5G O2 Refresh custom plan Tariff Transfer Terms and Conditions
To 23rd March 2020
- These terms apply in addition to your standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement which can be viewed at http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement and our Pay Monthly Tariff Terms and Conditions which can be viewed at http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms. If there is any inconsistency between the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and these terms, or between our Pay Monthly Tariff Terms and these terms, then these terms will prevail.
- In order to access 5G services you will need a 5G ready device, 5G tariff, 5G sim card and you may need to enable 5G within the settings on your device and do a software update if it does not have the software required to access 5G services. You're responsible for ensuring you have inserted and activated your 5G sim, enabled 5G on your device and installed a 5G software update on your device (if required). You must follow any instructions we send you about accessing our 5G network. Visit o2.co.uk/5G/setup.
- Some Pay Monthly airtime tariffs have additional terms or are eligible for selected promotions or benefits. IF YOU CHANGE TARIFFS FOR ANY REASON YOU MAY LOSE ASSOCIATED PROMOTIONAL BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS. Please check our website or speak to an O2 advisor in store or by calling O2 customer services for current terms before you change because once you’ve changed tariffs you may not be able to move back or regain those benefits.
Transferring from an existing O2 non-5G tariff to a 5G tariff
- If you are currently on an O2 Refresh custom plan non-5G tariff, you can transfer to a 5G tariff in order to access our 5G services.
- You can only transfer from a non-5G to a 5G O2 Refresh custom plan tariff once in each monthly billing period, starting from your first bill date. Changes will only be effective from your next billing date and unless we tell you otherwise, the new 5G tariff will start at the start of your next billing cycle.
- This transfer may not be available on a like for like basis. Non-5G O2 Refresh custom plan tariffs will not be available with 5G access and 5G O2 Refresh custom plan tariffs may have different tariff allowances (for minutes, texts and data) and may be a different price to your current non-5G tariff.
- If you transfer to a 5G O2 Refresh custom plan tariff in accordance with these terms and conditions, your minimum contract term will not be extended and will last for the same length as it was intended to under the original contract from which you transferred to a 5G tariff.
- In order to transfer your non-5G to a 5G O2 Refresh custom plan tariff, you need to go to an O2 shop or call O2 customer services sign up for a qualifying 5G tariff.
- If you have a 5G device with a non-5G sim and are transferring from a non-5G tariff to a 5G tariff, you will need to active your new 5G sim by inserting the 5G sim into the 5G device. You will then need to complete the sim swap process. To swap your sim, once you have inserted your 5G sim, text SWAP to 20220. Or, follow the steps below once you have inserted your 5G sim:
- Visit the swap my sim page and enter your mobile number in the box provided.
- We’ll then send you a six digit code by text.
- Enter your six digit code in the box provided.
- Locate the serial number for your new sim. You’ll find it on the back of the sim card. It’s the long number beginning with 8944.
- Enter your serial number in the box provided.
We’ll let you know your sim swap has been successful. Sim swaps can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once you lose signal with your original sim, turn your device off. Put in your new sim and turn your device back on. If you need to, turn your device off and on until you get signal. For more information on sim swaps, visit o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim.
- O2 reserves the right to change or withdraw this transfer offer at any time.
- You should check our coverage checker at o2.co.uk/coveragechecker before signing up to our 5G services. This is an indication and prediction of outdoor coverage, but coverage may vary depending on time and location. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. The coverage checker is a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. Check for live network updates in affected areas at status.o2.co.uk.
- Once you have access to our 5G services, you will be able to access mobile internet data over our 5G network whenever you are in a 5G coverage area. When in our other mobile data network areas (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/4G/HSPA areas) you will still be able to access non-5G data over these networks as usual.
- Your data allowance (where applicable) will be used for all our different types of mobile data (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/4G/5G/HSPA areas) and will not differentiate between the types of mobile data you are using. The data allowance will not rollover from one month to another.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time. Any updates to these terms and conditions will be explained at the top of this page.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which both you and we submit to.