Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
This is the Agreement for consumer customers who take Pay Monthly mobile services from us for their own personal use; if you're a Business customer then please look at the Business Contract.
A quick summary
THIS IS A QUICK SUMMARY OF SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR PAY MONTHLY MOBILE AGREEMENT.
You can see the full terms of your Agreement below, by picking up a copy of our printed terms in an O2 shop, looking on our Website or by asking customer service to send you a copy. It's important that you read and understand the full terms before you sign up.
1. Charges/Price increases – Your Monthly Subscription Charges will be subject to an increase during March 2014 and from 2015, and each year thereafter, during April, they will be subject to further increase or a decrease by the RPI Rate.An example is below (RPI rates are illustrative only)
If your airtime tariff is £15 a month when you sign up in February 2014.
Year 1: On your March 2014 bill your airtime tariff would be £15.39 a month (if RPI Rate announced Jan 2014 was 2.6%) i.e. £15 x 1.026 = £15.39; and
Year 2: On your April 2015 bill your airtime tariff would be £15.75 a month (if RPI Rate announced in Feb 2015 was 2.4%), i.e. £15.39 x 1.024 = £15.75936.
NB: if you sign up after 28 February 2014 then the examples above should be read as referring to April 2015 and beyond (using the RPI Rate announced in February each year).
You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. Your inclusive allowances cover standard mainland UK calls, texts and data. Special numbers and services are not included. Please see our Tariff Terms and Website for more details about Charges outside your allowances. We may charge interest or fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services. We may increase or decrease our other prices from time to time. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without paying the Monthly Subscription Charges for the remaining months of your Minimum Period, however if you've taken Equipment on a Hardware Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.
2. The Change-Your-Mind Period – If you change your mind about your Mobile Phone or selected Equipment you've got from us, you can return it once and exchange it for another Mobile Phone within the Change-Your-Mind Period (which may vary depending on if you've bought in-store or online). You'll only be able to do this if the Mobile Phone/Equipment is undamaged, unlocked (i.e. free of security or software locks), in its original packaging and you bring in your proof of purchase with it. If you'd rather, you can return your Mobile Phone/Equipment and cancel your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement during the Change-Your-Mind Period. If you've taken your Equipment from us under a separate Hardware Plan and you are withdrawing from that Hardware Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay in full for your Equipment. You'll also have to pay for any calls, texts and other charges you've incurred. For full details, ask in store or see below for our policy on repairs and returns. Details are in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement and on our Website.
3. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a Minimum Period. After that Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice. Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period and if you've taken Equipment on a Hardware Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
4. The Services and Equipment we supply and what you can expect of us – Our Services aren't available everywhere in the UK. You can check Network coverage in your area on our Website. The Services are not fault free and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement. Equipment we supply will accord with the manufacturer's description and packaging but digital Content (such as apps or software) preloaded on such Equipment will often contain minor defects and such Content should be judged against quality standards proportionate to the value of those digital goods.
6. How we use your information – We may use and analyse your personal details to help us run your account. We might use your details and how you use the service, and/or share them with carefully selected third parties, for marketing purposes to tell you about other products and services. If you don't want to get these marketing communications, you can write to us or you can tell us when you sign up. Details are in paragraph 21 of the Agreement or you can visit o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/privacy-policy.