O2 | Family Plan discount
Terms & conditions
Family Plan discount - Terms & Conditions ("Offer Terms")
Family Plan allows you to get a discount off eligible Pay As You Go Big Bundles and Pay Monthly airtime tariffs and have free access to Qustodio Premium, on O2 (the “Offer”).
These terms were amended to change the eligibility criteria for this Offer in accordance with clause 25 of these terms. These terms were amended on, and will be effective for purchases made on or after, 13 June 2019.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the Offer. Capitalised terms used in these Offer Terms and not defined shall be as defined in the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement or Pay As You Go service terms, or the relevant tariff terms, as applicable.
1. Eligibility: The Offer is available to O2 customers with a new or existing consumer Pay Monthly contract purchased directly or indirectly from O2 (“Lead Contract”), who then take out one or more eligible Qualifying Tariffs (up to a maximum of 20 connections per Family Plan “Family Plan Connections”) (each a “Qualifying Contract”) during the Offer Period.
2. A Qualifying Tariff is either
(i) a consumer Pay Monthly contract purchased directly from O2 stores, online at o2.co.uk or through our O2 voice channel with a tariff that does not have a monetary airtime discount applied. Certain tariffs may only be eligible for this Offer at certain times, so please check marketing material to ensure eligibility before you buy; or
(ii) a Pay As You Go Tariff that is a £15 or £20 Big Bundle allowance.
2.1 O2 Business customers are not eligible.
2.2 The consumer Pay Monthly Qualifying Contract/s must, at the time of verification, be registered to the Lead Contract account holder.
2.3 Customers whose applications or orders for the Qualifying Contract/s are not successful or whose orders are not accepted within the Offer Period are not eligible and cannot participate.
3. Offer Period: This Offer will be available from the effective date until it is withdrawn in accordance with Clause 25 of these Offer Terms.
4. How to participate:
4.1 If purchasing online or over the phone, customers who wish to participate in the Offer (“Participants”) can redeem the Offer within 28 days of taking a Qualifying Contract (“Redemption Period”) by, (for Pay Monthly) texting the keyword ‘LOYALTY’ to the short code 21500 and, (for Pay As You Go), texting ‘FAMILY10’ (for £15 Big Bundles) or ‘FAMILY15’ (for £20 Big Bundles) followed by the Pay As You Go number to 21300 from their Pay Monthly connection that they wish to add as a Family Plan Connection. Application texts must be received before the Redemption Period expires. Participants will receive a text or series of texts requesting information to which Participants must respond fully and accurately before their Qualifying Contract is added to Family Plan.
i. The Offer Discount will be applied 3 working days after all requested information has been supplied and verified.
ii. The Offer Discount will be reflected on the respective Participant's monthly bill/s for their respective Family Plan Connection/s from the point of verification.
iii. The Offer Discount will not apply retrospectively.
4.2 If purchasing through a retail store (directly with O2) the discount will be applied automatically at the point of purchasing a Qualifying Contract.
5. Pay Monthly offer contents: The Offer provides for a progressive discount, increasing for additional Qualifying Contracts between 1 and 4 (the “Offer Discount”), as follows:
i. The first additional Qualifying Contract will qualify for 10% off the respective airtime tariff;
ii. The second additional Qualifying Contract will qualify for 20% off the respective airtime tariff;
iii. The third additional Qualifying Contract will qualify for 30% off the respective airtime tariff;
iv. The fourth and subsequent additional Qualifying Contract will qualify for 40% off the respective airtime tariff.
6. The level of Offer Discount available will be determined by the number of Qualifying Contracts registered to the Lead Contract at the point of verification, including Pay Monthly consumer connections that do not qualify for the Offer Discount. For example,
i. The account holder purchases a new SIMO contract on an eligible tariff. This new Qualifying Contract would qualify for a 10% Offer Discount;
ii. The Lead Contract then takes out a new O2 Refresh contract in the sale, but because it is on a promotional airtime tariff it doesn’t qualify for an Offer Discount;
iii. The account holder then buys a new Refresh contract on a Qualifying Tariff and so qualifies for a 30% Offer Discount.
7. Offer Discounts will be applied against the airtime element of Family Plan Connection/s only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Offer Discount does not apply to any applicable Device Plan nor to any additional airtime charges incurred over and above the standard Monthly Subscription Charges.
8. Only one Offer Discount per Family Plan Connection, up to a maximum of 20 connections. Out of 20 Family Plan Connections, a maximum of 6 of those Family Plan Connections may be O2 Refresh contracts at any one time. The Offer is subject to availability.
9. Pay As You Go offer contents: For Pay As You Go, the £15 and £20 Big Bundle allowances are available for £5 less with Family Plan. The £15 Big Bundle allowance is available for just a £10 top up and the £20 Big Bundle allowance is available for a £15 top up. In order to redeem, the Lead Contract or Family Plan Connections must text FAMILY 10 or FAMILY 15 (respectively) followed by the Pay As You Go number to 21300. Two PAYG discounted connections are permitted per Lead Contract or Family Plan Connections at any one time.
10. Disqualifying Events: A Participant will cease to qualify for this Offer if:
a. S/he does not comply with the terms of his Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement/s or Device Plan Terms and Conditions (if applicable);
b. The Lead Contract is terminated, for any reason without a Family Plan Connection replacing them;
c. The Lead Contract or Family Plan Connections are disconnected and reconnected (for whatever reason) at a later date;
d. The Lead Contract is moved to a promotional tariff that is incompatible with this Offer. If the Lead Contract is still valid but Family Plan Connections move to a tariff that is incompatible with this Offer then those Family Plan Connections will not be able to redeem the Offer Discount;
e. the Participant is no longer a Family Plan Connection as defined in these Offer Terms;
f. we have reason to believe that the Offer has been obtained either:
i. by mistake or
ii. by providing incorrect information on the Offer application or
iii. by fraud. Where the Offer has been obtained fraudulently O2 may reclaim the value of any benefits obtained by the O2 account holder or perpetrator of such fraud.
11. Eligibility Reassessment Events: Family Plan Connections will have their discount reassessed and/or reduced if:
a. other Family Plan Connection/s are terminated, have been disqualified from the Offer, for any reason or have been appointed as a Lead Contract; or
b. The Lead Contract is terminated and a Family Plan Connection is appointed by O2 as a Lead Contract.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, if you upgrade a Family Plan connection you will need to reapply for the Family Plan airtime discount.
13. Once you have made your first Qualifying Contract you will be sent a SMS and email with details of how to redeem a subscription to a premium version of the Qustodio application for free (the price of the premium version of the Qustodio application is usually £35.95 a year, as at 26 April 2019, however this price is subject to amendment).
14. To activate the Qustodio application subscription you will need to register and create a Qustodio account and download the Qustodio application on your device. You will be entitled to download the Qustodio Premium application to a maximum of five (5) devices at any one time.
15. Further details regarding the Qustodio application can we found at www.Qustodio.com.
16. The Qustodio application subscription element of Family Plan must be activated within the first 28 days of your Qualifying Contract. The duration of your Qustodio application free subscription will continue from the date you activate it until the End Date. The “End Date” means the date on which the Lead Contract or second Family Plan Connection is terminated. On the End Date you will no longer be eligible to receive the free Qustodio application subscription element of Family Plan.
17. Use of the Qustodio application subscription requires a compatible device, internet access, and certain software, and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the services involves hardware, software, and internet access, your ability to use the services may be affected by the performance of these factors. Customers agree that such requirements are their responsibility.
18. Your Qustodio subscription shall only be and remain valid if:
I. you activate the code you receive in your SMS and email within 28 days of your Qualifying Contract; and/or
II. you do not cancel your Qualifying Contract within the 14 day Change Your Mind period; and/or
III. you do not default on payments due on your Qualifying Contract.
19. O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend access to Qustodio Premium, (for example in circumstances that are outside the control of O2 and withdrawal or amendment of access to Qustodio Premium is unavoidable) but O2 will use all reasonable endeavors to minimise the effect to Customers in order to avoid disappointment.
20. O2 accepts no responsibility for the failure of third party service/s (including without limitation the Qustodio application subscription) and/or errors in their delivery.
21. Sometimes, through reasons outside of O2's control, the applications and websites that facilitate Qustodio (as with any application and website) may not be accessible. O2 cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to Qustodio. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in ordering/claiming or any orders/claims delayed or corrupted. O2 will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
22. O2 is not responsible for the Qustodio application content and O2 hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility in relation to the content to the maximum permitted by law.
23. Non-transferable: The Offer can only be redeemed against the Participant's valid Family Plan Connection/s and cannot be used to pay for or off-set any other fees, charges or costs nor any other O2 account balances. The Offer cannot be transferred. There are no cash alternatives.
24. Returns and refunds: Our Returns and Repairs policy applies and is hereby incorporated into these terms.
25. Exclusions: This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and Participants must retain their receipts as proof of purchase.
26. Amending or withdrawing the Offer: O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Offer and its associated terms and conditions at any time on reasonable notice. Amendments will notified to customers by posting on the website o2.co.uk.
28. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
29. The Offer Terms are governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.