The Extra Minutes Bolt On: Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Extra Minutes Bolt On (the “Bolt On”) (the “Terms”) and prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, and are effective from 23rd November 2017.
Please read the following Terms carefully and keep a copy for your information.
- In exchange for a one-off fee (the value of which will be stated at the point of purchase) you will be given a single block bundle of fifty (50) voice minutes which can be used for calls to standard UK landlines and mobile numbers and when roaming in our Europe Zone (“Extra Minutes”), subject to O2’s Fair Usage policy and any restrictions and exclusions set out below at paragraphs 10 to 12. Extra Minutes cannot be purchased in smaller or larger bundles or on a pro-rated basis.
- The Bolt On lasts from the date of purchase for the remainder of the monthly billing period in which you purchased it.
- Once all Extra Minutes have been used you will be charged for any additional minutes at the standard out-of-bundle call rates for your chosen tariff.
- Subject to paragraph 5, below, the Bolt On is available to you if you are an O2 Pay Monthly customer on an Airtime Plan or tariff that includes a specified number of minutes (“Eligible Customers”). Airtime Plans or tariffs that include “unlimited calls” or are data or text only tariffs are not eligible for the Bolt On.
- If you’re an O2 Customer who is in arrears or, in our reasonable belief, in breach of these terms or the terms of your Pay Monthly Services Agreement or Device Plan, you are not eligible for the Bolt On.
How to get Extra Minutes
- If you’re an Eligible Customer, you can only purchase the Bolt On directly from O2, through customer service advisors or using My O2. No other sales channels are included.
- If you select the Bolt On you can make an immediate payment using a credit or debit card, if available to you or the cost will be added to your O2 bill.
- Once selected, Extra Minutes will be available for you to use straight away, which means that if you bought your Bolt On over the phone or on My O2, your Change of Mind period expires if you use any Extra Minutes, and you’ll have to pay for the Bolt On. This does not affect your statutory rights
- Extra Minutes may take up to 2 hours to appear on your My O2 account.
Restrictions and exclusions
- Extra Minutes expire at the end of the monthly billing cycle in which you purchased them. Any unused Extra Minutes will not be rolled over from one monthly billing period to the next, and are non-refundable.
- The following call types and number ranges are excluded from Extra Minutes: texts, picture messages, calls made to and from destinations outside our Europe Zone, calls to premium rate or non-geographic numbers, calls to business switchboards, conference calls, calls to numbers for onward routing or revenue sharing purposes, calls using or to satellite phones, mobile traffic calls, machine to machine calls or calls to any other special numbers and any other call types or number ranges that would not otherwise be included in your usual tariff allowance.
- Calls must be for your private and personal use in accordance with your Pay Monthly Services Agreement and Pay Monthly Tariff Terms. If we reasonably believe that you have breached these terms or those, we reserve the right to impose further charges and / or disconnect your sim card in accordance with your Pay Monthly Services Agreement.
Other important terms
- These terms and conditions together with your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement, Tariff Terms and / or Device Plan govern your use of the Bolt On.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of this Bolt On without notice including but not limited to the substitution of a suitable alternative. Changes will be effective immediately. If we withdraw the service whilst you have a Bolt On that is unexpired, then your Bolt On will continue until it has expired, but you will not be able to purchase a new Bolt On. O2 does not guarantee that the Bolt On will always be made available and reserves the right to end the Bolt On at any time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law, and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX