A large proportion of the FirstPort team are Development Managers based on site at retirement developments across the UK. But nearly all the communication between them and the FirstPort head office was paper-based. This was labour-intensive and very expensive and made it difficult to create the interaction and sense of community that FirstPort wanted to foster.
A comprehensive migration from paper to digital. Tablets, email and Office 365 replaced the post and fax. O2 works in partnership with FirstPort to supply fixed line telephony, the data centre, application layer, and devices and technology management. "This is a real breakthrough for us. It has allowed us to use technology to underpin our customer service strategy, which is what we're trying to do at FirstPort: to give our customers an improved and more efficient service." Darren Kerwick, CIO, FirstPort.
- 1400 tablets mobilised in about 10 weeks, with a full support package.
- Cost savings and improved efficiency.
- Ability to capture management information.
- Partnership approach with O2 covering technology, process and systems and supporting FirstPorts's transformation vision.
- Ability to distribute video communications, which helps build the community across the company.