Lots of websites, including ours, send cookies to your computer or mobile device to make them easier and quicker for visitors to use. A cookie is a bit of data exchanged between a website and your browser.
There are three types of cookie:
- Session cookies – These track the pages you visit, and only last until you close your browser
- Persistent cookies – These save your preferences when you visit a website, and are stored until you delete them
- Local shared objects (Flash Cookies) – These also save your preferences, and might let you start watching a video from where you stopped previously, for example
- Give you a better browsing experience
- Measure and improve our service and websites
- Let you set personal preferences
- Protect your security
- Work with partners and measure marketing
We also respect your privacy. That's why:
- You can visit our website without giving any personal information
- We protect your personal information very carefully
Some parts of our site, like the Remember Me login feature, won't work without cookies.
Letting us install cookies will make our website easier to use, but if you'd prefer to switch them off, you can do this in your browser settings.
More help and info
- Visit AboutCookies.org for more info on controlling cookies
- Flash cookies can't be managed in your browser – visit the Adobe website to find out how to delete or disable them.
If you're not sure about any techy terms, check out our jargon buster
Thank you for sending your feedback.