Returns and repairs | Help & Support | O2
Returns and repairs
Help and support
If you need to return or repair a device that you’ve bought from O2, we can help.
Changed your mind?
If you’ve decided that the device you ordered isn’t for you, you can return it within 14 days of receiving it, and either get a refund or exchange it for a different device. Find out how to return your device.
If your device has developed a fault within 30 days, we’ll replace it or give you a refund – take a look at the ‘Returns’ section above for more advice.
If the fault develops outside 30 days and within your device’s warranty period, we’ll take you through some troubleshooting to try and fix the issue straight away. If that doesn’t solve the problem and your device has a genuine fault, we’ll arrange for it to be sent for repair. Learn more about how to arrange a repair.
- How do I know my order is faulty?
If you’re struggling with your device, try our online troubleshooter. It could be a simple fix. If it can’t solve your problem, the troubleshooter will tell you what to do next.
- How do I prepare my device for return?
- Turn off any passcodes and remove any security software or other protections that would prevent us from using it. If your device is locked when you return it we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process a refund.
- Include your proof of purchase.
- Include all of the original parts.
- Include all accessories, other bundled items or free gifts.
- Return in the original packaging, where possible.
- Postal returns – look for your free returns label included in your packaging (or we can send you a new one). Then attach the label to your packaged device. For extra safety, we suggest upgrading the pre-paid postage to Special Delivery with insurance (around £7). This is optional, of course.
- How do I turn Find My iPhone off?
You can do this on your phone or from a computer.
Apple has all the information you need. Follow their steps.
If your device is locked when you return it we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process a refund.
- What do I do if I purchased an iPhone and an Apple Watch from O2, both are within the 14-day return period, and I’ve changed my mind?
- If you‘ve bought an iPhone and Apple Watch on O2 within the last 14 days, then your Apple Watch and your iPhone accounts will be linked.
- If you bought your iPhone from a third party and you want to return it, make sure you return the iPhone before returning your Apple Watch to O2.
- If you‘ve bought an iPhone and Apple Watch (both within the 14-day return period) from an O2 Store, please return both devices together.
- When returning an iPhone and Apple Watch (both within the 14-day return period) from o2.co.uk or O2 over the phone, make sure you return both devices in the same package. When arranging the return, we’ll send you packaging big enough for both.
- Can I return my sim only contract?
If you’ve taken out a sim only contract in store, over the phone or online, you can change your mind within 14 days of receiving your order. If you do want to cancel your agreement, contact us to let us know and we’ll get it sorted. We won’t ask you to return your sim, all you need to do is cut the sim in half once it’s stopped working.
We’ll give you back all the payments you’ve made, apart from any buy-out fee from your previous contract or any express delivery charges. You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.
If you bought your sim only contract along with an Apple Watch, they’re both within the 14-day return period and you decide to return your sim only contract, you’ll need to return your Apple Watch as well.
- Can I return a faulty device after the first 30 days?
If this is the first time your device is faulty outside the first 30 days of your agreement, we’ll send the device to be fixed by one of our engineers under the manufacturer’s warranty.
If this isn’t the first time you’ve had a problem with your device, we might be able to give you a full or partial refund. This will depend on how long ago you bought it.
- The small print
Important information about all O2 products
Anything you return or exchange must still be in brand new condition. For phones, tablets and Apple Watch this includes removing any security features that would prevent us from accessing it (like Apple’s Find My iPhone) and unlinking your device from certain accounts (like iCloud account, Apple Store or Google Play). If your product comes back damaged or used beyond what's reasonable, we may need to charge you.
You're allowed to do what's necessary to make sure that what you've received from us is what you thought you were buying, and that it all works as you expected. But no more than that. You'll be responsible for any damage and drop in value as a result of you opening, testing or playing with the product.
If you've used it more than was needed to check it, we'll have to deduct an amount from your reimbursement to cover the damage. You'll also be charged for any services you've used. So if you asked us to start providing you with calls, texts and data before the end of your 28-day cancellation period, you'll pay for what you used. These charges will come after the cancellation has been completed.
We'll pay you back within 28 days of you returning the product or providing evidence that you tried to return it. If you cancel a credit agreement (like the Device Plan of an O2 Refresh contract) without returning all your equipment you'll have to pay for the goods in full, straightaway.
If you didn't buy your device directly from us, you’ll have to go to the seller.
Thank you for sending your feedback.