How Virgin Media and O2’s partnership will change things
Help and support
How Virgin Media and O2’s partnership will change things | Help with Volt from Virgin Media and O2 | O2
Virgin Media and O2 have come together to bring you more choices and better value.
- Does this mean my O2 contract will change?
If you're not eligible or don’t activate Volt benefits, your contract with O2 won't change. You'll see these benefits reflected in your contract if you're eligible and decide to activate Volt benefits.
- Are you changing your company name, or will both still exist?
For now, both Virgin Media and O2 will continue to exist separately and together.
- Will the partnership with Virgin Media impact the customer service I get from O2?
No, we’ll still bring you the same level of customer service you expect from O2. If you want to discuss Virgin Media products like TV or broadband, you'll need to speak to Virgin Media's customer service team.
- Will O2 be sharing my personal data with Virgin Media, and will that mean they can now contact me?
We'll need to share some information, particularly when you're a customer of both, to try and make things work efficiently for you. If you have any queries about your Volt benefits for example, we'll send them over to our Virgin Media colleagues who will be in touch to help resolve your query.
For more information see our Data Hub FAQs. Other than Volt queries, Virgin Media won't be contacting you for marketing, for example, unless you've given them your permission to do so.
- Will the joint venture change how O2 Pay As You Go works?
No, there will be no immediate changes to our Pay As You Go service. For now, your rates and the way you manage your account will stay the same.
- Can I see my Virgin Media information in the My O2 app?
- I'm on Virgin Mobile. Will I automatically switch to O2?
No, your Virgin Mobile contract won't automatically switch to O2. Suppose you're a Virgin Media broadband customer and want to access supercharged benefits. In that case, you'll need to switch your current mobile contract to O2 or live in a household where at least one eligible O2 Pay Monthly tariff is registered. Find out more about switching to O2.