O2 Recycle | Mobile Terms and Conditions | O2
Terms & conditions
O2 Recycle – Terms and Conditions
O2 Recycle is Telefónica UK Limited’s (“O2’s”) recycling programme. O2 Recycle is operated and administered for O2 by Ingram Micro Services Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering an order with O2 Recycle. By registering an order with O2 Recycle, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledge that you are entering into a contract with Ingram Micro Services Ltd. References to “we”, “us”, “our” or similar throughout these terms and conditions shall means references to Ingram Micro Services Ltd. Your contract with us, incorporating these terms and conditions, shall be formed when we receive your device.
We recommend you take note of your device IMEI/serial number in the unlikely event there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number may be printed on the back of your device or can be found by typing *#06# into your keypad. Your serial number will be located in your settings.
1. Your device
1.1. Each device you send to O2 Recycle should match the make, model and condition stated when registering your order and should meet the following minimum conditions in order to achieve any payment:
- The battery must be included.
- The device must not be crushed.
- The device must be original and meet the manufacturer’s original specifications.
- The device must not be software locked, registered as stolen or barred.
2. Grading mobiles and tablets
2.1. We recommend that you use our grading tool to obtain a price before you send in your device.
2.2. No device is ever the same so grading varies from model to model, depending on the damage and condition. To give you an idea of the types of issues which may affect our valuation, please have a look at our table below.
|Reduction||Type of Damage|
3. Grading wearables
3.1. To achieve any value, wearables must be working and fully intact cosmetically. We advise you answer our grading questions to obtain a more detailed valuation for your wearable before sending it in to O2 Recycle.
3.2. For a wearable to be classified as fully working we will test that all functions are working properly. Some slight markings on the casing will be acceptable. For watches, your original watch strap must also be sent back to be eligible for the full value.
3.3. Grading wearables is more complex and, in some cases, depending on the value and condition of your wearable, we will be unable to offer any payment. To give you an idea of the types of issues which may affect our valuation for wearables, please have a look at our table below.
|Reduction||Type of Damage|
4.1. If you have a PIN or password on any of your devices, these must be removed before sending.
4.2. Any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake devices returned will be held by O2 Recycle and reported to the police without reference to you. No payment will be made and the device(s) will not be returned.
4.3. Any devices that are sent to O2 Recycle and do not have a value will be recycled in line with WEEE Regulations.
4.4. The terms and conditions of any offers operated by O2 that contain or consist of an O2 Recycle offer shall be contained here. Any O2 Recycle offer shall be subject to and governed by these terms and conditions which shall be incorporated into the terms of any offer.
5.1. Prices offered via O2 Recycle are subject to change at any time without notice.
5.2. Unless we tell you otherwise, when your order has been placed, the price quoted is guaranteed for 14 days. If your device is received more than 14 days after the order placed date, then the prevailing O2 Recycle value shall apply.
5.3. If the device received differs to the device registered, the order will be processed based on the device received, not the device registered.
5.4. O2 Recycle will have the final decision on all device values.
6.1. When we receive your device, we will check that it is complete and that it meets our terms and conditions. Providing it does, we will send payment by your chosen method in accordance with the timings included in clause 6.2 for each payment method.
6.2. The following payment methods are available:
a) BACS transfer:
- Once we’ve received and processed your device, provided it matches the description and is in accordance with these terms, payment will be made to the designated bank account within 3-5 working days.
- If your payment date falls on a weekend or public holiday payment will be made on the next working day.
b) Airtime Credit:
- Airtime credit will be credited to the next monthly bill. Please note, if your bill is printed within 3 days of your payment confirmation, the credit will appear in the following month’s bill.
- In accordance with clause 6.4 if your device is subject to re-quote following inspection of your device (e.g. your device does not match the description given to us) the final adjusted value of your trade-in will be used to credit your Airtime Plan.
- If for any reason we are unable to credit your O2 account with your device value, we will inform you and offer an alternative payment method of the same value.
c) Device Plan Credit (O2 Refresh custom plans customers only recycling via o2recycle.co.uk, o2.co.uk and voice channels):
- When purchasing a new device from the above channels through an O2 Refresh custom plan contract you may be able to use your trade-in value to lower the monthly repayments for your Device Plan. The lower trade in monthly repayments presented during your device purchase is subject to these O2 Recycle terms and the trade-in device sent to us matching the description provided to us.
- On purchasing your new device you will be credit checked against the full value of the device (not incorporating any potential saving using your trade-in value). If the credit check is successful and you are eligible for the Device Plan the Device Plan will be taken out at the full amount of the device, not incorporating any potential saving using your trade-in value. You will then need to complete an order for trade-in on O2recylce.co.uk and send your device to us in accordance with these terms. If we do not receive your device, or if the trade-in device has no value, your Device Plan will continue at the full amount, not incorporating any trade-in savings.
- Following receipt of your device and confirmation of the value of your device by us, provided the returned device matches the description and is submitted to us in accordance with these terms, your Device Plan will be credited and your monthly payments will be adjusted. You will receive a confirmation from us which confirms your new ongoing Device Plan monthly payments. The duration of your Device Plan will not change. If we process your device after you receive any monthly bills from us your trade-in value will be spread across the remaining monthly payments on your Device Plan.
- In accordance with clause 6.4, if your trade-in device is subject to re-quote following inspection of your trade-in device, the final adjusted value of your trade-in will be used to credit your Device Plan. This means your adjusted monthly payments will be different to that shown during your O2 purchase if, for example, the device you send to us does not match the description that you provide during the purchase.
- If for any reason we are unable to credit your Device Plan with your trade-in value, we will inform you and offer an alternative payment method of the same value.
- If you change your mind within 14 days on your new O2 Refresh contract, and have already sent in your old device to us for trade-in, then your trade-in value will be returned to you using another appropriate method.
d) Store Trade-in (O2 store customers only):
- If you have selected trade in within an O2 store, you may be able to use your O2 Recycle value to contribute to the up-front cost of your new device.
- Should you subsequently change your mind on your O2 Refresh contract, having traded in your old device using the store trade-in option, then any value from the trade-in used towards the upfront cost will be refunded to you.
e) Charity donation (o2recycle.co.uk only):
- You may choose to donate the full amount or a percentage of your trade-in value to O2’s chosen partners.
- If your device is subject to re-quote following inspection of your device, the percentage value chosen as a donation will be applied to the new device value and cannot be adjusted.
- The organisations supported are at O2’s discretion and may change from time to time without notice.
f) Cheque (o2recycle.co.uk and O2 voice channels only):
- Once we’ve received and processed your device, provided it matches the description and is in accordance with these terms, cheques will be dispatched within 5 working days.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the registered name and address is entered correctly. If your bank refuses to clear a cheque due to an error in the name or address details you have provided to us, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £7.50 to re-issue a new cheque.
- If you have damaged or lost your cheque, you can have it reissued by posting us a written request at the below address and, in the event of damage, including the damaged cheque to the address below. A cancellation fee of £7.50 will apply in all cases and will be deducted from the re-issued cheque value.
Vulcan Road North
6.3. Payment can only be made to the name, address and details provided upon registration and incorrect details may result in delay or non-payment.
6.4. If you receive a reduced quotation following inspection of your device, we will give you 48 hours to reject the new value to have your device returned free of charge. If we haven’t heard from you after 48 hours, we will process your order for payment at the reduced value.
7.1. We recommend sending all items via the Post Office and high value items by registered post (Royal Mail Special Delivery).You can also use the O2 Recycle Pack and label provided.
7.2. We do not accept responsibility for non-delivery of devices or damage in transit. To avoid any damage during transit we also recommend devices are packaged adequately using protective wrapping. For any lost, stolen or damaged devices, Royal Mail postage will cover you for up to £100.
7.3. Royal Mail has introduced guidelines regarding shipping products containing lithium batteries. Find out more information about the guidelines and how they impact you here.
7.4. Ensure that the label is securely fastened to the parcel and the barcode is not obscured by tape. The barcode is crucial in getting the goods back. Customers will be given a receipt by the Post Office when the goods are dropped off. This must be kept as proof of sending.
7.5. You will need your receipt (as set out in paragraph 7.4) and the correct IMEI or serial number of your device in order to be able to make a claim through Royal Mail for any lost device. Failure to provide this information may invalidate your claim for a lost device.
7.6. Your device should be sent to us at:
Vulcan Road North
8. Customer requirements
8.1. By registering an O2 Recycle order you warrant that:
- the device(s) comply with these terms;
- you are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland;
- you are accessing our site from that country;
- you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract;
- you agree to creating an O2 Recycle account; and
- you are at least 18 years old; or
- if you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your device to us for the sum indicated via O2 Recycle.
8.2. You and (in the event you are under 18 years of age) your parents or guardians release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the phone to us in breach of these warranties. If you deal as a consumer any provision of this contract which is of no effect to a consumer shall not apply. Your statutory rights are not affected by this contract. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "consumer" means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession, as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
8.3. You are responsible for cancelling any airtime contract linked to each device. We are not responsible for any call costs arising before, or after, receipt of your device or arising from any other circumstances whatsoever.
8.4. Please remove SIM cards before sending us your device. Any SIM cards received by us will be destroyed and so cannot be returned (we will dispose of them appropriately). We accept no liability in the event that any device that has been sent with its SIM card is lost and charges are then incurred. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges.
8.5. Please do not send accessories or the original manufacturer’s box. If we return your device to you because of order cancellation by you, or for any other reason, we will not return accessories and your device may be returned in alternative packaging. Any accessories, boxes, or other packaging received by us will be disposed of appropriately.
8.6. Please ensure all personal data is removed from devices before sending them to O2 Recycle. This includes but is not limited to all personal details, SMS, photos, videos, games, music or other data. O2 Recycle will not accept responsibility for the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data. By sending your device to us you agree to release us from all and any losses, claims or damages with respect to the data enclosed or stored therein or on any media used in conjunction with the device.
8.7. To delete data from your iPhone please follow the instructions below:
- From standby select Menu > Settings >General > Reset
- Select Erase All Content and Settings
- If you haven’t already removed your personal data, then choose Backup and erase
- Press Erase Now
- Handset will switch off and restart. This may take several minutes. Please do not switch handset off during reset.
9.1. O2 Recycle is only intended for use by people registered with us and resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. At our complete discretion we may accept or reject orders from people outside of these territories.
9.2. We reserve the right to reject large volume repeat orders within any 12-month period.
9.3. You must own all rights, title and interests in any device(s) that you send to us.
9.4. Ownership of the device will only pass to us when we receive the device, in accordance with these terms and conditions, and we have dispatched payment to you.
9.5. The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
9.6. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and claims in relation to our contract with you are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
10. Events outside of our control We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.