Setting up Voicemail 901
Voicemail 901 answers any calls you miss and lets you know when you have new messages. It's available to all O2 customers and is ready to go on all new O2 phones. If it's switched off, you can turn it on by calling 1750 free of charge from your mobile.
Personalise your greeting
Your Voicemail 901 is automatically set up with a default message that greets your callers. Or you can record your own. Here's how:
- Dial 901
- Press * for greetings and mailbox settings and then 3
- Follow the prompts
- You use the same prompts to change your greeting, as and when you need to. Handy if you're away on holiday
Check your messages
You can listen to your messages any time by dialling 901 from your mobile. Or you can speed-dial Voicemail 901 by holding down 1.
Then, while you're listening to a message you can:
- Press 0 to pause or continue
- Press 4 to skip back 5 seconds
- Press 6 to skip forward 5 seconds
You can also do any of the following during or after you've heard your message:
- Press 1 to replay the message
- Press 2 to save it
- Press 3 to delete it
- Press 5 to return the call
- Press 7 to forward or reply (Pay Monthly customers only)
- Press 8 to hear who called you and when
- Press 9 to reply by text (Pay Monthly customers only)
What it costs
If you're a Pay & Go customer, calls to 901 are charged at 15p a call on our Talkalot rates (from Feb 08). Otherwise they're charged at 10p per call.
If you're a Pay Monthly customer, calls to 901 are free of charge.
Switching it off
Dial 1760 from your mobile free of charge.
O2 Call Alert
If you're an O2 Call Alert user and you want to replace the service with Voicemail 901, call 1710 free of charge from your mobile. Then you just call the same number to switch back again. It's that easy. (Please note: you can only have one service or the other.)