Terms and conditions:
Competition Dates: 12.00 on 25th November 2015 to 23.59 GMT on 20th December 2015
Entry: Entrants must be UK businesses with more than 2000 employees.
To enter this Competition please complete and submit the web entry form at https://connect.o2.co.uk/2016AnnualRugby before the closing date.
It is a condition of entry that Entrants pledge to raise a minimum of £3000 for a registered charity of the Entrant’s choice and describe how your business will use the day to raise money for the chosen charity. No purchase necessary.
Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Only one entry per business.
Entrants in this competition must adhere to the terms and conditions of entry. Anyone breaching these rules may be disqualified from the competition (at the sole discretion of O2). The decision of O2 in relation to all matters relating to this competition is final.
Judging Criteria and Judging Date: The winners will be judged on the responses with the most creative ideas for using the event to raise the profile of, and amount of sponsorship for, the entrant’s chosen charity.
Responses will be judged by a panel of three judges of which at least one is independent and not connected to O2. The decision of the judges will be final.
26 winning organisations will be selected. In the event of a tie-breaker the final winning organisations will be the entrant(s) who submitted their entry to the competition first.
Judging will take place in January 2016 and the first 24 teams announced within a reasonable time after that.
Anyone suspected of taking steps to mislead the Judging Panel about their intentions to raise money or that the money raised is not for a legitimate charity and/or for fraudulent purposes may be investigated by O2 or may be disqualified at the sole discretion of O2. Any decision by O2 in relation to such a matter will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prize: There are 26 prizes available. Each prize is an opportunity to enter a team to play in the ‘O2 Annual 6-Aside Touch Rugby Tournament’ followed by lunch and an awards ceremony, taking place between 09:00 GMT to 17:30 GMT on 12 May 2016 at Twickenham Stadium. Each team consists of seven (7) players, one of whom will be a reserve player, and five (5) guests
Players must agree to attend a briefing session at the venue and understand that participation in the Tournament will be entirely at their own risk and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, no claim shall be brought against Telefónica UK Limited for any injury sustained at the event, howsoever caused.
Winning this competition does not exempt any teams or individuals from complying with all Tournament rules including rules of fair play and sporting behaviour. Any teams not complying may be disqualified from the Tournament.
Winners will be notified in a reasonable time after the closing date and details posted on the competition website.
1. This Competition is open to all UK businesses with more than 2000 employees, who are UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
2. Only one entry per business and per mobile phone number (if applicable) is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
3. The Competition runs during the Competition Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Competition.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Competition, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
5. The winning organisation will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out above. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Judging Date either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within 2 days, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and the next best entry may be awarded the Prize at O2's discretion.
6. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
7. Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply.
8. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
9. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
10. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
11. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
12. The winning organisation may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition and it is a condition of entry that the winning organisation agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
13. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Enterprise Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
14. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Competition. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
15. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
17. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. The promoter of this Competition is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).