Direct Debits | Migration FAQs | Help & Support | O2
Help and support
- Why have I received a communication from you about my Direct Debit?
We’re making a small change to our banking and the way we collect Direct Debit payments. We’re now combining Direct Debits that are paid on the same date and taking payments under a different reference number, but it will still be O2. Making things simpler for you and for us.
- Why are you changing the way you collect Direct Debit payments?
We’ve changed some of our banking details, so you’ll see a new Service User Number (SUN) and a new Direct Debit Reference Number. Don’t worry, this won’t affect how much you pay each month (terms apply), it’s just to let you know that we’ve changed some of our banking details and we need to send you a new reference number.
- Will my payment date change?
No, don’t worry, your Direct Debit payment date will stay the same.
- Will anything else change?
No, your regular payments and the service you receive from us will carry on as normal.
- What do I need to do?
You don’t need to do a thing. We’ve told your bank/building society about the change, so they may get in touch with you.
- What will I see?
You’ll see that a new Direct Debit has been set up with a new reference:
Service User Number: 188911
Direct Debit Reference Number: [DD Reference] CF2
You may notice your bank/building society statement has a comment about a ‘final payment’ under our original bank details, and a ‘first payment’ under our bank new details.
- Who can I contact for further info?
You can call us on 202 (free from your O2 mobile) or contact your bank/building society. You’ll need to quote O2 and have your account number/DD reference handy.
- What are the details of the Direct Debit Guarantee?
You’ll be glad to know that you can continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee (see below):
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Telefonica UK Ltd will notify you ten working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Telefonica UK Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Telefonica UK Ltd or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Telefonica UK Ltd asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.