Manage your Pay Monthly account with the O2 Ask app, from adding Bolt Ons to checking how much data you’ve got left. Talk to Aura to get your account and billing questions answered. Make calls or send messages over wifi, 3G or 4G. And if you’ve got a question, just start a webchat with one of our advisors.
With O2 Ask, you can check your account and billing information, all in one place. You’ll see your My Account screen whenever you sign in to the app. And you can find everything you need in the three tabs – Usage, Services and History.
Here you’ll be able to check how much data you’ve got left, as well as your minutes and texts. Running low on your allowances? Just add a Bolt On.
You’ll be able to see any recent charges since your last bill. And if you want to make a payment, you can do that here as well.
This is where you can see your tariff and Device Plan details. Always running out of data, minutes or texts? It’s easy to change your tariff.
If you’re ready for a new phone, you can check your upgrade options and see any special offers tailored to you.
You can also use this section to manage your devices and check details like your IMEI and PUK. And you can stay up to date on what’s happening on our network.
Here you’ll be able to see and compare your previous bills. And you’ll get a detailed breakdown too, so you can check what you’ve used and when you used it.
Aura can answer all those account and billing questions on the tip of your tongue – all you have to do is ask. You can talk to Aura by voice or text. And because Aura’s designed to create a personalised experience, it’ll soon be able to let you know if you’re spending more than usual or if you’re running low on data.
If you can’t get an answer, just tap the ‘?’ icon and you’ll see a list of topics you can get help with. You can also ask Aura to transfer you to one of our advisors so you can get support over webchat. We’re available 7am–11pm, seven days a week, so it’s easier than ever to get help with your O2 account.
You’ll find a feature called Chats within the O2 Ask app. You can use it to:
- make calls to UK numbers
- send and receive texts from UK numbers
- make and receive calls from other O2 Ask users
- send and receive texts, pictures, sound clips and audio sticker messages with other O2 Ask users.
You’ll need to be connected to wifi or 4G to use Chats. Just bear in mind that it’ll use your data allowance if you’re not on wifi.
Contacting O2 Ask users
On the Chats page, you’ll see a contacts list of who you can get in touch with using O2 Ask. If you can see an O2 logo next to someone’s name, it means they’re using the app too – so you can call and text them for free, as long as you’re on wifi. Remember that you’ll both need to be connected to the internet to chat over the app.
Contacting other numbers
If you can’t see an O2 logo next to a contact’s name, it means they don’t have the app. As long as it’s a UK number, you’ll be able to make calls or send texts. And it’ll either come out of your allowance or be charged at our standard rates.
Bear in mind that you won’t be able to make international calls using O2 Ask. And you won’t be able to receive calls from someone if they’re not using the app.
- Who can use O2 Ask?
You’ll be able to use O2 Ask if you’re on a Pay Monthly contract with us, with one mobile number. If you’ve got more than one number, or you’re on Pay As You Go or a mobile broadband contract, try the My O2 app. And if you’re on a Business contract, go to My O2 Business.
- How do I sign up?
O2 Ask is free to download from the App Store or Google Play Store. Just follow these steps to set it up:
- Download the app. You’ll need to use a device with either Android version 4.1 or later, or iOS 10 or later.
- If you sign up while you’re connected to our 4G network, we’ll recognise your number automatically. If you’re trying to set up a different number or you’re connected to wifi, tap ‘use another account’. We’ll then text you a six digit code to enter.
- Type in your My O2 login details and press continue.
- Set up a four digit pin. You can set up fingerprint recognition too, if you like.
- And that’s all there is to it. You’ll now be able to see your My Account page.
- How do I change my settings?
Simple – just go to the settings section. You’ll be able to:
- view and change your personal details, such as your billing address
- view and change your security details, such as your security question
- check your contact preferences and let us know how we should get in touch with you
- change your O2 Ask login details
- join in with the O2 Community to see what’s new, talk to other customers and get help.
- Contacting an advisor
Need help with your account? Just start a webchat with an O2 advisor. You can do this by tapping the O2 logo in your contacts list.
Thank you for sending your feedback.
Topics from O2 Community
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.