O2 Family Plan - Terms & Conditions (‘Offer Terms’) previously known as "Additional Line"
If you signed up to Additional Line before 15 June, you can find the terms and conditions here
Notice: The name of this Offer, its Contents and eligibility criteria have changed in accordance with paragraph 10 of these Offer Terms. This amendment is effective from 27 July 2017 for the terms that were in effect prior to this change, please see /termsandconditions/archive/promotions.
Get a discount off monthly airtime tariffs for additional Refresh contracts with eligible tariffs on O2 (the ‘Offer’).
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the Offer.
- Eligibility: The Offer is only available to O2 account holders with a new or existing Pay Monthly contract (“First Connection”) who take out one or more additional eligible contract/s (up to a maximum of 20) through any direct O2 channel together with an eligible tariff (“Qualifying Connection/s”) during the Offer Period
- A Qualifying Connections is a consumer mobile or mobile broadband Refresh contract with a standard, non-promotional tariff or such other tariff/s that O2 shall identify as eligible in promotional material. (“Qualifying Refresh Tariff/s”) Certain tariffs may only be eligible for this Offer at certain times, so please check marketing material to ensure eligibility before you buy:
- 2.1 Business, Sharer Plan, Sim Only and Pay As You Go customers are not eligible.
- 2.2 The Qualifying Connection/s must be registered to the same address and account holder as the First Connection.
- 2.3 Customers whose applications or orders for the Qualifying Connection/s are not successful or whose orders are not accepted within the Offer Period are not eligible and cannot participate.
- Offer Period: This Offer will be available from the effective date until it is withdrawn in accordance with Clause 10 of these Offer Terms.
- How to participate: Eligible customers who participate in the Offer (“Participants”) can redeem the Offer within 28 days of taking a Qualifying Connection by texting the keyword ‘LOYALTY’ to the short code 21500. Application texts must be received within the Offer Period. Participants will receive a text or series of texts requesting information to which Participants must respond fully and accurately.
- The Offer Discount will be applied 3 working days after all requested information has been supplied and verified.
- The Offer Discount will be reflected on the Participant's next monthly bill/s for each respective Qualifying Connection/s from the point of verification.
- The Offer Discount will not apply retrospectively.
- Offer Contents: The Offer provides for a progressive discount, increasing for additional Qualifying Connections between 1 and 4 (the “Offer Discount”), as follows:
- The first Qualifying Connection will get 20% off the respective airtime tariff;
- The second Qualifying Connection will get 30% off the respective airtime tariff;
- The third Qualifying Connection will get 40% off the respective airtime tariff;
- The fourth and subsequent Qualifying Connections will get 50% off the respective airtime tariff. The total number of Qualifying Connections cannot exceed 20.
- The level of Offer Discount available will be determined by the number of additional connections, including connections that do not qualify for the Offer Discount, registered to the same address and account holder as the First Connection. For example,
- Customer A has First Connection and purchases their first additional connection. It is on a tariff that qualifies for this Offer and would therefore attract a 20% Offer Discount;
- Customer A then purchases a second additional connection, but it is on a promotional tariff so it doesn’t qualify for an Offer Discount;
- Customer A goes on to purchase a third additional connection. It is on a tariff that qualified for this Offer and attracts a 40% Offer Discount.
- Offer Discounts are valid for 24 months unless there is a Disqualifying Event (as defined below).
- Offer Discounts will be applied against the airtime element of Qualifying Connection/s only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Offer Discount does not apply to the Device Plan element of Qualifying Refresh Tariffs, nor to any additional airtime charges incurred over and above the standard monthly airtime plan price.
- Participants who buy their First Connection and Qualifying Connection in the same transaction, the connection with the lowest airtime tariff/s will be deemed to be the Qualifying Connection/s
- Only one Offer Discount per Qualifying Connection, up to a maximum of 20 Qualifying Connections. The Offer is subject to availability and while stocks last.
- Disqualifying Events: A Participant will cease to qualify for this Offer if:
- S/he does not comply with the terms of his Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement/s or Device Plan Terms and Conditions (if applicable),
- S/he terminates either his First Connection or Qualifying Connection/s or has any of linked O2 Pay Monthly contracts terminated, for any reason;
- S/he disconnects his First Connection or Qualifying Connections and reconnects (for whatever reason) at a later date;
- S/he moves the First Connection to a promotional tariff that is incompatible with this Offer. If the First Connection is still valid but Additional Connections move to a tariff that is incompatible with this Offer then those Additional Connections will not be able to redeem the Offer Discount;
- he is no longer an Eligible Customer as defined in these Offer Terms;
- we have reason to believe that the Offer has been obtained either:
- by mistake or
- by providing incorrect information on the Offer application or
- by fraud. Where the Offer has been obtained fraudulently O2 may reclaim the value of any benefits obtained by the O2 account holder or perpetrator of such fraud.
- Non-transferable: The Offer can only be redeemed against the Participant's valid Qualifying Connection/s and cannot be used to pay for or off-set any other fees, charges or costs nor any other O2 account balances. The Offer cannot be transferred. There are no cash alternatives.
- Returns and refunds: Our Returns and Repairs policy applies and is hereby incorporated into these terms.
- Exclusions: This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and Participants must retain their receipts as proof of purchase.
- Amending or withdrawing the Offer: O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Offer at any time on reasonable notice. Amendments will notified to customers by posting on the website o2.co.uk.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The Offer Terms are governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX.
Publication date: 15 June 2017