Rest Of World Pass Terms and Conditions
1. Rest Of World Pass is available to O2 Business customers only. It enables Business customers to benefit from flat rate data pricing whilst roaming in any of the ROW Zones where O2 has data coverage, as well as flat rate pricing for calls to UK and in country in ROW Zone 1, as well as texts worldwide.
2. The Rest Of World Pass is automatically included in your tariff, where you haven’t selected a Spend Cap, and can be opted into if you select a Spend Cap. There are 2 Pass options available: the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass. If you don’t wish to be on either of these Passes, then you can contact our customer service on 0800 977 733 to move to the standard roaming rates. Details of these rates are available to view at: https://www.o2.co.uk/business/solutions/mobile/travelling-abroad/rest-of-world-24-hour-pass
3. Rest Of World Pass is only available on eligible tariffs. To find out if you're on an eligible tariff please call O2 customer service on 0800 977 7337.
4. Rest Of World Pass is available in 3 ROW Zones. The countries in each ROW Zone can be found at: https://www.o2.co.uk/business/solutions/mobile/travelling-abroad/rest-of-world-24-hour-pass
5. The ROW Zones are different from the zones for roaming voice calls. The countries in each ROW Zone may be subject to change from time to time. Details of any changes will be published at: https://www.o2.co.uk/business/solutions/mobile/travelling-abroad/rest-of-world-24-hour-pass
6. The terms of your airtime agreement and the associated charges will continue to apply when using Rest Of World Pass. Rest Of World Pass only applies to data usage whilst roaming in ROW Zone 1, 2 and 3 while your standard contracted rates for voice services and text messages will apply in ROW Zone 1 above your Rest Of World allowance and in Zone 2 and 3
7. We may vary or amend these terms from time to time, but if it's to your significant disadvantage we'll notify you.
8. We may remove or discontinue Rest Of World Pass at any time upon giving you a prior written notice.
9. We reserve the right to terminate your use of Rest Of World Pass if in our reasonable opinion, you are using the services contrary to the intended purpose.
10. Rest Of World Pass is not available for machine to machine or private APN use. Rest Of The World Pass is available on Mobile Broadband/Data Only. For more details on Rest Of World Pass visit: https://www.o2.co.uk/business/solutions/mobile/travelling-abroad/rest-of-world-24-hour-pass
11. You can swap between the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass by contacting customer service on 0800 977 7337.
12. If you move between ROW Zones during one data allowance period and your data allowance changes, your data allowance will be adjusted proportionately. For example, if you are on a Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and you use 250MB of your 500MB data allowance in ROW Zone 1, and you then move to ROW Zone 2, you will be allowed 50% of the 50MB data allowance in ROW Zone 2 for that day (so 25MB).
13. With the exception of Data Abroad and BlackBerry roaming, Rest Of World Pass will override any previous data roaming plan (unless stated otherwise in your agreement with us).
14. By signing up to one of the Rest Of World Passes you are confirming that a data Spend Cap will no longer apply, unless you opt into one of the capped Rest Of World Pass as detailed below.
Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass
1. A 24 hour charge of £7.50 will be applied automatically on the days that you use at least 50 Kb of data in one of the ROW Zones, receive a call, make call to the UK or in country or send a text, whilst in ROW Zone 1. The 24 hour charge does not attract VAT.
2. The following data allowances will apply to each 24 hour period (depending on your location):
|Minutes and texts||Data|
|ROW Zone 1||300 mins 300 texts||500MB|
|ROW Zone 2||Not Available||50MB|
|ROW Zone 3||Not Available||5MB|
3. The Rest Of World Pass will trigger a charge of £7.50 from the moment that you have used the first 50kb of data, or if in ROW Zone 1, also if you make or receive a call, or send a text worldwide. The Pass is valid for a period of 24 hours or until your data allowance has been fully used, whichever is the sooner. Any unused data allowance will not carry over to the following 24 hour period. If the user exceeds the data allowance you will trigger a further charge of £7.50 and new 24 hour period unless you have taken a capped variant.
4. There are 2 data caps available on the Rest of the World 24 Hour Pass:
a. the default cap is 1x 24 hour Pass per user per 24 hour period; or
b. an optional cap of 2 x 24 hour Pass per user per 24 hour period.
5. 300 mins of calls can be used to make and receive calls within country and back to the UK. 300 texts can be used worldwide. The 300 minute and 300 text allowances are subject to Fair Usage. There is no upper limit or charge but in the event that customers’ usage is higher than their allowance the customer will be reminded by text that their allowance has been exceeded. If the customers continue to exceed their allowance, O2 shall exercise its discretion to remove the Pass and inform the customer with further usage charged at standard rates. Calls and texts used while roaming outside Zone 1 will be charged at the rates set out in the agreement.
Rest Of World 30 Day Pass
1. You need to expressly opt-in to use the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass.
2. The Rest Of World 30 Day Pass allows you to roam for 30 consecutive days.
3. The Rest Of World Pass will trigger a charge from the moment that you have used the first 50Kb of data, or if in ROW Zone 1, also if you make or, receive a call or send a text wordwide. A charge of £99 will be applied automatically. The 30 Day charge does not attract VAT.
4. The Pass is valid for a period of 30 days or until your data allowance has been fully used, whichever is the sooner. Any unused data/mins/text allowance will not carry over to the following 30 day period. If the user exceeds the data allowance you will trigger a further charge of £99 and new 30 day period. A capped variant is available that limits usage to one £99 charge per bill.
5. The allowance of 3000 mins of calls can be used to make and receive calls within country and back to the UK. 3000 texts can be used worldwide. Once these allowances are consumed, any further usage and in countries where calls are not included, will be at the rates set out in the agreement.
6. Full details of allowances can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/business/solutions/mobile/travelling-abroad/rest-of-world-30-day-pass The following data allowances will apply for each 30 day period (depending on your location):
|Minutes and texts||Data|
|ROW Zone 1||3000 mins and 3000 texts||5GB|
|ROW Zone 2||Not Available||500MB|
|ROW Zone 3||Not Available||50MB|
7. Once you have opted-in to the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass, this will stay as your default roaming option until you notify O2 that you wish to opt-out or move to an alternative roaming option by contacting our customer service on 0800 977 733.
8. A cap may be applied to the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass. Customers may limit usage to one Rest Of World 30 Day Pass per user per billing cycle.
9. Within ROW Zone 3, the following 4 countries (Andorra, Greenland, Lebanon and Sudan) will be able to use email, internet and social media at normal data speeds (150Kbps). All other usage, including but not limited to video streaming, VOIP calling, gaming, will be subject to traffic management procedures. Data speeds for these services will be reduced to 15kbps. Slower speeds may affect user experience.