Travelling to the USA
Help and support
Travelling to the USA | Help & Support | O2
Roaming in the USA
Firstly, our O2 network in the UK will continue to support all types of mobile devices. But if you’re planning to travel to the USA in the future, there are some phones that won’t be compatible with USA networks from 2023.
If we’ve contacted you about this, you may want to think about upgrading your device if you want to roam in the USA any time after January 2023.
Devices that will work in the USA from 2023.
- iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, SE 2020,11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE
- Samsung Galaxy A12, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy A42, Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 4G, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Xcover Pro, A21s, A41,A51,A51 5G, A71, S10 Lite, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra, S10 5G, Note10,Note10 Plus 5G,S10, S10e, S10 Plus, A10, A20e, A50, A3 2017, Xcover 4S, AO2, A52 5G, A42 5G, Xcover Pro
- Sony Xperia 5 II, Xperia 10 II, Xperia 1 II, Xperia 10 III
- Oneplus Nord, 5, 5T, 6, 6T, Nord 2
- Doro 8050
- Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 3a
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G, Redmi Note 10 5G
- OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G, A53, A15, Reno 5G, Find X2 Neo 5G, Find X2 Lite 5G, Find X2 Pro 5G, Find X2 5G, Find X3 lite, Find X3 Neo, Find X3 Pro, Reno Z4 5G, Reno4 5G, A9 2020, A94 5G
- Huawei P40 lite 5G, Mate 20 X 5G, P30, P30 Pro, P30 Pro New Edition, P40, P Smart 2021, P40 Pro
- Motorola Razr 5G, Moto G 5G Plus, Moto G9 Play, Edge 5G, Moto G50
- Nokia 8.3, Nokia G10, Nokia G20, Nokia 5.4, Nokia X20, Nokia X10
Can’t see your device above? You may want to check out our latest smartphones
- Why is this happening?
The mobile operators we partner with in the USA are upgrading their networks. AT&T and T-Mobile are shutting down their older 3G networks so they can focus on 4G and 5G services over the coming years. This means older smartphones, which don’t support 4G calling, will no longer work on their networks after they make the switch.
- What happens if I don’t upgrade my mobile?
If your mobile doesn’t support 4G calling and you travel to the USA from 2023 onwards, it won’t work on the AT&T or T-Mobile networks, so you’ll only be able to use wifi.