O2 World Chat Prize Draw terms and conditions (Archived)Draw Date: 30 April 2016
Prize Draw Dates: [12 a.m. GMT] on [18/03/2016] to [12 p.m. GMT] on [10/04/2016] (Closing Date)
Entry: Entrants must be aged 18.
Customers need to enter the competition by texting the short code (60102) that they see in marketing materials.
Once customers text the short code, they will receive a SMS message from O2 with the link to download O2 World Chat.
Customers must follow this specific link to download the app and complete the registration process by inputting their phone number into the app.
Once registration is complete customers will be entered into the competition.
The winner will be notified within 2 weeks of the closing date.
You will be charged your usual UK rate to send the SMS and this will come out of your bundle/allowance) (we are using the standard O2 short code, TEXT 60102)
Text the relevant Key Word [ World A, World B, World R, World S, World Blynk/ World Blink, World Avi, World W, ] to 60102 before the Closing Date.
World A = Asian Express
World B = Birmingham New Street Station Kiosk
World R = Rochdale Shopping Centre Kiosk
World S = Slough Shopping Centre Kiosk
World Blynk = Leaflets given out with corporate
World Avi = Leaflets given out with corporate
World W = Leaflets given out with corporate
World Sun or World Sunrise = Sunrise Radio promotion
- £1000 cash prize x6 – this will be in the form of a cheque sent in the post
- £2000 flight voucher
The winner will be contacted by phone by The Asian Express Newspaper within 2 weeks of the draw being made.
After a discussion with the winner the Asian Express Newspaper will purchase flight tickets to their chosen International destination up to a value of £2,000 and arrange delivery to the winner.
Tickets may be single or return and any class but must be to one destination only and be used on one trip only
All tickets will be subject to availability and any flight restrictions
The winner must be one of the named flight ticket holders but the winner may select any other individual(s) to accompany. All passengers must be in possession of the legally required travel documentation, visas and rights to travel to the chosen destination. The winner is not restricted in the number of passengers that he/she can purchase flights for, so long as the total cost does not exceed £2000.
Any person under the age of 18 must have approval to travel from a parent or guardian and must be accompanied by an adult
No cash alternative is available.
If the value of the flights exceed £2,000 the winner will be responsible to pay the extra amount. Any payment will be due to the ticket supplier as advised by the Asian Express prior to the tickets being issued.
If the winner selects a flight worth less than the value of £2000 the remaining amount will be lost and the customer cannot try to re-use this.
Flights must be taken by 31st December 2016
- This Prize Draw is open to UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
- Only one entry per person and per mobile phone number (if applicable) is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. If you enter the draw more than once via more than one prize draw entry mechanic, you first entry will be taken as your one and only entry.
- The Prize Draw runs during the Prize Draw Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Prize Draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Draw Date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2's discretion.
- The winner can only claim the prize if he/she was the individual who entered the prize draw.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- As part of this Prize Draw, the winners agree to be featured in The Asian Express editorial if asked to do so. –This will include a photo opportunity and interview for publicity in the newspaper.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply which, in the case of events at The O2, can be viewed online at http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/termsandconditions.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize Draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
- Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- [If run over Facebook: The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering this Prize Draw, you are providing information to O2 and not to Facebook and you release of Facebook from any liability associated with this Prize Draw.]
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).