Thinking about buying a product on a Device Plan? Great, you can find answers to any questions you might have before adding to your basket below.
- Do I have to be an existing O2 customer if I want to buy a product on a Device Plan?
No, you don’t have to be an existing O2 customer to buy a product on a Device Plan. If you’re a new customer, you can join us (subject to status, credit check, and our terms).
- What products can I spread the cost on with a Device Plan?
You can spread the cost on some of your favourites. Including headphones, Bluetooth speakers and even games consoles like the Nintendo Switch. We’re always updating the range. See what’s available now.
- What is a Device Plan?
A Device Plan is a loan agreement which allows you to spread the cost of a product over a certain timeframe.
- Why can’t I see the option of spreading the cost on the product I want?
There’ll be different lengths depending on the product, so check the page of the product you’re after.
- Can I buy more than one item?
Yes, but you’ll need to enter in to one Device Plan for each product. So if you buy two items you need to enter in to two Device Plans. This means two individual orders through our website.
- Why do I need to purchase items separately?
We’re currently only able to process one Device Plan per order. We’re working on improving this for the future.
- Can I add insurance?
No. We don’t offer insurance as an option when you spread the cost of a product with a Device Plan at the moment.
- Do I have to pay interest when spreading the cost of a product?
No, you won’t pay interest because we currently offer 0% APR when you spread the cost with a Device Plan.
- Am I credit checked when ordering a product on a Device Plan?
Yes. Because the Device Plan is a loan agreement, we’ll need to run a credit check. It’s also subject to status and our terms.
- Why can I only take out a Device Plan for the product I want online?
This is the only option for taking out a Device Plan for products without airtime (e.g. headphones or speakers). But we’re working on more ways for you to do this, so watch this space.
- I want to buy a product on a Device Plan – can I click and collect?
No. If you want to collect in store you won’t be able to buy a product on a Device Plan – you’ll need to pay in full. All products bought on a Device Plan must be home delivery.
- How do I contact O2 to discuss my Device Plan?
If you're already on O2, you can dial 202 from your O2 mobile. Or call us on 0344 809 0202 from other mobiles or a landline (standard rates apply).
- If I have a query about my Device Plan, what details do I need to provide to an advisor for support?
You just need your agreement number, or your name and your address. You can find your agreement number on the documents we send you. Remember you can always view your statement, outstanding balances and make payments in My O2 using the app or online.
- Can I sign up for My O2 if I am not an existing customer?
Yes, you can sign up for My O2 by downloading the app or online. All you need is your email address you shared when taking out your Device Plan.
- How do I view the outstanding balance of my Device Plan?
You can view the outstanding balance of your Device Plan in My O2.
- Can I make an ad-hoc payment towards my Device Plan?
Yes, you can make an ad-hoc payment towards your outstanding balance at any time, just contact customer service.
- If I make an ad-hoc payment towards my Device Plan, what happens to my monthly payment?
You can choose to lower your monthly payment for the remainder of your Device Plan, or reduce the length of your Device Plan so it’s paid off sooner.
- Can I transfer the ownership of my Device Plan to someone else?
Unfortunately, this isn’t possible.
- Is the product I bought on a Device Plan eligible for O2 Recycle?
It depends on what product you have. You can check if it’s eligible through O2 Recycle.
- Will I receive a bill for my Device Plan each month?
- Will I be able to upgrade my product at any time?
No, you won’t be able to upgrade your product – you’ll need to complete the remainder of your Device Plan. But you can take out a separate Device Plan on another product. You can see what’s available now.
- Will my product be covered under warranty for the duration of my agreement?
Your product will be covered under the manufacturer warranty period, which varies per manufacturer and product. You can find more details in the documents included in your product box or on the manufacturer’s website.
- Do I need to make an upfront payment when spreading the cost? How much will this be?
Yes, you’ll need to make an upfront payment on any product available on a Device Plan. You’ll see the options when you click on the product. Check out available products.
- Is there a limit to how many Device Plans I can take out?
You can have up to six Device Plans on your account at any one time.
- Can I get O2 Open or student discount on products that I purchase with a Device Plan?
No, we’re not able to offer O2 Open or student discount on these Device Plans at the moment.
- How do I get help to set up my new product?
You can get help on the set up of your product direct from the manufacturer – please visit their website for details.
Thank you for sending your feedback.