Access For You
If you find it difficult to access any of our services due to a disability or personal situation you may find it helpful to register for our Access For You service. Once registered, we can ensure that we tailor our services to you each time you contact us. This means you only have to tell us about your requirements once.
If you are having problems paying your bill, please get in touch with the Payment Management team, who can discuss your options with you.
There are a number of adjustments we can make to support you depending on your personal circumstances. For example, if you tell us that you struggle to hear people on the phone we can discuss alternative contact methods with you, make a note of your preference, and this information will then be used to make sure that any future contact is via your preferred method wherever possible.
In order to protect your personal information you must give consent to be registered for the Access For You service. If you do not consent, you will not be able to register for Access For You and you will need to tell us about your requirements each time you contact us.
If you think you’d benefit from the Access For You service, you can let us know by filling out the registration form. Alternatively, you can ask customer services or a member of staff in an O2 store to register you for the service. Want to find out more? Take a look at our Accessibility Policy.
Please note only the account holder can register for the Access For You service. If you are not the account holder, and the account holder is unable to contact us due to an emergency situation please call 0344 463 2669 for advice.
Our services include:
- Managing your account
We can provide your contract, mobile phone bill and more in Braille, large print or audio free of charge. If you'd like this service, just let us know.
If you have a trusted carer or family member who has agreed to help you manage your account and phone bills, let us know. We can make sure they are sent your bills, can pay a bill for you and are set up to act on your behalf. It's free and simple to set up.
- SignVideo interpreting service
If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can get in touch with us at O2 by using the SignVideo service.
SignVideo lets you sign to an interpreter via your webcam, and the interpreter speaks to our adviser. It's free and available Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00, except bank holidays.
Here's how to use it:
- Check your PC or Mac is compatible: you'll need a webcam, a broadband connection and one of these browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 (or above), Chrome (PC only) or Safari.
- Smartphones: alternatively, for any smartphone users, O2 customers can download the SignVideo app from either the Google Play Store for Android, or Apple's iTunes App Store for iPhone.
- Go to the SignVideo website.
- If this is your first time using the service you'll be asked to download a plug-in. This makes sure your calls are secure and that the video quality is good. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you want to speak to someone at O2. You'll be connected to an advisor in BSL who will deal with your O2 query.
- O2 are not responsible for the content and service supplied by SignVideo.
- If you need any technical help or guidance using SignVideo, email email@example.com.
- Relay UK
If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can use Relay UK to make calls. A trained BT relay assistant will read out your message to the person you’re calling, and/or type out their reply for you to read. You can use Relay UK through the Relay UK app or through a textphone. If using the app, you can connect to calls by selecting one of three options: Type & Read, Speak & Read or Type & Hear.
You can download the app on Apple or Android devices:
Visit Relay UK for more information about how to use the service.
If you want to use Relay UK, you can add the Relay UK bolt on to your account in My O2, or you can get in touch and we'll add it for you. Once it’s added, when you make calls through Relay UK you’ll get:
- a 10% discount on international and premium rate calls
- 100 extra minutes (if you’re on a tariff with limited minutes). If you use them all up, you’ll then get a 50% discount on calls to UK landlines and mobiles.
- Directory enquiries
If you're unable to read or hold a telephone directory due to illness or disability, you can apply for free directory assistance and information by calling BT Directory Assistance on 195.
- O2 Call Alert
O2 Call Alert is a simple, easy-to-use alternative to Voicemail 901. It provides missed call information for up to four callers, at no extra cost, by sending you a text message update. So, if you're on another call or your mobile's switched off, if you're out of coverage or you just don't answer in time, O2 Call Alert will tell you the caller's number and the last time they called.
But it's not just you who benefits from the service. Callers also hear a message telling them that their number is being sent to you via text message, to let you know they called. (Although, if anyone decides to withhold their number, you won't be sent the missed call text and they'll be told to call again later.)
You can turn on O2 Call Alert any time by calling 1710 free from your mobile phone. And you call exactly the same number to switch it off.
If you've got O2 Call Alert it's free to receive the text update, whether you're in the UK or abroad.
If you're calling someone with O2 Call Alert you'll be charged your standard tariff rate unless you withhold your number, then it's free.
Getting in touch
If you want to get more information or set up any of the services above, then just get in touch with us. You can get extra help if you have specific accessibility needs:
- Give us a call:
- If you are a Pay Monthly customer, please call 0344 8090 202
- If you are a Pay As You Go customer, please call 0344 8090 222
- If you are registered for Access For You call 0344 4632 669 (available Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 6pm.)
- Online: Use Live Chat to have an online conversation - you can also get a copy of the conversation if you need it.
- Write to us at: Telefónica UK Limited, Correspondence Team, PO BOX 694, Winchester, SO23 5AP.
Or you can visit us at an O2 store. In O2 stores you can:
- Use a hearing loop
- Ask for somewhere to sit down
- Ask us to read information out for you, or write explanations down
- Get help filling in forms
- Ask for help setting up your phone
- Phone ahead to book time with one of our in-store Gurus
We can help you find a phone to suit your needs and get it set up for you. It'll come with a 14 Day Change of Mind period. So if it's not quite right, bring it back and we'll help you find the right one.