Living better with technology
At O2, we want to help families and young people make the most of their time together. Our technology helps bring people together, we want it to be an enabler, not a distraction.
We understand that technology has a bigger, louder presence in our day to day lives, so it’s easy to lose touch with those connections that make us all human. As the first generation to grow up with the internet, young people use technology creatively and intuitively. They are also, of course, our future customers and employees.
That’s why we support young people living better with tech. We want to make sure technology adds to young peoples’ lives, through better online safety, healthier digital habits, and sharing magical moments together. Our #OwnYourFeed campaign with YoungMinds (2020) showcases how we utilise partnerships to improve the relationship young people can have with tech.
Helping families with online safety
Since 2015 we’ve been partnered with the NSPCC, helping to keep kids safe online. Bringing together O2’s tech know-how and the NSPCC’s expertise in protecting children, we have created numerous resources to help parents keep their kids safe online, great if you are an online expert or not sure where to start.
In 2019, we launched our award-winning online game Parents vs Kids, as well as our new NetAware site and campaign, in order to encourage parents to have regular conversations with their kids about the online world. The partnership has been endorsed by high profile, relevant talent and integrated across all marketing and media channels, including across the O2 store network, our campaigns have reached over 10 million parents.
- Net Aware: head to net-aware.org.uk for bitesize info and advice about the latest social networks, apps and games kids are using
- Online Safety Advice Line: If you have a question about parental controls or are worried about a social network your child uses, O2’s expert technical advisors are here to help. Call O2 free on 0808 800 5002 or book an appointment with us in store
- Parent workshops: Our online safety workshops provide practical tips. Find out more by sending us an email.
- Online resources: Order our online safety resources for parents and teachers by calling our free helpline on 0808 800 5002 or download them here
- Parents vs. Kids game: an award winning, fun way to have a shared learning experience about the internet and how to stay safe.
By the end of 2019 we had encouraged parents to take over 7 million actions to keep their kids safe online. And our people have raised £1.6m for the NSPCC through fundraising.