O2 Mobile Broadband for Business
Tariff Terms from 1 October 2018
1. To order O2 Mobile Broadband for Business ("Mobile Broadband") you must be resident in the UK and aged 18 or above.
2. Connection to Mobile Broadband is subject to status, credit-check and agreeing to the terms of a one month or 24 month minimum term O2 Pay Monthly Airtime Contract. You may provide written notice that you wish to end your O2 Mobile Broadband contract at any time and this will be effective 30 days after we receive your notice.
3. If you cancel your agreement during the minimum term you will be required to pay the outstanding monthly charges for the remainder of your minimum term. If applicable, upgrades are not available until the end of any existing minimum term contract and are subject to signing a new minimum term contract.
4. Unused data cannot be carried forward one month to the next on any tariffs.
Existing customers transferring tariffs will lose any accrued rollover allowance.
Data usage is measured in kilobytes (KB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB).
5. Use of Mobile Broadband is subject to a compatible device. Customers are responsible for ensuring they meet minimum system requirements in order to use the service.
6. You may not switch your Mobile Broadband tariff to another Mobile Broadband tariff during your minimum term unless we agree otherwise. This clause supersedes any contradictory term in your Airtime Contract. Please contact us via customer services if you wish to discuss changing your Mobile Broadband tariff.
7. Your chosen tariff includes a specified monthly data allowance which can be increased by the purchase of Bolt Ons of extra data. If you exceed this monthly allowance (without purchasing extra data) or breach these terms, we reserve the right to:
• impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed on tariffs purchased before 6 November 2014;
• impose out of bundle charges of 2.5p per MB on all tariffs purchased from 6 November 2014;
• remove your ability to use data on your SIM card; and/or
• disconnect your SIM card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
8. Spend Caps
• If you are a new or upgrading customer on or after 1 October 2018 and subscribing to an eligible tariff, you can apply a Spend Cap to your bill to help control your spend on out of bundle charges. Any chargeable usage outside of your monthly allowance or outside of any Bolt On allowance will count towards your Spend Cap. Once you use up your Spend Cap any additional chargeable usage will be barred.
• You can set your Spend Cap at £0, £5, £10, £15, £20, £30, £50, £75, £100 and £200.
• The Spend Cap includes any chargeable usage outside of your monthly allowance data usage when your standard bundle or Bolt On allowance has run out.
• The following Charges do not count towards your Spend Cap:
o recurring charges towards your Airtime Plan, Device Plan, and insurance;
o any Bolt On charges which you opt-in to;
o charge to Mobile such as buying digital contents and apps from your phone;
o any charges relating to the management of your account which includes but is not limited to paper bills, itemised paper bills and late payment fees; and
• For further details relating to Send Caps please see [insert link to FAQ].
9. All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
10. Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your SIM card:
• in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied
• with or intended by us for use with; or
• in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
11.We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
12. We sometimes receive the details of Charges from another network late. Any late Charges which relate to a previous billing month will be highlighted on your bill.
13.Your monthly allowance can be increased by buying additional available data Bolt Ons from us.
14.If you are able to use O2's Connection Manager software on your computer then you can monitor your data usage through Connection Manager by clicking on the 'Tools' icon, followed by 'Help' and then 'Log'. Data usage can be displayed by calendar month that may not match your billing period so it should be used as guidance only. Connection manager isn't available for all computers. If you're running Connection Manager or Watcher then we will send you SMS alerts to your inbox before you reach your monthly allowance limit.
15. Connection speeds are subject to various factors including network coverage and signal strength and therefore we cannot guarantee that your connection will reach any specific speeds.
16.Access to Mobile Broadband is subject to network coverage.
17.You must provide a current email address and any other information that we reasonably request from you to maintain your account and you must ensure that this information is valid, up to date and accurate. You must tell us immediately if you become aware of any improper disclosure of your security information or unauthorised use of the Mobile Broadband services through your account.
18.Text Messages sent from the Connection Manager or Watcher software will be charged 10.21p (ex vat).
19.All prices shown exclude VAT. Prices are correct at time of going to print but are subject to change.
20.O2 reserves the right to change or vary the Mobile Broadband service from time to time.
21.The prices shown do not incorporate data roaming rates. Usage whilst roaming will incur additional third party network operator's charges and these charges may be significant.