1. Calling the O2 Top-Up line
If you're in a direct dial country, you can call the O2 Top-Up line for free by:
- Calling 4444
- Using Hotkey 3 on your Pay As You Go mobile
- Calling +441753 552 277 from any phone
- Calling 03456 062 277 from any landline
If you're topping up from a country that doesn't allow direct dialling, enter *111*# then press the call button. Your mobile will go on standby for a few seconds before it rings.
Answer the call and follow the instructions to access the Top-Up line by dialling 4444#.
2. E-Top Up cards
If you have an E-Top Up card, simply:
- Call 248 free from your mobile
- Enter the 19-digit number on the back of the card
- Enter the 5-digit PIN under the scratch panel on the back of the card
You'll then get a text confirming that the card has been registered successfully and the credit will be added to your account.
Once you've activated an E-Top Up card, you can use the card to top up your mobile anywhere you see the E-Top Up logo.
3. Auto Top-Up
To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.
You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.
Other ways to top up
- Buy a voucher in any shop where you see the green top-up logo
- Visit a cash machine with the green top-up logo
Topping up abroad
If you're off on holiday, it's a good idea to top up your mobile before you leave. But if you need to top up overseas, you can:
- Take an O2 voucher with you
- Call the O2 Top-Up line and use your credit/debit card
- Top up online (we recommend using wifi to avoid data charges)
- The maximum amount you can top up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days
- There's also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level with a credit/debit card, you'll need to use one of our other methods, like E-Top Up, cash machine or vouchers
- If you add credit using vouchers, or in your local shop using E-Top Up, you can top up a maximum of £50 at once
- You can add credit by voucher and E-Top Up as often as you like, and there's no limit to the amount you can top up in a given period of time
If you're having problems using our online top-up service, then try clearing your browser cache. On Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options and select Delete Files and/or Cookies.
If you have any other questions about topping up your Pay As You Go account:
- Contact us via Live Chat
- Call 4444 free from your mobile
- Call 0345 606 2277 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
If you're not sure about any techy terms, check out our jargon buster
Thank you for sending your feedback.