.
If you're calling someone with O2 Call Alert you'll be charged your standard tariff rate unless you withhold your number, then it's free.