- Open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and The Channel Islands) residents aged 16 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of O2, its subsidiary companies, their agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
- Internet access is required to participate.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion, and in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The promotion is only open to eligible new customers of Qualifying O2 Mobile Broadband Products (1GB or 2GB 3G Monthly Data Plans and 3GB or 5GB 4G Monthly Data Plans), that have activated by completing payment for their first 30 days during the promotional period (1 December 2013 – 30 December 2013).
- Only one entry per valid DMPN activation.
To enter, customers must:
- a. Activate a qualifying sim by signing up to either the 1GB or 2GB 3G recurring Data Plan or a 3GB or 5GB 4G O2 Mobile Broadband recurring data plan during the promotional period (1 December 2013 – 30 December 2013).
- b. Qualifying customers will be sent an email that will include a unique code and URL link to the promotional microsite.
- c. Customers must then visit the promotional microsite (www.o2meganewyear.co.uk/) and enter their unique code along with their name, email address, contact number and DMPN number by 31 December 2013. Customers must retain their unique code as this may be required for the verification process.
- d. Entrants will find out immediately if they have been successful or not via the promotional microsite.
- e. Winners will be contacted via telephone within 2 working days of revealing their prize online. If winners are unable to be contacted at the first attempt they will continue to be contacted during the 28 days following. Winners will have no more than 28 days from the first call to confirm their prize and confirm how they would prefer their free data to be allocated to their account (see options outlined in term 7).
- f. If a winner does not confirm their prize or is unable to be contacted within the allocated time frame, the prize shall be deemed unclaimed or unaccepted.
- g. Prizes will only be fulfilled after confirmation of the prize and preferred method of data allocation. Prizes will be allocated to winner's O2 Mobile Broadband accounts within the first 7 days of January 2014.
- h. If winners can only be contacted after the January allocation of data has been made, they will then be ineligible for their free data for January 2014. In this instance winners will receive their free data from February 2014 for 12 months.
The prize will be allocated in one of three ways. The winner(s) will have the option between the following options:
a. The winner will receive an extra 1GB of data added to their current 3G monthly data plan each month for 12 Months.
b. The winner will replace their current monthly data plan with 1GB free data per month for 12 months and their current recurring payment will be cancelled.
c. Winners who are currently on a 2GB 3G monthly data plan will be given the option of changing to a 1GB 3G data plan and adding on their free 1GB of data each month.
- a. The winner will receive an extra 3GB of data added to their current 4G monthly data plan each month for 12 Months. Or,
- b. The winner will replace their current monthly data plan with 3GB free data per month for 12 months and their current recurring payment will be cancelled. Or,
- c. Winners who are currently on a 5GB 4G monthly data plan will be given the option of changing to a 3GB monthly data plan and adding on their free 3GB of data each month.
- Customers must have completed steps a-c in term 6 and entered their details by the closing date for entries (31 December 2013). Attempts to enter after this date will not be accepted under any circumstances. If it becomes apparent that a customer has, or has attempted to, enter fraudulently, that person's entry will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Multiple entries per DMPN number are not permitted.
- If a winner decides to upgrade their recurring tariff from O2 3G to an O2 4G at any point during the 12 months of their free data fulfilment the customer will have their current monthly free allocation of 1GB of 3G data removed and replaced with a monthly free data allocation of 1GB of 4G data for the remainder of their 12 month fulfilment period.
- The DMPN inputted on the promotional microsite at the time of entry will be the bearer of the free data. The DMPN is final and cannot be changed.
- All entrants will be verified at the point of entry. Providing that the winners are eligible, their prizes will be fulfilled within the first 7 days of January 2014. The winning entrants will be contacted by telephone and will be asked to provide their preferred data allocation option outlined in section 7.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of an entrant to take up the specified prize. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or prize expenses which winners may be required to pay out at any time in connection with a prize.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed claims, notices, acceptances or other documents related to the prizes.
- No cash or other prize alternative available, in whole or in part, except, in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this promotion including the allocation of more prizes than are available, and where circumstances make this unavoidable, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the promotion; amend these terms & conditions; and or declare void the notification of winner/s; and/or allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- 17. Winners' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this promotion. For the purpose of administering the prizes, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding entries with service providers.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this promotion and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a self addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica O2 UK, and 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX and marked with the name of the promotion. The list of winner's names will be available for a period of 3 months from the closing date of the campaign.
- In relation to the promotion, O2's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Owing to circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- Where circumstances make this unavoidable, O2 shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this offer where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, postal strikes, terrorist attacks, website malfunction, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, economic crisis or network malfunction.
- Sometimes, through reasons outside of O2's control, the website (as with any website) may not be accessible. O2 cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted. O2 will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- The promoter of this promotion is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX ("O2").
Full O2 iPad Micro Sim, O2 iPad Nano Sim and O2 Android Tablet Sim terms and conditions also apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.
Abridged Terms and Conditions
Offer excludes 200MB 3G daily data plan, 1GB pre-loaded data plan and 1GB 4G one off data plan. UK, CI, IoM 16+, normal exclusions apply. Sign up by 30.12.13. Enter by 31.12.13. Retain unique code for verification purposes. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk.