O2 Community terms and conditions
- The O2 Community rules are here so that the Community is a welcoming and useful resource for everyone that visits. The rules outline what we think is acceptable behaviour and it is important that you read them carefully and stick to them.
- Our terms and conditions are the rules governing how you participation in the O2 Community including in particular any comments, username, links, or images you submit to the Community ("Content"). In these terms, "Our", "we" or "us" means Telefónica UK Limited, a company registered in England (Company Number 01906156).
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as accessing and taking part in the O2 Community constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. You also agree to be bound by our general web and wap terms and conditions which you can see at http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/webwapandimode ("General Terms"), including in particular the "Acceptable Use" terms at paragraph 5.
- The O2 Community is only for you if you're 18 or over. By using the service, you're confirming that you are 18 years or over. We reserve the right to check this is true.
The O2 Forum terms (link) apply to use of this O2 Forum for Young People. The following special terms also apply, and vary the general O2 Forum terms where appropriate:
- a) You must be 13 years of age or older to use the O2 Forum for Young People.
The O2 Community is provided for your use. The views and opinions expressed on the O2 Community don't reflect ours (unless they are from one of our Online Support team).
You must not submit any Content that doesn't comply with these Terms. Specifically, you must not use the O2 Community for any Content that:
- breaks any relevant local, national or international law or which incites or encourages others to break any such law
- is racist, sexist or homophobic or otherwise discriminatory;
- is pornographic, obscene, profane, vulgar, or contains swearing (including words which use * or any other symbols instead of a letter to make the profanity less obvious);
- is defamatory of any person, entity or organisation;
- is persistently abusive, threatening, repeatedly a cause of nuisance or annoyance or otherwise illegal towards other O2 Community users, our staff or our property or that of our agents;
- is otherwise offensive in our reasonable opinion;
- infringes the rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights) of any person or legal entity;
- relates to the conduct of a business;
- includes advertising, or is soliciting business;
- impersonates, or attempts to impersonate another person, whether or not that person is a user of this O2 Community.
- infringes the privacy of an individual or company, including (but not limited to) posting location and/or contact details of another person;
- To help us moderate the O2 Community, all Content must be in English only.
- Before posting Content which contains an image of another person(s); property owned by another person(s); and/ or reference to another person which might be used to identify them (either alone, or in combination with any other Content), you must get that person's consent before you post it.
- Should you find any Content that you feel is inappropriate or not in line with these rules, please let us know by using the red flag system on the O2 Community. If we agree that it should be removed, it may take a day or so for the Content to be removed.
- We'll review the Content you submit to the O2 Community to make sure it's suitable, relevant and in line with the rules.
- If you break the O2 Community rules then we may require that any future Content posted by you is checked by us before it's allowed to go on the site or even place a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any part of or all of the O2 Community. If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate Content to the O2 Community or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the O2 Community, and we think your behaviour is serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
- We reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any O2 Community account, at any time, for any reason.
- We reserve the right to report to the relevant authorities any Content which we believe to be illegal.
Who owns the Content?
We don't claim to own any Content you submit or make available via the O2 Community and you'll continue to own all rights in that Content. You'll have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. However, by submitting to or making available any Content on the O2 Community you agree to grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public (on the O2 Community or elsewhere), and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Content worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your Content as we may require. By submitting or making available any Content to the O2 Community, you also agree to waive all moral rights in that Content. We may (without notice to you) grant the same or other rights in respect of your Content to third parties without payment to you and sell, distribute or otherwise publish your Content outside of the O2 Community. If you don't want to grant us the rights set out above, please don't submit your Content.
- The majority of Content posted on the O2 Community is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not ours. We are not are responsible for any Content posted by members of the public on the O2 Community or for the availability or Content of any third party sites that are accessible through the O2 Community. Any links to third party websites from the O2 Community do not amount to any endorsement of that site by us and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- If any one of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- Our terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Both you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We reserve the right to review and revise our terms and conditions from time to time without giving you prior notice and by using the O2 Community after any revision of our terms and conditions, you agree to be bound by the changes we've made.