The Extra Texts Bolt On: Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Extra Texts Bolt On (the “Bolt On”) (the “Terms”) and prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, and are effective from 23rd November 2017.
Please read the following Terms carefully and keep a copy for your information.
- In exchange for a one-off fee (the value of which will be stated at the point of purchase) you will be given a single block bundle of fifty (50) texts which can be used for texts to standard UK mobiles and when roaming in our Europe Zone (“Extra Texts”), subject to O2’s Fair Usage policy and any restrictions and exclusions set out below at paragraphs 10 to 12. Extra Texts cannot be purchased in smaller or larger bundles or on a pro-rated basis.
- The Bolt On lasts from the date of purchase for the remainder of the monthly billing period in which you purchased it.
- Once all Extra Texts have been used you will be charged for any additional texts at the standard out-of-bundle text rates for your chosen tariff.
- Subject to paragraph 5, below, the Bolt On is available to you if you are an O2 Pay Monthly customer on an Airtime Plan or tariff that includes a specified number of texts (“Eligible Customers”). Airtime Plans or tariffs that include “unlimited texts” or are data or call only tariffs are not eligible for the Bolt On.
- If you’re an O2 Customer who is in arrears or, in our reasonable belief, in breach of these terms or the terms of your Pay Monthly Services Agreement or Device Plan, you are not eligible for Extra Texts.
How to get Extra Texts
- If you’re an Eligible Customer, you can only purchase the Bolt On directly from O2, through customer service advisors or using My O2. No other sales channels are included.
- If you select the Bolt On you can make an immediate payment using a credit or debit card if available or the cost will be added to your O2 bill.
- Once selected, Extra Texts will be available for you to use straight away, which means that if you bought your Extra Texts over the phone or on My O2, your Change of Mind period expires if you use any Extra Texts, and you’ll have to pay for Bolt On. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Extra Texts may take up to 2 hours to appear on your My O2 account.
Restrictions and exclusions
- Extra Texts expire at the end of the monthly billing cycle in which you purchased them. Any unused Extra Texts will not be rolled over from one monthly billing period to the next, and are non-refundable.
- The following message types are excluded from Extra Texts: multiple recipient SMS, picture messages, texts to premium rate or non-geographic short codes, and any other text types or number ranges that would not otherwise be included in your usual tariff allowance.
- Texts must be for your private and personal use in accordance with your Pay Monthly Services Agreement and Pay Monthly Tariff Terms. If we reasonably believe that you have breached these terms or those, we reserve the right to impose further charges and / or disconnect your sim card in accordance with your Pay Monthly Services Agreement.
Other important terms
- These terms and conditions together with your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement, Tariff Terms and / or Device Plan govern your use of the Bolt On.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of this Bolt On without notice including but not limited to the substitution of a suitable alternative. Changes will be effective immediately. If we withdraw the service whilst you have a Bolt On that is unexpired, then your Bolt On will continue until it has expired, but you will not be able to purchase a new Bolt On. O2 does not guarantee that the Bolt On will always be made available and reserves the right to end the Bolt On at any time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law, and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX