Internet Tethering Bolt On for Business Terms
- The Internet Tethering Bolt On (the "Bolt On") is available for current Pay Monthly users resident in the UK and aged 18 or above.
- Connection to the Bolt On is subject to status, credit-check and agreeing to a 3 month minimum term. If you cancel your subscription to the Bolt On or your O2 Pay Monthly airtime contract during the minimum term of the Bolt On you will be required to pay the outstanding monthly charges for the remainder of your Bolt On minimum term.
- The Internet Tethering Bolt On allows you use of our data network and UK Wi-Fi via your mobile phone (internet capable and Wi-Fi accredited phones only) used as a modem to gain access to the internet on another device. It includes a specified monthly data allowance (unlimited for Wi-Fi as long as your usage is not excessive). The specified monthly Bolt On data allowance is combined with any existing data allowance you have and may be used for data usage on your phone or for internet tethering or both, up to the total of your combined data allowance.
If you exceed the monthly allowance or breach these terms, we reserve the right to:
- 1. impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed;
- 2. remove the Bolt On from your account;
- 3. impose further charges; and/or
- 4. disconnect your sim card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
All data usage must be for your legitimate business purposes.
Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your sim in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
- The Bolt On allowance can be "topped-up" by additional one-off payments for extra network allowance, subject to availability.
- Use of the Bolt On is subject to the minimum system requirements of your phone and the laptop or other device which you wish to use for internet tethering.
- Use of the Bolt On is subject to network coverage.
- Connection speeds are subject to various factors including network coverage and signal strength and therefore we cannot guarantee that your connection will reach any specific speeds.
- O2 reserves the right to change or vary the Bolt On service in accordance with these terms from time to time.
- If we increase the monthly price of your Bolt On we will provide 30 days advance written notice of the change. In these circumstances you may end your Bolt on provided you give us a minimum of 30 days notice and provided you notify us within one month of our telling you about the price changes. Your existing O2 Pay Monthly mobile airtime contract will not be affected.
- Unused data cannot be carried forward one month to the next on any tariffs. Existing customers transferring tariffs will lose any accrued rollover allowance. Data usage is measured in kilobytes (KB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB).
- The prices and allowances shown do not incorporate data roaming rates. Usage whilst roaming will not be taken from your monthly allowance and will incur additional third party network operator's charges and these charges may be significant.