Additional Terms and Conditions for 5G Services
1. By using the 5G services you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and in the event we notify you of a change to these terms you confirm that you're happy to accept and abide by these updated Term and Conditions.
2. Access to our 5G services is only available on selected 5G tariffs, ask in store, call the O2 call centre or check on our website for more details.
3. The 5G tariff allows you to access our 5G services in the UK. Roaming is not currently available with our 5G services. We reserve the right to implement 5G speed caps in future. Any details will be listed on our website.
4. Our 5G services may be affected by the number of people using the 5G service, maintenance and upgrades, faults from other networks, the weather, other environmental factors or degradation.
5. You should check our coverage checker at www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker before signing up to our 5G services. This is an indication and prediction of outdoor coverage, but coverage may vary depending on time and location. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. The coverage checker is a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. Check for live network updates in affected areas at http://status.o2.co.uk/.
6. In order to access 5G services you will need a 5G ready device, 5G tariff, 5G sim card and you may need to enable 5G within the settings on your device and do a software update if it does not have the software required to access 5G services. You're responsible for ensuring you have inserted and activated your 5G sim, enabled 5G on your device and installed a 5G software update on your device (if required). You must follow any instructions we send you about accessing our 5G network. Visit www.o2.co.uk/5G.
7. If you have a 5G device with a 4G sim and are transferring from a 4G tariff to a 5G tariff, you will need to active your new 5G sim by inserting the 5G sim into the 5G device. You will then need to complete the sim swap process. To swap your sim, once you have inserted your 5G sim, text SWAP to 20220. Or, follow the steps below once you have inserted your 5G sim:
• Visit the swap my sim page and enter your mobile number in the box provided.
• We’ll then send you a six digit code by text.
• Enter your six digit code in the box provided.
• Locate the serial number for your new sim. You’ll find it on the back of the sim card. It’s the long number beginning with 8944.
• Enter your serial number in the box provided. We’ll let you know your sim swap has been successful. Sim swaps can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once you lose signal with your original sim, turn your device off. Put in your new sim and turn your device back on. If you need to, turn your device off and on until you get signal. For more information on sim swaps, visit o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim.
8. Once you have access to our 5G services, you will be able to access mobile internet data over our 5G network whenever you are in a 5G coverage area. When in our other mobile data network areas (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/4G/HSPA areas) you will still be able to access non-5G data over these networks as usual.
9. Your data allowance (where applicable) will be used for all our different types of mobile data (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/4G/5G/HSPA areas) and will not differentiate between the types of mobile data you are using. The data allowance will not rollover from one month to another.