O2 Mobile Broadband Pay As You Go Consumer Tariff Terms
(If you are on a O2 Pay As You Go Data tariff (17 June 2022 onwards)
- Connection to these O2 Mobile Broadband Pay As You Go Consumer Tariff Terms is subject to status and agreeing to the terms of the Pay As You Go O2 Airtime Contract ("Pay As You Go Service Terms") available here. These terms apply in addition to your standard Pay As You Go Service Terms.
- O2 Mobile Broadband allowance includes (unless expressly stated otherwise)
a. a specified amount of data via use of O2's Edge/GPRS/3G/HSPA/4G networks;
b. data usage for personal internet use via the device for which your sim card has been provided to you and is intended to be used in; and
c. for use in the UK only.
- All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your sim:
i. to access O2 Services on any other device than the one intended by us for use with; or
ii. in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
- A compatible device and compatible software will be required to access O2 Mobile Broadband. Access to O2 Mobile Broadband is subject to network coverage.
- Connection speeds are subject to various factors including network coverage and signal strength and therefore we cannot guarantee that your connection will reach any specific speeds. To check your coverage, visit www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices shown include VAT. Prices are correct at time of publication but are subject to change. Please check o2.co.uk for details.
- Subject to clause 12 of the Pay As You Go Service Terms, O2 reserves the right to change or vary these terms and/or the O2 Mobile Broadband service and network from time to time. Please refer to the Pay As You Go Service Terms for more details on our rights to vary and (if applicable) your rights to cancel.
- Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband customers may be excluded from loyalty and reward programmes including but not limited to O2 Rewards.
- Some O2 products and services require registration and / or verification by text message. Devices that cannot send or receive text messages may not be able to register or use Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband service. Please check device specifications for more information.
- You are required to register your details, including a valid and current email address and any other information O2 reasonably requests to maintain your account and provide you with notice. You must ensure that this information is valid, up-to-date and accurate.
- There is a maximum of 250GB of access allowed on any one sim card at any time. You will not be able to top up to a value of more than 250GB at any time.
- If your next top-up or recurring payment would take your data allowance over the 250GB limit then the top-up will take your data allowance up to the maximum of 250GB and you will not receive any further data although you will still be charged for it. For the avoidance of doubt the maximum data allowance you can have is 250GB irrespective of your top-up or recurring payment.
- There is a spend limit that is imposed at both a daily and monthly level. You will not be able to purchase more data if you reach this limit. We will notify you if you reach the limit.
- Access can only be purchased using your credit/debit card. Payment can be made using Visa, Visa Debit and MasterCard. This clause supersedes any contradictory term in the Pay As You Go Service Terms.
- The ability to purchase data with a non-UK registered card may be withdrawn at O2’s discretion.
- When you purchase a data plan we reserve 20MB data from your allowance to keep you connected to the internet (or 50MB for iPad users) - so you will always see 20 or 50MB data less in your allowance - this will happen until you only have 20 or 50MB left when it will be released for you to use.
- Some tariffs, allowances or promotions and offers will only be available for your minimum term or a limited time. Please see the relevant offer or promotional terms.
- O2 Mobile Broadband Pay As You Go Consumer Tariff Terms apply to all O2 Mobile Broadband Pay As You Go packages.
O2 Surfer Plans (Light and Ultimate)
- Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband one-off packages have expiry periods which range from 1 day to 1 year. You will be told at the time of purchase how long your data will last.
- Your O2 Mobile Broadband access will expire: after your data allowance is used up within your expiration date, or on your expiration date, whichever is sooner. Any unused data allowance will not roll over.
- You can add another top-up even if you still have data remaining on your existing top-up. Your additional top-up will be queued until the data on your existing top-up has been used up or it expires, whichever is sooner. Your queued top-up will then become the active top-up and will expire after the data allowance is used up, or when the time period expires
- You cannot have more than one top-up queuing at any one time.
- Once you have purchased a top-up it is non-refundable even if it is still queuing.
O2 Surfer Plans - Steady Surfer - recurring payment
- Payment for your Steady Surfer plan is made in advance and will automatically be debited from your chosen payment card every month (30 days for iPads on Pay&Go).
- You may cancel your payment at any point up to midday on the day before the next payment is due. If you cancel your payment during the 30 day / monthly cycle or after midday on the day before your next payment is due then you will be able to continue using the service until your data expires, but we will not refund any payment that you have made.
- Mobile Broadband access on your Steady Surfer plan will expire: after your data allowance is used up within your expiration date, or on your expiration date, whichever is sooner. Any data allowance will not rollover into the next billing period.
- It is possible to purchase additional specific amounts of data access (Bolt Ons), to supplement the data available on your Steady Surfer plan although you are not able to have more than 250GB of data on your sim card at any time.
- You can only add one Bolt On at a time.
- If you add a Bolt On whilst you still have an active data allowance, it will be queued until your existing data allowance has been used up.
- Your Bolt On will expire at the end of its current billing period and even if it is unused it will not rollover into the next billing period.
- Once you have purchased a Bolt On it is non-refundable even if it expires before you use it.
- You can move up or down the Steady Surfer packages at any point during the month. Your new tariff will start at the start of your next billing period.
- If you move tariff you may not be able to change back to your previous tariff, including any promotional tariffs.
- You must have a valid UK mobile number in order to sign up for a Steady Surfer plan.