Rest Of World Pass Terms and Conditions
- Rest Of World Pass is available to O2 Business customers only. It enables Business customers to benefit from flat rate data pricing whilst roaming in any of the 'zones' where O2 has data coverage, as well as flat rate pricing for calls to UK and in country and texts in Zones 2&3.
- The Rest Of World Pass is included in your tariff. There are 2 Pass options available; these are the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass. If you don’t wish to be on either of these Passes, then you can contact us to move to Pay as you Use rates.
- Customers who have purchased one of our business tariffs post November 17th have opted in to the Rest Of World Pass as part of the tariff. If you are one of these customers we will notify you and give you the option to opt out. If you do not opt out, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Your Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass is capped at 1 Pass per 24 Hours.
- Rest Of World Pass is only available on eligible tariffs. To find out if you're on an eligible tariff please call O2 customer service on 0800 977 7337.
- If you choose to opt out of the Rest Of World Pass, you will be charged our standard data roaming rates. Details of these rates are available to view at: /business/products/international-business/going-abroad
- Rest Of World Pass is available in 4 zones. The countries in each zone can be found at: /business/products/international-business/going-abroad
- The zones for Rest Of World Pass are different from the zones for roaming voice calls. The countries in each zone may be subject to change from time to time. Details of any changes will be published at: /business/products/international-business/going-abroad
- The terms of your airtime agreement and the associated charges will continue to apply when using Rest Of World Pass. Rest Of World Pass only applies to data usage whilst roaming overseas. Your standard contracted rates for voice services and text messages will apply.
- We may vary or amend these terms from time to time, but if it's to your significant disadvantage we'll notify you.
- We may remove or discontinue Rest Of World Pass at any time.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of Rest Of World Pass and/ or throttle your data allowance if, in our reasonable opinion, you are using the services contrary to the intended purpose.
- Rest Of World Pass is not available for machine to machine or private APN use.
- If you use Mobile Broadband/Data Only/Pop Up Office services you can use either of the two variants of Rest Of World Pass (24 Hour or 30 Day)
- For more details on Rest Of World Pass visit: /business/products/international-business/going-abroad
- Your first 50Kb of data usage under Rest Of World Pass will be free. After this, your usage will be subject to the rules below depending on which Pass you select. For customers who opt in we will activate you on the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass capped at 1 per 24 hours however if you wish to opt out or move to any of the other Rest Of World Pass options please contact customer service on 0800 977 733.
- You can swap between the Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass by contacting customer service on 0800 977 7337.
- If you move between zones during one data allowance period and your data allowance changes, the same percentage of the data allowance you have used in the first zone will be removed from the data allowance you have in the second zone. For example, if you are on a Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass and you use 250MB of your 500MB data allowance in zone 2, and you then move to zone 3, you will be allowed 50% of the 200MB data allowance in zone 3 for that day (so 100MB).
- With the exception of Data Abroad and or BlackBerry roaming, if you use Rest Of World Pass this will override any previous data roaming plan. We will text you to let you know when you have reached 80%, 95% and 100% of your allowance.
- By signing up to one of the Rest Of World Passes you are confirming that a data spend cap will no longer apply, unless you opt into one of the capped Rest Of World Pass options detailed below.
Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass
- A 24 hour charge of £7.50 will be applied automatically on the days that you use data in one of the zones, receive a call or make call to the UK or In country or send a text, whilst in Zone 2 or 3. The 24 hour charge does not attract VAT.
- The following data allowances will apply to each 24 hour period (depending on your location):
Mins/texts Data Zone 1 Not Available Not Available Zone 2 200 mins/200 texts 500MB Zone 3 200 mins/200 texts 200MB Zone 4 Not Available 50MB Zone 5 Not Available 2MB
- Regardless of the zone you’re in, your 24 hour data charge will apply from the moment that you have used the first 50kb of data for a period of 24 hours from that point or to the point at which your data allowance has been fully used, whichever is the sooner. Any unused data allowance will not carry over to the following 24 hour period. The Rest of World 24 Hour Pass is fully compatible with O2 Travel, which if opted in to can be used in Europe.
- There are 2 data caps available on the Rest of the World 24 Hour Pass:
- The default is a cap of 1x 24 hour Pass per user per 24 hour period; or
- A cap of 2 x 24 hour Pass per user per 24 hour period.
Rest Of World 30 Day Pass
- You need to expressly opt-in to use the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass
- The Rest Of World 30 Day Pass allows you to roam for 30 consecutive days. Regardless of the zone you’re in, the charge will apply from the moment that you have used the first 50kb of data for a period of 30 days from that point or to the point at which your data allowance has been fully used, whichever is the sooner, receive a call or make a call to the UK or in country or send a text Worldwide if in Zone 2 or 3. Any unused data/mins/text allowance will not carry over to the following 30 day period.
- A charge of £99 will be applied automatically once you have used 50kb of data for each 30 day period that you use data in one of the zones or make a call to the UK or in country or send a text Worldwide if in Zone 2 or 3.The 30 Day charge does not attract VAT.
- The following data allowances will apply for each 30 day period (depending on your location):
Mins/texts Data Zone 1 Not Available Not Available Zone 2 2000 mins and 2000 texts 5GB Zone 3 2000 mins and 2000 texts 2GB Zone 4 Not Available 500MB Zone 5 Not Available 50MB
- Once you have opted-in to the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass, this will stay as your default roaming option until you notify O2 that you wish to opt-out or move to an alternative roaming option. The Rest Of World 30 Day Pass is fully compatible with O2 Travel, which if opted in to, can be used in Europe.
- A cap may be applied to the Rest Of World 30 Day Pass. Customers may limit usage to 1 x Rest Of World 30 Day Pass per user per billing cycle.
- Within Zone 5, the following 4 countries (Andorra, Greenland, Lebanon and Sudan) will be able to use email, internet and social media at normal data speeds (150Kbps). All other usage, including but not limited to video streaming, VOIP calling, gaming, will be subject to traffic management procedures. Data speeds for these services will be reduced to 15kbps. Slower speeds may affect user experience.