Setting up Voicemail 901
Voicemail 901 answers any calls you miss and lets you know when you have new messages. It's available to all O2 customers and is ready to go on all new O2 phones. If it's switched off, you can turn it on by calling 1750 for free from your mobile.
Setting up or changing your pin
It's important to set up a pin on your voicemail to keep your messages secure. For more information on setting up or changing your pin, see our help article.
Personalise your greeting
Your Voicemail 901 is already set up with a recorded greeting. To make your own message:
- Dial 901
- Press * for greetings and mailbox settings and then 3
- Follow the prompts
- Use the same prompts to change your greeting, as and when you need to. Handy if you're away on holiday
Check your messages
You can listen to your messages at any time by dialling 901 from your mobile, or speed-dial by holding down 1.
While you're listening to a message you can:
- Press 0 to pause or continue
- Press 4 to skip back 5 seconds
- Press 6 to skip forward 5 seconds
After you've listened to your message:
- Press 1 to replay the message
- Press 2 to save it
- Press 3 to delete it
- Press 5 to return the call
- Press 7 to forward or reply (Pay Monthly customers only)
- Press 8 to hear who called you and when
- Press 9 to reply by text (Pay Monthly customers only)
What it costs
If you're a Pay & Go customer, calls to 901 are charged at 15p a call on our Talkalot rates. Otherwise they're charged at 10p per call.
If you're a Pay Monthly customer, calls to 901 are free.
For voicemail use abroad and its charges, see our help articles on Pay Monthly calling, texting and data usage abroad and Pay & Go calling, texting and data usage abroad.Switching it off
Dial 1760 from your mobile for free.O2 Call Alert
If you're an O2 Call Alert user and you want to replace the service with Voicemail 901, call 1710 for free from your mobile. Then you just call the same number to switch back again. It's that easy. (Please note: you can only have one service or the other.)