Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
This is the Agreement for consumer customers who take Pay Monthly mobile services from us for their own personal use; If you’re an O2 Business customer who only (or mostly) uses the services for business, then our O2 terms and conditions for businesses will apply.
A quick summary
This is a quick summary of some of the most important terms and conditions of your pay monthly mobile agreement.
You can see the full terms of your Agreement below, by picking up a copy of our printed terms in an O2 shop, looking on our Website or by asking customer service to send you a copy. It's important that you read and understand the full terms before you sign up.
1. Charges/Price increases – Each year your Monthly Subscription Charges will be subject to an annual adjustment by the RPI Rate, (which could be an increase or a decrease) and the adjusted amount will first appear on your April bill. E.g. below (RPI rates illustrative only):
If your airtime tariff is £15 a month when you sign up in September.
Year 1: On your first April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £15.39 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 2.6%) i.e. £15 x 1.026 = £15.39; and
Year 2: On your next April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £15.75 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 2.4%), i.e. £15.39 x 1.024 = £15.75936.
You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. Your inclusive allowances cover standard mainland UK calls, texts and data. Special numbers and services are not included. Please see our Tariff Terms and Website for more details about specific tariffs and Charges outside your allowances. If you are on a Shared Tariff you as the lead connection and account holder will be responsible for all the Charges for the Shared Tariff and all connections within the sharer group, even though others may use those SIM Cards, have separate tariffs and/or may pay their bill separately. If the account holder/lead connection is late paying, is disconnected or cancels their Agreement, it will affect the rest of the group. We may charge interest or fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services. We may increase or decrease our other prices from time to time. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without paying the Monthly Subscription Charges for the remaining months of your Minimum Period, however if you've taken Equipment on a Device Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.
2. The Change-Your-Mind Period – If you change your mind about the Equipment (usually a Mobile Phone) you've bought from us, you can return items once and exchange them for another within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period (details will be in your welcome pack). You'll only be able to do this if the Equipment is undamaged, unlocked (i.e. free of security or software locks), in its original packaging and you bring in your proof of purchase with it. If you'd rather, you can return your Equipment and cancel your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement during the Change-Your-Mind Period. You'll be charged for Non-Returns. If you've taken Equipment from us under a separate Device Plan and you are withdrawing from that Device Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay in full for your Equipment. If you've just taken Services from us then you can also cancel within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period. You agree that Services will begin immediately if you already have a SIM Card or when you receive a SIM Card. You'll have to pay for any calls, texts, data and other charges you've incurred, including during the Change-Your-Mind Period. For full details, ask in store or see below for our policy on repairs and returns. Details are in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement and on our Website.
3. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a Minimum Period. After that Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice and you will have to pay Charges during this notice period. Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period and if you've taken Equipment on a Device Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
4. The Services and Equipment we supply and what you can expect of us – Our Services aren't available everywhere in the UK. You should check predicted Network coverage in your area on our Website. The Services are not fault free and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time. We will manage the Network in various ways. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement. Equipment we supply will accord with the manufacturer's description and packaging but digital Content (such as apps or software) preloaded on such Equipment will often contain minor defects and such Content should be judged against quality standards proportionate to the value of those digital goods. You have the right to reject defective Equipment within a reasonable period as set out on our Website. However, if you ask to be sent a replacement and don't return the original Equipment, you'll be charged for Non-Returns. Details are in paragraph 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement.
5. What we expect of you – We may end the Agreement if: you don't pay any Charges that are due; we reasonably believe the Service is being used fraudulently, illegally, in a way that harms our Network, or to cause annoyance (among other things), for non-personal or business use; or if you're bankrupt. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.