If you’re nearing the end of your minimum contract term, look out for a message from us with your options for what comes next. If you’d like to change your tariff, this is the time to easily spot the best one for you.
Want to know more? Check out our FAQs below.
- What is the notification about?
Just before you get to the end of your contract’s minimum term, we’ll contact you to let you know key information, like what options you have based on your usage of data, minutes and texts.
- How long will these tariff options be valid for?
The tariff options will be valid until the end of your current minimum contract term.
- How do I view these tariff options?
You can click through to the options from the text or email we send you. You can always call us or pop into a shop to chat about them, too.
- I’m opted out of marketing preferences. Why are you sending this to me?
We’re obliged to send you this notification, which includes tariff options, by Ofcom. To read more about the regulation please click here.
- What if I don’t want any of the tariff options?
That’s fine. The notification will let you know what you’ll pay after your minimum contract term ends if you decide not to take any of the options.
- Will my Bolt Ons/services get carried over if I take one of the tariff options?
This will depend on the option you take.
- Bolt Ons and services will stop when you change tariff unless they are included in your new tariff option.
- If you have a Bolt On/service that we no longer offer, this will be highlighted in your notification.
- If it is something you pay a monthly subscription for, then you’ll need to select this again as part of your new deal, if available.
- What is Auto-Save?
Auto-Save is an O2 initiative that ensures that customers never pay for a phone they already own:
- If you’re on an O2 Refresh or custom plan contract, at the end of your CCA you only continue paying for your airtime
- At the end of any standard contract taken out directly with us, we automatically move customers onto a 30-day rolling tariff
- Can I pass these options on to someone else?
Your options may be specific to you. We’re happy to help others find the right options for them but we may not be able to match the same ones you received.
- I’ve decided I want to take one of the tariff options but I’m now past my minimum contract term. Can I still take the deal?
We’ll do our best to get you the option that you want, but as it has expired we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to get you the exact same one.
- I like one of the options but want a different device. Can I still take the option?
All options have a specific device as part of it. If you’d like a different device you can go online, call us or pop into a shop and we’ll be happy to chat about your options. Find out the best ways to get in touch here.
- What is the difference between tariff options and End-of-Contract Notifications?
There is no difference, tariff options are the same as Ofcom’s End-of-Contract Notification regulation.
- Why have I received a message from O2 about extras?
When you take out selected O2 Refresh phone, tablet and sim only contracts, you'll get to handpick an extra on us for up to 6 months. To find out more visit https://www.o2.co.uk/extras.
Thank you for sending your feedback.