Spacetalk Adventurer Kids Smartwatch FAQs
Help and support
Spacetalk Adventurer Kids Watch | Help & Support | O2
- How do I charge the Adventurer?
The charging cradle included in the box, magnetically attaches to the rear of Adventurer. Plug one end of the USB-C cable also included, into the charging dock and the other end into a USB power source.
- How do I turn Spacetalk Adventurer on or off?
There’s a power button on the bottom cover next to the charging contacts to turn it on or off.
- How do I insert the sim card into Spacetalk Adventurer?
There’s a sim card slot on the bottom of the watch, next to the charging contacts and the power button. Use the sim tool included in the box to remove the sim tray. Then insert the sim card into the tray and pop it back into your device.
- How do I setup the Spacetalk Adventurer for the first time?
Before you setup Adventurer for your child, you’ll need to download the Spacetalk app to your smartphone. To do this, open the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search for Spacetalk. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and you’ll be able to pair the watch.
- How do I pair Adventurer to a Spacetalk account?
Select ‘Tap to pair’ on Adventurer then tap start. A QR code should appear on your watch. On the Spacetalk app on your phone, select ‘Start Pairing’ from the app menu and tap the Spacetalk Adventurer icon. Set up your child’s profile, then tap ‘Continue’. Scan the QR on the Adventurer using your phone’s camera and then confirm the pairing on Adventurer. Tap ‘Get started’ on Adventurer to finish the setup on the Spacetalk app.
- How do I check the mobile network signal strength?
On Adventurer swipe from top to bottom on the touch screen to view the network signal strength. You’ll also be able to see the battery level, settings, volume and brightness control.
- How can I check if the data connection is active?
The data connection is really important for normal operation of Adventurer. To check if there’s an active data connection, swipe from top to bottom to find the control centre. Tap ‘Settings’, then information. Under Network State it should say connected if there’s an active data connection.
- My Spacetalk Adventurer is asking for a password, what is it?
Some features on Adventurer are password protected so that your child can’t change them themselves. The pre-set password is the last four digits of the Adventurer IMEI number. You can find this on the box or by swiping from top to the bottom of the screen. Just tap ‘Settings’, then tap ‘Information’ and scroll down to IMEI.
Using your Spacetalk Adventurer
- How do you wake the screen on Spacetalk Adventurer?
It’s quick and easy, just double tap anywhere on the screen.
- How do I answer a call?
When you receive an incoming call, Adventurer's screen will illuminate and the caller’s details will be displayed. You’ll see a green 'answer' button or red 'reject' button.
- How do I make a call?
Outgoing calls are limited to the list of contacts you set up using the Spacetalk app. From the clock screen on Adventurer, swipe right to left until you reach the Call app. Tap on ‘Call’ to select from a list of contacts that your child’s permitted to call.
- Why is an incoming call rejected by Adventurer?
Adventurer can be restricted to receive incoming calls and SMS/MMS messages only from people listed in its contact list. In the Spacetalk app tap the three bars in the top left corner. Tap on the device, then tap 'Phone Contacts'. You’ll see an option to block calls from unknown numbers. This is set by default, but you can choose to disable this feature to allow all incoming calls and messages.
- How do I send an SMS message?
From the clock screen on Adventurer, swipe right to left until you reach the Message app. Tap on the message icon, then tap on the message thread you want to reply to. To start a new message thread, tap on the pencil symbol in the top right corner.
- How do I tell when Adventurer's battery is low?
You can check the battery level in different ways. On Adventurer swipe from top to bottom on the touch screen to see the battery level. From the Spacetalk app, the battery level will be displayed next to the device name on the map screen. Spacetalk will also send notifications to the Spacetalk app when the battery level reaches 15% or below.
- How can I maximise the battery life?
Short location update intervals (e.g. 5 minutes) are not recommended for daily use, because they consume the battery faster. For the best battery performance, we suggest using Adventurer's Location on Demand feature, combined with a longer update interval or interval updates turned off.
Keeping Adventurer software up to date will also make sure you can benefit from the latest battery optimisations.
If you’re using a pre-paid sim card, it’s also recommended to check that your sim card has a credit balance on it, as Adventurer’s battery life can be impacted by data connectivity issues.
- How do I share my Adventurer with other trusted people?
You can share access to your Adventurer with multiple trusted people, following these steps:
Primary Account Holder
- In your Spacetalk app, tap on the device you want to share to view the pop up menu. Then tap 'Settings’.
- Tap ‘Device Sharing’ then tap the purple ‘Share Device’ button.
- If the person you want to share Spacetalk Kids with is already listed as a contact tap 'Select Contact'. Or tap 'Enter Email' and enter the email address of the person you want to share Spacetalk Adventurer with.
Secondary Account Holder
- Use the link in the invitation to download the Spacetalk app.
- Open the app and create a new Spacetalk account. (you need to use the same email address the invitation’s been sent to).
- Once you’ve created a Spacetalk account and are logged in, tap the three bars in the top left corner. The invitation should appear under 'My Devices'.
- Tap on the invitation and you’ll be able to ‘Accept’ or ‘Deny’ it. Once accepted you’ll have shared access to that Spacetalk.
- How do I stop sharing my Adventurer?
In the Spacetalk app, tap on the device to view the pop up menu. Tap on 'Settings' then 'Device Sharing'. You can remove shared access to a particular Spacetalk Adventurer watch from this menu.
- What is School Mode?
You can choose classroom periods that make Adventurer distraction free. In School Mode, Adventurer is effectively a watch and other functions will be disabled. You have complete control and can select to enable or disable features. For example, you may choose to enable the step counter feature, while disabling the ability to make and receive calls. There’s no risk of classroom distractions because Adventurer is silent in School Mode.
- What are Safe Zones?
Safe Zones are geo areas that are setup in the Spacetalk app. When your child arrives and leaves these pre-programmed zones, an optional notification will be sent to the Spacetalk app.
- How do I setup Safe Zones?
To set up a new safe zone in your Spacetalk app, tap on the device on the map screen to view the pop up menu. Select 'Safe Zones' from the list and tap the purple '+ Safe Zone' button. Then enter the address of the chosen location. For Safe Zones to work you must also enable automatic location updates.
- How do I add a contact to the Emergency calling list?
In the Spacetalk app, tap the three bars in the top left corner. Tap the device and under the 'Watch Contact' section select a previously added contact. Mark this contact as an emergency contact.
- How do I change the watch face?
You can change the watch face remotely from the Spacetalk app. A digital and analogue watch face can be selected and a custom wallpaper image too.
- How do I activate Flight Mode?
You can activate flight mode on Adventurer from the clock screen. Swipe from top to bottom until you see the control centre. Tap 'Settings' then toggle the 'Flight Mode' switch to on.
- What do I do if I have a problem with my device?
If you have any questions about your device or something’s gone wrong, you can contact our Customer Service for free by dialling 202 from an O2 Pay Monthly phone, or you can call 0344 809 0202 from a landline (charged at standard UK rates).
You can also call Spacetalk with any questions on 020 8017 5868 for help and support with your device.
Using the Spacetalk app
- How do I download the app to my smartphone?
The Spacetalk app is available for download from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store. Other platforms are currently not supported. Search for Spacetalk in either store.
- How do I add contacts to Adventurer?
Contacts are added in the Spacetalk app. Just tap the three bars in the top left corner. Tap on the device, then tap 'Phone Contacts' and the plus symbol. A contact can be selected from your list of contacts on your smartphone or by adding a new contact. They can also be flagged as emergency contacts for use when the Adventurer's SOS function is activated. There’s no limit on the number of contacts you can add.
- What’s the difference between Phone Contacts & Chat Contacts?
Phone Contacts are the people you allow your child to call or receive calls from, and also send and receive SMS or MMS messages. These Phone Contacts don’t need to have the Spacetalk app installed on their smartphone to call or send SMS/MMS messages.
Chat Contacts are restricted to people who have the Spacetalk app installed or other Spacetalk devices. You can also share your group or huddle with other people who use the Spacetalk app or Spacetalk devices. To do this, use the sharing code in the My Account section of the Spacetalk app.
- What is Chat?
With Adventurer and the Spacetalk app, you can now create a chat group to send messages to friends and family who also use the Spacetalk app and devices. You can create one-to-one private chats, or chat groups.
- How many devices can I register on a Spacetalk account?
The maximum number of devices that can be registered against a Spacetalk account is five Spacetalk Kids devices and five Spacetalk Life devices. The number of enabled devices is limited by the type of subscription on the account.
Your Airtime Plan
- How much data does my tariff come with?
If you bought your Spacetalk Adventurer from us on custom plans, your tariff will have 1GB data.
- What happens if the 1GB data is used within the billing month?
The Adventurer uses very small amounts of data, so 1GB should be enough to last a month. But if the 1GB does get used, the data speeds will be slowed down until your next billing date or until you buy a Data Bolt On in My O2. The slower data speed will still be fast enough to allow the watch to function and its location to be checked.
- How many minutes and texts does my tariff come with?
If you bought your Spacetalk Adventurer from us on custom plans, your tariff will have unlimited minutes and unlimited text messages.
- Can Spacetalk Adventurer work whilst abroad?
Yes, it will. But you should be aware of any charges that may apply.
To turn on data roaming, swipe from top to bottom on the watch screen, tap on ‘Settings’. Then tap ‘Roaming Data’. It’ll ask for a password- the password is the last four digits of the IMEI number which you can find on the box or by swiping from the top to the bottom of the screen. Select Settings, then tap ‘Information’ and scroll down to IMEI. Once you’ve entered the password, data roaming can be enabled.
- How much does it cost to use Spacetalk Adventurer whilst abroad?
If you bought your watch from us on custom plans, your tariff will cover roaming in our Europe Zone. So your data, minutes and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
Find out more about our Europe Zone.
If you use Spacetalk Adventurer in a country outside of our Europe Zone, our normal roaming charges will apply.
- If I bought my Spacetalk Adventurer somewhere else, can I use an O2 sim in it?
Yes, you can use an O2 sim on a tariff that has minutes, texts and data.
- Can I get a Family Plan, O2 Student discount or O2 Open discount on my Spacetalk Adventurer custom plan contract?
Yes, Spacetalk Adventurer on custom plan is eligible for Family Plan, O2 Student discount and O2 Open discount.
- If my child is using the device, how will I receive O2 communications that would normally be sent by SMS?
The tariff that’s sold with the Spacetalk Adventurer on custom plan, has been setup to send notifications by email, as well as SMS. So, notifications will be delivered to your registered email address. Any SMS notifications that go to your child’s device will be delivered to the Spacetalk app on your smartphone (as long as the O2 SMS number has not been added to the whitelist in the app).