Simply Pay As You Go Terms and Conditions
NOTICE: On 17 November 2016, this tariff will be withdrawn from sale by O2. New customers will not be able to purchase this tariff directly from O2 nor will existing O2 customers be able to switch to it. Customers who are already on Simply Pay As You Go on the 17 November 2016 or who acquire and activate a Simply Pay As You Go sim via indirect channels, will remain on this tariff until further notice. However customers who switch away from Simply Pay As You Go will not be able to return to the tariff at a later date.
- Terms applying from 26 May 2016 Simply Pay As You Go ("the Tariff"), previously known as Big Talker, is available to Pay As You Go customers on O2.
- The Tariff gives you discounted UK calls and UK texts to international mobiles and international landlines from your Pay As You Go mobile. International calls are charged by the minute, not by the second, and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. Each call charge is then rounded up to the next whole penny.
- For the latest country pricing please see o2.co.uk/internationalsim. Calls to international premium rate numbers, personal numbers and some satellite numbers and countries are excluded. UK video calls and UK picture messages to international mobiles are not discounted.
- UK calls and UK texts to international mobiles will be discounted, even if the international mobile being called is currently located in the UK.
- UK calls and UK texts to UK mobiles, when they aren't located in the UK, will be charged at the normal UK rates.
- For existing customers switching to the Tariff, you will start to receive discounted UK calls and texts to international mobiles when you top up and receive your allowances below.
The Tariff also gives you either:
- 3000 O2 to O2 texts and 50MB of 4G data each month provided you have topped-up between £10 and £14 in the previous month OR;
- 3000 O2 to O2 texts, 3000 O2 to O2 minutes and 100MB of 4G data each month provided you have topped-up over £15 or more in the previous month.
- In addition to these monthly allowances, you can use your top up credit for further calls, texts and data.
- These monthly allowances are for use in the UK only and exclude video calls and picture messages.
- The Tariff provides a monthly allowance of either O2 texts or O2 texts and O2 calls (subject to top up requirements) to be used from your mobile phone for private, personal, non-commercial, purposes within the UK. You may not use your SIM card in, or connected to, any other device; or in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. If for any reason O2 reasonably suspects that you are not acting in accordance with this policy, O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, or transfer you to a tariff which does not include an allowance of O2 texts or O2 calls, or disconnect your account.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK texts allowance, your Tariff's O2 texts allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On texts allowance when sending texts to O2 mobiles.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK calls allowance, your Tariff's O2 calls allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On calls allowance when calling O2 mobiles. This does not apply to the More O2 Minutes Bolt On which will always be used before your Tariff's O2 calls allowance.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK data allowance, your Tariff's data allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On data allowance. This does not apply to the Web Daily Bolt On which will always be used before your Tariff's data allowance.
- If you have the International Caller Bolt On or the International Talk & Text Bolt On, UK calls and UK texts to international mobiles and international landlines will be discounted in accordance with your Tariff.
- Existing customers may switch to the Tariff's monthly allowance. Customers who are currently on the Original or Talkalot tariffs will be moved to the Talkalot 08 rates if they opt in to the Tariffs' monthly allowance. Customers will not be able to switch back to Original or Talkalot if they do this.
- To switch to the Tariff, you can visit o2.co.uk/myo2 or call free on 2202. Alternatively you can send a free text message with the keyword "SimplyPAYASYOUGO" to 21300.
- Your confirmation text will include reference to your "renewal date". Your renewal date is the date each month by which you must have topped up with at least £10 in order to receive your next monthly Tariff's O2 calls and/or O2 texts allowance.
- Customers successfully transferring to the Tariff from another tariff will not be activated until their next renewal date, providing they have met the minimum top-up requirements.
- By switching to the Tariff, customers are agreeing to replace their current tariff monthly allowance with this Tariff's monthly allowance. Customers can only have one tariff monthly allowance active at any time.
- The Tariff's O2 calls and/or O2 texts allowance will be replenished every month on your renewal date provided you have topped-up by at least the minimum amounts specified in clause 7 above by this date each month. If you do not top-up by this minimum amount you will not receive the Tariff's O2 calls and/or O2 texts allowance until you next top up. This then resets your renewal date. You will receive a text confirmation confirming your new renewal date.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Tariff Terms. If we amend any of these to your material disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.
- Eligible calls made using any inclusive minutes allowance are counted by the minute not by the second and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. UK calls to UK landlines and mobiles made outside any inclusive minutes allowance are charged by the minute, not by the second, and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. Each call charge is then rounded up to the next whole penny. Standard tariff rates for Simply Pay As You Go can be found at /termsandconditions/mobile/pay-as-you-go-charges-terms-simply-pay-as-you-go
- You can view your remaining tariff allowances by visiting o2.co.uk/myo2 or alternatively you can send BALANCE to 20202 or by calling 4444 which is free from your O2 mobile.
- Talkalot 08 Terms and Conditions also apply.