Download your eSIM for iOS
Legacy - Download your eSIM for Android | O2
Set up an eSIM using a QR code
When you request an eSIM, we’ll send you a free eSIM pack to help get you connected quickly.
Your eSIM pack will contain a QR code for you to scan with your iPhone’s camera, which will recognise the code and begin the setup process automatically.
- What if my device’s camera is damaged and I can’t scan a QR code?
If your device camera’s damaged, you can download your eSIM manually. Here’s how:
- Make sure your device’s connected to WiFi
- Find your QR code in your eSIM pack
- On your device, go to Settings > Mobile Data
- When you’re on the ‘Mobile Data’ screen, select ‘Add eSIM’
- Then select ‘Use QR code’ followed by ‘Enter Details Manually’
- When you’re on the ‘Enter Activation Code’ screen, enter cel.prod.ondemandconnectivity. com into the SM-DP+ Address section.
- In the Activation Code section, enter the code printed underneath the QR code in your eSIM pack – it’s split into blocks of 4 characters. Enter the code without any spaces, making sure to use the correct case for letters
- Leave the Confirmation Code field blank.
- Continue to follow the onscreen prompts to finish setting up your eSIM.
- Can I reuse my QR code?
Yes – after you download an eSIM with a QR code, you can use that QR code two more times to download your eSIM to the same device.
- Can I use my QR code with another device?
No – once you download your eSIM to a device using a QR code, it’s locked to that device.
If you upgrade or change your device, and you want to move your number across, you’ll need to order a new eSIM pack.
- I’ve accidentally deleted my eSIM from my device – what do I do?
Don’t worry if you’ve accidentally deleted your eSIM – you can download it again by following the instructions on the eSIM pack it came with.
- Which Apple devices support eSIM?
iPhone (XS, XR and later)
iPad mini (5th generation and later)
iPad (7th generation and later)
iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- How do I download an eSIM on my iPad
If your iPad supports eSIM but you’re using it with a plastic SIM, you can request an eSIM pack to swap your plastic SIM for an eSIM.
- How do I know which mobile number my device is using?
At the beginning, all your contacts will be assigned to the default mobile number you chose during your device setup. To change this, go to a contact and select the default mobile number you’d like to use for that person.
If you enter a phone number straight into the dialler, you’ll be able to choose which mobile number to call from by selecting that mobile number at the top of the screen.
For incoming calls, there’s an indicator to show which mobile number you’re receiving the call on – this’ll be the first one or two letters of the name you assigned to each mobile number. So, if your labels are called Personal and Business, the call indicator would be ‘P’ or ‘B’, if they’re Personal and Private, they would be ‘Pe’ and ‘Pr’.
- Can I use iMessage and FaceTime on both mobile numbers on my Apple device?
Yes, you can use iMessage and FaceTime on both mobile numbers. Your device will ask you which numbers you want to use when installing your eSIM.
- What should I do before returning or repairing my device if I use an eSIM?
If you’re returning your device for repair or replacement, it’s best to request a replacement eSIM (or plastic SIM) so you can use your current mobile number on a temporary device.
Then, move your current mobile number over to your replacement eSIM or SIM, and back
up all the files, data, and media on your device before you send it off. You’ll also need to:
- Backup all your data to iCloud and iTunes
- Go to Settings > Account > Find My and turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ (or ‘Find My iPad’)
- Go to Settings > General and select ‘Transfer or Reset iPhone’ (or ‘Transfer or Reset iPad’) then ‘Erase All Content and Settings’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset
This will remove all the content on your device so that it’s ready to return to us.