These Terms and Conditions govern the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward (“Terms”). Participation and/or claim instructions form part of the “Terms” which you will be deemed to have accepted if you participate. Please read the following Terms carefully and keep a copy for your information.
1. Review Period:
Opening date – 00:01 GMT on 1 May 2018
Closing date – 23.59 GMT on 22 May 2018
2. Participation Criteria
All O2 Drive customers who meet the following criteria will be eligible to win the Prize:
aged 18 or over;
hold a current O2 Drive or O2 Drive Box on Board policy for the entirety of the Review Period;
download and have the O2 Drive application installed on your mobile device with journey recording enabled;
have driven at least 50 miles during the Review Period; and
accept and comply with at all times all relevant O2 Drive terms and conditions.
No other methods of participation are available. No purchase necessary.
3. Winning Criteria
Throughout the Review Period the top one hundred (100) drivers with the best awareness scores will win the Prize.
Awareness score is a score given to drivers based on how hard they brake, the harder you brake the lower your score will be. To improve your Awareness (braking) score you could try to spot reasons for stopping sooner (hence Awareness), so you can start braking earlier and more gradually before you need to stop. Your Awareness score will only be recorded once you’ve completed your journey, so you can focus on driving safely and not on your scores while on the move.
From time to time you will be informed of your position in the league table and will be provided with helpful tips to help you improve your score.
If the awareness scores are level, we will compare user’s acceleration score over the Review Period. In the event of a further tie, O2 will compare user’s overall driving score over the Review Period.
The top one hundred (100) drivers with the best awareness score at the Closing Date will be sent the Prize, a Hotel Chocolat gift box, which will include a selection of all-star chocolates , to the UK delivery address registered to their O2 Drive policy within two (2) weeks after the Closing Date.
5. This Competition is open to all individuals complying with the Participation Criteria above, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of a participant and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
6. Each O2 Drive customer complying with Participation Criteria will only be entered into the Competition once. Participation not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
7. The O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward runs during the Review Period from the Opening Date until the specified Closing Date.
8. The winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the Winning Criteria above from all eligible participants. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Winner has been determined and verified or either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2's discretion.
9. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
10. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable).
11. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed participation, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
12. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
13. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward and it is a condition of winning that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
15. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
16. Your data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward.
17. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the O2 Drive Safe Driver Reward and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice.
19. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.