Go Explore Competition - Terms and Conditions
Opening Date: 27 July 2020
Closing Date: 23 August 2020
How to Enter: Upload one photographed image via:
- the offer featured in Priority;
- Instagram, by posting a photo and tagging @O2UK and using #O2Priority; and/or
- Twitter, by tweeting a photo and tagging @O2 and using #O2Priority.
No other method of entry will be valid. By uploading an image, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Eligibility Criteria: O2 customers only. One entry per Priority account, Instagram account and/or Twitter account. UK residents only. 16+. Image submitted is your own image and does not infringe any third party intellectual party rights.
Voting Dates: 26th August – 27th August 2020
Prize: One winner only. Winner receives the following:
- OPPO Find X2 handset; and
- one to one video call with Bertie Gregory: wildlife filmmaker and host of National Geographic’s “Wild Life”.
1. The Competition is open to all O2 customers resident in the UK, excluding employees of O2 or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Competition. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Personal entries only; entries from business accounts will not be eligible.
2. The Competition runs from the Opening Date to the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid or accepted.
3. Entry can be made via Priority account, Instagram account and/or Twitter account. One image per entry. Any attempted multiple images per entry will not be valid or accepted.
4. You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid or accepted. O2 reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions, and O2 may require such information that it considers reasonably necessary to verify the eligibility of an entry before awarding the Prize.
5. O2 accepts no responsibility for lost or deleted entries, entries incorrectly completed and/or entries incorrectly submitted (including, without limitation, due to a technical fault of any kind).
6. Any images you submit must be your own picture in which you own all intellectual property rights of any kind. Any images you submit must not infringe any third party intellectual property rights or any other third party rights of any kind. If any of the images you submit contain a picture of an individual, you must have the consent of such individual to submit the image and make them aware of how O2 uses such image in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. O2 does not claim to own the image submitted as part of your entry into the Competition and you will continue to own all rights in the image. You will retain the right to use the image in any way you choose. By submitting, uploading or making available the images to O2, you agree to grant O2 a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public and to exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the image worldwide and/or to incorporate the image in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full terms of any rights that may exist in the image, as O2 may require. By submitting, uploading or making available the image to O2, you agree to waive all moral rights in the image.
8. Any instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of the Competition. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
9. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries as follows:
a. a shortlist of approximately 500 entries (the “Shortlist”) will be created by The Marketing Store, acting as a handling house engaged by O2, in accordance with a process and criteria that is pre-agreed by the Independent Judge; and
b. the winner will be selected from the Shortlist by a panel of three O2 and The Marketing Store staff members, one National Geographic Explorer and one judge that is not engaged with the Competition in any way (the “Independent Judge”).
10. The winner will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- Adherence to the ‘Go Explore’ theme – how well does the photograph express the theme?
- Overall impression/impact – does the photograph draw you in, inspire you, have the ‘wow’ factor?
- Quality of submission – does the photograph show technical skill, is it well composed, focused, lit, does it have a clear centre of interest?
- Creativity – does the photograph show the subject matter in an original and imaginative way?
11. The Competition will have one winner and the winner shall receive the Prize.
12. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. O2 reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equal or higher value should the Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond O2’s control.
13. The winner may be required to participate in publicity connected with the Competition and it is a condition of entry that the winner agrees to their name and county of residence being made publicly available if they win.
14. The prize must be accepted by the winner within 48 hours of notification of such win by O2. The prize must be redeemed by the winner within 3 months of notification of such win by O2. Any aspect of the prize that relies on the time of a third party must be arranged at a time mutually suitable for the winner and such third party. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of the winner to take up the Prize.
15. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which the winner may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize (including in relation to any event cancellation, personal injury or death), except where it is caused by the negligence of O2. This does not affect your statutory rights.
16. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the Competition, including the allocation of more than one Prize, O2 reserves the right to: (i) end or suspend the Competition; (ii) amend these terms and conditions; (iii) declare void the notification of the winner; and/or (iv) to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple chance prize draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
17. The name of the winner may be obtained within one month of the Voting Date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Legal Marketing Team, General Counsel’s Office, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
18. The name of the Independent Judge will be made available upon request by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Legal Marketing Team, General Counsel’s Office, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
19. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions.
21. O2’s decision regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the Competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, you will be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
23. The Competition is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering this Competition, you are providing information to O2 and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and you release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability associated with this Competition.
24. The Competition is governed by English Law and participants in the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. The promoter of the Competition is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).