Xperia™ 1: Rakuten TV Offer (“Offer”)
In addition to the Offer terms and conditions set out below and the Sony Legal Notice including User Terms and Privacy Notice available at www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/, you hereby accept and agree that the rules below may apply without limitation to the Offer and your use of this website. In addition, any instructions on how to take part in this Offer form part of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Sony Mobile Communications AB of 221 88 Lund, Sweden.
Promotional Period GB: Starts 00:00:01 30/05/19 and ends 23:59:59 30/06/19 or while stocks last.
Claim Period GB: Starts 00:00:01 30/05/19 and ends 23:59:59 30/07/19 or while stocks last.
- Offer is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over only, excluding employees or their immediate families of the Promoter, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected to the Offer. Purchase and Internet access required. Keep receipt or online confirmation.
- To participate in the Offer you (hereinafter “you” or the “Participant”) need to purchase an Xperia™ 1 from Telefonica UK Limited’s (“O2”) direct sales channels which includes any O2 store, www.o2.co.uk or through O2 telesales during the Promotion Period (each a “Qualifying Device”). For the avoidance of doubt only O2 customers who complete a valid Claim during the Claim Period as defined above in accordance with these terms and conditions will qualify for and be able to participate in the Offer.
- Having purchased a Qualifying Device during the Promotional Period, you will be entitled to claim voucher codes redeemable aginst Rakuten TV Rakuten Super Points (“RSP”s) (“RSP Codes”) for 26 movies (valued at 450 RSPs each) worth (equivalent to 6 months at 1 movie per week) as more particularly set out below.
- Each RSP Code you redeem entitles you to receive a total of 450 RSPs (equivalent to £4.50). If your claim is verified the RSP Codes will be distributed to you on a weekly basis as more particularly set out in these terms and conditions.
- To claim you must go to www.xperiarewards.co.uk/O2Xperia1 between 30th May 2019 and 30th July 2019 (“Claim Period”) and enter (i) your new Qualifying Device’s IMEI number (access this by entering *#06# into your new Xperia™ 1 handset keypad or viewing the product packaging label), and (ii) uploadan image of your proof of purchase in the form of a receipt/email/online confirmation; (iii) your name, address, email address, date of birth and your mobile number (a “Claim”).
- Once you have submitted your Claim it will be checked and verified. If your Claim is valid your first RSP Code will be emailed to you to the email address submitted in the Claim either (i) within 7 calendar days of your Claim being successfully verified or (ii) on 12th June if your Claim is verified more than 7 days before this date.
- Every week thereafter on each Wednesday for the next 25 weeks (being a total of 26 weeks) you will be sent a new RSP Code via email to the email address submitted in the Claim for you to redeem and receive 450 RSPs to use for a Rakuten TV film rental.
- To redeem your RSP Codes you will need (i) appropriate hardware; (ii) a Rakuten TV account; and (iii) internet services (e.g. broadband, wifi or mobile internet).
- RSP Codes are redeemable only on the following URL: welcome.rakuten.tv/uk/o2xperia1
- Each RSP Code is valid for 7 days only The RSP Codes expire 7 calendar days from the date the email is sent unless used.
- Once the RSP Code is redeemed, your Rakuten TV Account will automatically be credited with 450RSPs to use on any film rental in SD or HD quality within 48 hours as set out in 12 below. 12. Once you have redeemed the RSP Code for your 450 RSPs, you will have 48 hours to rent and view a film. If your chosen film does not require 450 RSPs any residual RSPs may be used towards viewing a second film rental during the same 48 period.
- To use the RSPs claimed from the RSP Code to view your chosen film you must select “use Rakuten Super Points” in the payment option.
- Once the RSP Code is redeemed and the RSPs are allocated to your account as set out above, you can stream the movie with your Sony Xperia 1, online at www.rakuten.tv/uk or with any available Rakuten TV App supported Devices. You can find a list of all compatible devices you can receive Rakuten TV via help.rakuten.tv/hc/en-gb
- If you need help with the RSP Code redemption or use of the the RSPs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSP Codes and RSPs that are the subject of your Claim are issued by Rakuten TV [Rakuten TV Europe, S.L.U. Doctor Trueta 127 – 133, Barcelona 08005.]
- No RSP Codes or RSPs will be replaced if lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise used without your permission. Rakuten TV reserve the right to terminate or suspend user accounts and request alternative forms of payment, as well as take all actions necessary to protect its interests, if an RSP Code or RSPs are fraudulently obtained and used on Rakuten TV or other Rakuten TV services. If your Rakuten TV account is terminated or suspended for these reasons, you may lose any unused RSPs and no longer receive RSP Codes.
- Certain content available via Rakuten TV using RSPs and your RSP Code may have specific additional restrictions, such as age ratings and usage rights. Children may not be able to access content rated higher than their age.
- Credit/debit card details may be required for your Rakuten TV account. For the avoidance of doubt Rakuten TV accounts and the use of Rakuten TV services are subject to Rakuten TV terms and conditions.
- You are only eligible to one Claim per Qualifying Device.
- If there are any discrepancies between the purchase information and information provided by you in your Claim, a member of the customer service team will contact you within 30 days of your Claim being submitted online, and they may ask for proof of purchase to be provided (for in store purchases this will be in the form of an original itemised till receipt or order confirmation showing purchase of the Qualifying Device and dated within the Promotion Period; for online orders this will be in the form of an email receipt.)
- If you are required to provide proof of purchase it is acceptable to provide a photocopy.
- For any queries regarding this Offer please contact us at O2Xperia1@xperiarewards.co.uk
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Claims that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted whether due to technical difficulties affecting electronic communication or any other reason.
- Telefonica terms apply when purchasing a Qualifying Device, please visit www.O2.co.uk for further details of the applicable terms.
- Owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Offer at any time but will use all endeavours to minimise the effect to the consumer in order to avoid disappointment.
- The RSP Voucher and RSPs can’t be exchanged and there is no cash or other reward available, except owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer for a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
- You are responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of participation in the Offer including without limitation the purchase of a Qualifying Device including accessing the internet if applicable.
- Costs to participate in the Offer via the internet may vary so please check with your local service provider for current charges.
- Any personal information, including, without limitation, your name, age, address (including postcode), mobile phone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Offer and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of this Offer (including subsequent promotions as stated in these Terms and Conditions) or fulfilling the RSP Codes where applicable. The Sony Privacy Notice displayed at http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/ under "Privacy" applies to any processing of data performed in connection herewith.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any failed connection by your attempt to access Rakuten TV’s website required for entry for whatever reason. The Promotor accepts no liability and makes no warranty in respect of the Rakuten TV services, or the operation of the RSP Codes or RSPs.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the RSP Codes or RSPs, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Icons and images are simulated and are for illustrative purposes only. Sony is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation. ©2019 Sony Mobile Communications Inc. All rights reserved. ©2019 Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. All rights reserved.