Tariff options FAQs
As a valued O2 customer we’ll always make sure you’re on the best tariff. We’ll be in touch before the end of your minimum contract term, or annually, if you’re out of your minimum airtime term, to let you know about your existing tariff, and your available options.
Want to know more? Check out our FAQs below.
- What is the notification about?
Just before you get to the end of your contract’s minimum term, or if you’re out of contract on your airtime, we’ll get in touch to let you know your best options. These are based on your current data, minutes and texts allowances and also your usage.
- How long will these tariff options be valid for?
The tariff options will be valid until the end of your current minimum contract term, or for 30 days from the date of your annual notification.
If however, you want to discuss any options after the notification has expired, please go online, visit a store or give us a call.
- How do I view these tariff options?
You can click through to the options from the text or email we send you. You can always call us or pop into a shop to chat about them, too.
- I’ve opted out of marketing preferences, why are you sending this to me?
We’re obliged to send you this notification, which includes tariff options, by our regulator, Ofcom. Find out more about the regulation, end-of-contract notifications and annual best tariff information.
- What if I don’t want any of the tariff options?
That’s fine, you don’t have to do anything. Your contract will continue as described in your notification.
- Will my Bolt Ons/services get carried over if I take one of the tariff options?
This will depend on the option you take.
- Bolt Ons and services may stop when you change tariff unless they are included in your new tariff option.
- If you have a Bolt On/service that we no longer offer, this will be highlighted in your notification.
- If it is something you pay a monthly subscription for, then you’ll need to select this again as part of your new deal, if available.
- What is Auto-Save?
Auto-Save is an O2 initiative that ensures that customers never pay for a phone they already own:
- If you’re on an O2 Refresh or custom plan contract, once you’ve paid off your Device Plan, you’ll only need to pay for your airtime
- At the end of any standard contract taken out directly with us, we automatically move customers onto a 30-day rolling tariff
- Can I pass these options on to someone else?
Your options may be specific to you. We’re happy to help others find the right options for them but we may not be able to match the same ones you received.
- My notification has expired, can I still take an option?
We’ll do our best to get you the option that you want, but as it has expired we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to get you the exact same one.
- I like one of the options but want a different device. Can I still take the option?
All device options have a specific device included. If you’d like a different device you can go online, call us or pop into a shop and we’ll be happy to chat about your options. Find out the best ways to get in touch here.
Thank you for sending your feedback.