Pay Monthly Tariff (Feb 2010) including iPhone 3G
Consumer Pay Monthly Tariff Terms
- Save for certain SIM Only tariffs, O2 Pay Monthly is subject to status, credit-check, payment by direct debit and the terms of an 18 or 24 month minimum term O2 contract. After connecting or upgrading to a minimum term contract, you're unable to move to a lower priced Pay Monthly tariff for 9 months unless otherwise stated. After 9 months you can change tariff a maximum of once per month, provided that if moving down a tariff you may only move to the next lowest priced tariff with the same minimum term. If you move from a tariff which is not currently available you will not be able to change back to your previous tariff. (this may differ for iPhone customers depending on when you connected, please check the terms stated in your iPhone contract)
- SIM only tariffs are subject to status, credit-check, and payment by direct debit. Save for when expressly stated otherwise (for certain SIM only offers with alternative minimum terms, for example the SIM only offer with a 12 month minimum term), you may give us written notice that you wish to end your SIM only contract or change tariff at any time, and this will be effective 30 days after we receive your notice. In the event that you are on a SIM only tariff that allows you to end your contract on 30 day's notice, you will be required to pay the applicable monthly charge for your SIM only tariff until the end of this 30 day notice period.
- If applicable, Pay Monthly handset upgrades are not available until the end of any existing minimum term contract and are subject to signing a new minimum term contract. A handset is not provided when you select a SIM only tariff.
- If you take a SIM only tariff, your current mobile phone may be latched/locked to another network and you may need to obtain an unlatching/unlocking code from your current network operator and service provider. This code is not the same as your PIN code. Failure to enter the correct unlatching code may result in your mobile phone becoming permanently blocked. We accept no responsibility for mobile phones blocked in this way or for any costs incurred in the provision of this code.
- Unused inclusive minutes, data and messages cannot be carried forward one month to the next on any tariffs. Existing customers transferring tariffs will lose any accrued rollover allowance.
- Unless otherwise stated, call prices include VAT, are quoted by the minute, and are charged in one second increments. Each call is charged excluding VAT and then rounded-up to the nearest penny. VAT is then added to the total of all charges on your bill.
- To access O2's data services your mobile device must be data compatible and enabled. Access to data services is subject to network coverage.
- Prices are correct at time of going to print but are subject to change.
- Prices shown are for payment by Direct Debit only; different payment methods, if permitted, may incur additional charges.
- Itemised billing shall only be available online at no additional charge. Paper bills may be available in limited circumstances to certain customers (save for iPhone customers) upon request at a charge, and the customer shall be advised of such charge accordingly by O2.
- Other promotional SIM only offers: minimum terms may vary as expressly specified by O2 from time to time on certain promotional SIM only offers and certain offers may be subject to credit checks.
- Inclusive minutes on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK from an O2 mobile to:
- 1. UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and
- 2. numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3, and providers such as Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and BT Fusion), all provided that O2 may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share.
Calls to selected telephone helplines are also free of charge and not decremented from your inclusive allowance. A full list can be viewed at: www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/freenumbers
- Inclusive minutes can not be used for calls made in the UK to:
- 1. non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05) which are charged at 20.4p per minute, except calls to 0871 numbers which are charged at 35.8p per minute;
- 2. non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), which are charged at 25p per minute, except Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man numbers which are charged at 20.4p per minute, 076 numbers which are charged at 35.8p per minute and 070 numbers which are charged at 51.1p per minute. A list of the 07 numbers which are not included in your inclusive minutes and their charges can be viewed at www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/specialnumbers. Please note that it is updated regularly as new number ranges are allocated or we become aware that the use of existing ranges has changed; or
- 3. premium rate and directory enquiries numbers where special charges apply.
- Once you have used all your inclusive allowances, any calls made in the UK to numbers which would previously have been included will be charged at 20p per minute.
- Any calls made from abroad (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Mann) or to an international destination from within the UK will be charged at standard roaming or international call rates (unless International Traveller Service (ITS) / Discount Country is taken in which case a discounted rates will apply) which can be viewed at: www.o2international.co.uk.
- For customers connecting as of 26 February 2010, the minimum call charge is 10.2p for calls not forming part of your inclusive allowance.
- Calls to voicemail (including access to voicemail menus and voicemail retrieval) are decremented from your inclusive allowance. Once you have used all your inclusive allowances, calls to voicemail shall be charged at 10.2p per minute.
- The 'Unlimited Minutes' tariff allows you to make unlimited calls on your mobile phone for private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- 1. in, or connected to, any other device; or
- 2. in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM or your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
- ITS shall be inclusive at no extra cost on 600 anytime minutes or above tariffs.
- Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs (including iPhone tariffs) can be used for unlimited:
- 1. texts sent in the UK to UK mobiles,
- 2. (for 2009 Pay Monthly tariffs only and not 2010 tariffs), texts sent from abroad (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Mann), from your mobile phone for private, personal and non-commercial purposes. This excludes international texts. You may not use your SIM Card:
- 3. in, or connected to, any other device; or
- 4. in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
- Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs can not be used for:
- 1. premium rate messages where special charges apply,
- 2. sending messages from the UK to international numbers, these are charged at 16p, except for customers subscribed to Discount Country or ITS who will be charged at 12p; or
- 3. any chargeable messages you receive.
- Picture messages or video messages sent to UK mobiles will be charged at 20.4p per message.
- For applicable tariffs with data capability: Unless a data or BlackBerry Bolt On is taken, your tariff will include O2 Web Daily under which data will be charged at up to a maximum of £1.02 per day (00:00am to 23:59pm). Once you have reached your maximum daily charge of £1.02, O2 Web Daily allows you unlimited use of Telefónica UK Limited's Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- 1. in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
- 2. to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or
- 3. in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers
If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
- Data usage is measured in kilobytes (KB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB). If Data usage is less than £1.02 it will be rounded to the nearest kilobyte on a daily basis, and charges are rounded up to the nearest 1p. You are billed for the amount of data that travels over the data network. Please note that your bill may include charges for re-sent data packets and packets added to control the flow of data over the network.
- The prices shown do not incorporate data roaming rates.
These terms apply in addition to your airtime agreement which is available at www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
Bolt On Availability:Note: Call and Text Bolt Ons cannot be added to any promotional tariff unless otherwise stated.The following Bolt Ons are only available for purchase on 2009 Pay Monthly tariffs. For clarity, they are not available on 2010 tariffs.
|Bolt On||Choice of one included at no charge with 18 & 24 month 600 min+ tariffs through O2 Retail and O2 Online only (Promotional Bolt On)||Available for purchase on 2009 tariffs at £7.66/month through O2 Retail and O2 Online (Paid for Bolt On)||Available for purchase on 2009 tariffs at £7.66/month through indirect stores (Paid for Bolt On)|
|Unlimited O2 to O2 Calls||Yes||No||No|
|Unlimited Weekend Calls||Yes||No||No|
|Unlimited Landline Calls||Yes||No||No|
|200 extra anytime minutes||Yes||No||No|
|Unlimited Web Bolt On||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Wi-Fi Bolt On||No||Yes||Yes|
|Other Products||Choice of one included at no charge with 600 min+ tariffs through O2 Retail and O2 Online only (Promotional Bolt On)||Available for purchase through O2 Retail and O2 Online (prices highlighted are per month)||Available for purchase through indirect stores (prices stated are per month)|
|O2 Web Max||No||Yes (£30.64)||Yes (£30.64)|
|BlackBerry Unlimited||No||Yes (£10.21 with voice tariff/£15.32 as stand alone tariff, not available from O2 online)||Yes (£10.21 with voice tariff/£15.32 as stand alone tariff)|
|BlackBerry Pay as You Use||No||Yes - £3.07 per MB||Yes - £3.07 per MB|
- Promotional Bolt Ons are subject to availability and may be offered to customers connecting or upgrading to an eligible Pay Monthly tariff in O2 Retail, O2 Online, O2 Customer Services and O2 Telesales only on or before 25th February 2009. O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend these offers at any time on reasonable notice. Participating customers will receive 30 days notice via text message if changes are made to their disadvantage. For the purpose of clarification, promotional Bolt Ons shall not be available to on all SIM only tariffs.
- "Pay Up Front" and "Pay Up Front for Life" customers must transfer to an eligible tariff to take up the offer. Please note, on transfer, any outstanding pre-paid line rental will be lost, and customers will be unable to return to a Pay Up Front offer.
- Eligible O2 Retail and O2 Online tariffs are 600 anytime minute and above tariffs on SIM only, 18 and 24 month minimum term contracts unless stated otherwise. Promotional Bolt Ons are not available on any 12 month contracts. O2 Online customers on 18 or 24 month 200 and 400 minute tariffs may have unlimited O2 to O2 mobile calls but no other choice of Promotional Bolt Ons.
- Customers moving to an ineligible tariff will lose their Promotional Bolt On. Existing customers not on a "for life" promotion are ineligible to select a Promotional Bolt On unless they sign a new minimum term contract on an eligible tariff, but should note that this may require payment of the monthly subscriptions for any remaining minimum term of their existing contract.
- Customers who have an existing "for life" promotion can change to a Promotional Bolt On and all customers with a Promotional Bolt On may change their choice every 90 days. Customers changing from a "for life" promotion offered before 1st February 2009 to a Promotional Bolt On cannot return to the old promotion.
- Except O2 Online customers on 200 and 400 minute tariffs, customers on eligible tariffs can choose any one Promotional Bolt On from the table above at no additional charge.
- Promotional Bolt On allowances will be decremented before standard Pay Monthly tariff inclusive minutes and messages.
- Customers who disconnect and reconnect (for whatever reason) are not eligible for Promotional Bolt Ons.
- No cash alternatives are available for any Promotional Bolt On.
- Customers connecting to the £15.32 promotional pay monthly tariff (18 months min term) can add either the Unlimited O2 to O2 mobile calls Promotional Bolt On to their tariff. No other Promotional Bolt Ons can be added at any time.
- Customers who buy a Pay Monthly contract online at o2.co.uk may choose one of the following inclusive Promotional Bolt Ons:
- 1. Unlimited O2 to O2 mobile calls; or
- 2. Unlimited Data (available for 18 or 24 month contracts only. Not available to simplicity customers); or
- 3. Unlimited UK standard fixed line calls.